• My occupation is Being The Boss :P
  • I am The Queen Bee XD

• Welcome to my Message Wall! ^^

Cb-0

Ember M
Dfb
Sayori
Heya, fellow fan and editor

I'm Ember! If you're on my Message Wall then you probably came from a Staff member's blog, probably one regarding some big change, or from a Thread where I asked for some coding help. Maybe you saw me on someone else's Wall or blog, or reporting a vandal, or perhaps on an Adoption Request or just in the Wiki Activity, and now you're here, so welcome :P I've been on Wikia (soon to be FANDOM) as an anon since late 2012 and with an account since early 2013. I've been an Admin and Crat on several Wikis since early 2014 and a Mod, Chat Mod and Rollback since 2015. I'm considering adopting a few more Wikis, as well, and have founded a couple.

I'm not very active on CC, I mostly only comment on Staff changes or am here to get codes for my Wikis. I know a considerable bit about coding, so go ahead and ask me if you need help with anything or if you would like to borrow any of my codes for yourself, I can help and would love to see what you make :P I will assist you to the best of my abilities, and if I can't then I'll direct you to someone who can, or I can make a Thread for you asking if you're shy to :P

Feel free to send me a message about anything, I love to chat! ^^ :) Here are some guidelines to help with specific messages (list is collapsible):

• Feel free to message me here if you have concerns regarding any Wiki I'm an Admin or Mod on, or just ask on that specific Wiki. I will link another Admin, or one of the Admins if it's a Wiki I'm only a Mod or Rollback on, if further help is required.
  • If you would like to affiliate with one of my Wikis, or use our codes, Templates, or Article Pages, please ask me or another Admin here or on the specific Wiki and we will agree on one Thread. We will be available for further help if needed! ^^ If it's for a Wiki I'm only a Mod or Rollback on then I will direct you to the Admins on the specific Wiki. I would, however, suggest just going to the specific Wiki for this first instead of on here, then everyone in the community will have the ability to see it and comment.
Monikachatskin
  • You may discuss blocks by me here or on the specific Wiki (unless you're blocked from your MW, obvs here then), be sure to act in a civilized, calm, rational, objective and fair way. If you were blocked, you probably got no less than three warnings, or had an inappropriate Username, avatar or Profile. I will always assume good faith, such as you not knowing what a Message Wall or edit summary was, and will give the benefit of the doubt and guide you in the proper direction. Chances will be given no less than twice before the block is issued again if the behavior continues.
  • You may also message me about other Admins on the same Wiki I'm an Admin on, including if they blocked you. Do be ready for them to join the same Thread if they please, however, as I will inform them of your concerns and provide them a link, which is only fair to everyone involved.
Monika
  • You can send me a message regarding concerns or blocks about Admins/Crats on Wikis I'm only a Moderator or Rollback on, and I will inform them as well, but please do not expect me to fight with them on your behalf as I highly respect the Admins and Crats above me and their decisions.
  • Please do not send me concerns, even for blocks, on Wikis I am not on, barely on, or have no powers on, even if I am friends with the Admin(s). It's not my place to get involved. I especially won't do this for Wikis I'm not on with Admins I have never even seen before. Even if I did it for you before, even if you see I've done this in the past for others, even if I'm doing it currently or in the future for a special case, do not ask me to do this for you.
  • You can ask me to talk to the Staff and request something, but I will only do it once if at all, and I will accept the answer given and tell you to, as well.
  • Please do not ask me to edit something back onto a page that was previously undone by an Admin, especially if you are blocked on that specific Wiki and extra especially if I'm not on that Wiki already. Just talk to the Admins about the edit.
  • You can ask me to report a vandal or underage User for you, but I would suggest doing it yourself. Please do not ask me randomly, though, as I do not want to falsely accuse anyone or wrongly report someone innocent, just do it yourself.
  • Don't send me spam or troll my MW, it will be left for everyone to see who you really are, anonymous or not, and I will fight fire with fire. You will get burned.
  • Obscene, offensive (typically meaning the likes of blatant racism, sexism, violence, etc. for shock value), uncivil, harmful, nonsensical walls of text (example: "i" being the only letter repeatedly in a six paragraph message) and any other types of unacceptable messages will be removed immediately. If you decide to do so anyway because you were blocked then you're block will immediately be changed to infinite and you will be reported to a CC Admin. You may also be reported to the Staff and globally blocked if it is serious enough.
  • Threats will absolutely not be tolerated and I will report you to an Admin on CC, and/or the Staff depending on how serious it is. I also do report Admins who are abusing their powers as I see it, as well as some urgent vandals, and harassing Users who try to intimidate others.
  • Long messages are fine, I don't care, I'll still read it and reply, my messages are novels compared to yours so don't worry. However, please do not spam my email when talking to another User, just start your own Thread with them instead.
  • Mild and joking, lighthearted swearing is okay, however malicious swearing aimed to cause offense or harm is not. Same goes for insults, pretty much. Passive aggressive insulting and swearing is a fine line to tread, which I wouldn't advise. Caps should be used for emphasis or even jokes, not spam or trolling. If you can't explain why it's in all caps, don't put it in all caps.

~ ** ūüíô ** ~

Just Monika

My current signature:

~Ember

Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push.
A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • But how to past¬†

And how to make friends

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hey, I had a question for you.Are you a girl?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi.

Loading editor
  • Hi.

Loading editor
    • View all 58 replies
    • This reply has been removed
    • Okay, but now you're blocked on Chat here too, so Idk if it will¬†:/ Okay, good. So are you gonna adopt or me (later)?

Okay.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I know this sounds weird, but how do you make your message wall look so cool¬†:3.

I am talking about the gif :3

Loading editor
    • View all 7 replies
    • Np, feel free to ask if you need help with anything else¬†:3

Loading editor
    • )
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • woah man. you've been commenting on the blog for a while. Seriously. 170 of your 410 edits were commenting on the blog. Take a chill time out and relax. Also, some of the comments are uncessary and could ahve been posted to their walls. or not at all. Please consider not commenting until you contribute to the conversation.

Loading editor
    • View all 6 replies
    • Also, I completely forgot about it but thanks for reverting the vandalism on my profile from before! It was really tame ("I suck" on mine and "I am gay" on the other person's was the best they could come up with so LOL Ig¬†:T XD), but it was still really nice of you to do, so thank you¬†:P

Loading editor
    • No problem.¬†:P

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Loading editor
    • Np¬†:P When you become an Admin and Crat, I suggest enabling comments so that people can ask questions about the Mods without having to go into the Talk Pages. Most people without accounts like anons don't know to look for Talk Pages in my experience, so it would be more convenient ^^

Loading editor
    • I also suggest affiliating with the DDLC Wiki once you have the Admin and Crat rights and clean up the place. And nice new avatar btw¬†:P

Loading editor
    • I'll take your advice. I'm not an expert on Wikia or anything, but I'm getting very tired of having to revert vandal edits all the time. So I'll try my best.

Loading editor
    • Thanks¬†:P I would be getting tired of it too, and I can help if you have any questions about anything¬†:P

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I saw the post you put on my Adoption request. First and foremost, about the spam, most wikis do have a rule that forbid the creation of extremely small pages, regardless of whether they are character pages, locations, items, or something, and they are usually treated as spam, and they usually have to have less than 300 words. Also, pages that define spam and candidates for deletion are usually mandated in most wikis and I was merely putting them in. I had also planned to create several pages that would actually be inclusive to the wiki. Given that tigers have some notable roles, I planned to create a page about invasive species, since tigers are not native to Africa. Also, I had planned to create pages for the chimpanzee, the orangutan and the gorilla, given that all three animals appear in them. Then there was how Werebereus approached the whole matter. He may not have liked what I did, but given that he banned me right after Merrystar said I could become an administrator gave me the impression that the ban was a blatant attempt to prevent another person from becoming admin, and the way he treated it, preferring to ban instead of just leaving a message or going to the Adaptation Request, especially given that he thought it was made up, was really immature to me. And also, he said he kept an eye on the wiki, but given that he hadn't edited for over a year, I was well within my rights to claim adoption on this wiki given that the guidelines mandate an admin has to edit instead of just watch. It certainly doesn't help that Werebereus has a long history of getting into fights with admins over the rules, being outright rude to other users, ban evasion, and vandalism. https://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log/block dir=prev&offset=20110805025824&page=User%3AWerebereus&type=block&month=&year= https://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log/block?offset=20111117021312&page=User%3AWerebereus&type=block&month=&year= https://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log/block?page=User%3AWerebereus https://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log/block?page=User%3AWerebereus

Given that the admins on those wikis called him out several times for making moaning and complaining about rules he did not like, the way he handled this just looked extremely childish, so his willingness to claim that he was a paragon of adminship just looked hypocritical, and I do believe he shouldn't have that power precisely due to this track record. So yes, I was merely trying to clean up that wiki and add information that was relevant to the wiki, and I believe that I was robbed of that. I also certainly did not like Werebereus that I was not welcome on his wiki. Regardless of whether he is an admin or not, he is not allowed to tell users what wikis they are allowed on, and I saw that as extremely insulting.

And about that other user's global ban, that dosent have anything to do with me, I think that was done due to a completely separate issue. Global bans are between the staff and that person, and he was still able to use his account a full day after that blog post was published, and I merely told him how to create a blog, when he asked about how to do it.

Loading editor
    • I disagree, most Wikis I've encountered allow short pages as long as they have a stub template and everyone knows the page in question can and will have more added onto it later, in the near or distant future. This usually occurs when there aren't many active Users and people don't have the time to review and add on to the page, or when the Wiki is incomplete due to something like a hiatus. The Iron Lyons ironically falls perfectly into that last category. Unless it's a "big" Wiki with many, many people, requiring pages to be complete, this has never been an issue on any Wiki I've seen that I can recall atm. Stub templates are meant for small pages, you know. Spam would have been if the page was useless and/or unnecessary, not because the page is small. Again, that's a stub. If the page is on topic and useful, no matter how small, it is important and not spam. Now, that being said, usually if a Wiki has too many small pages, they will take the ones in common and add them all onto one page under different headers. For example, there may be 8 very short pages focusing on minor characters. Usually an Admin would then go and place all the info on each character onto one page (say, "List of Minor Characters") with each header being the character's name or physical description if they were never given a name, and then deleting the old, now empty, 8 pages. Another example would be if you're an Admin on a Wiki about specific movies, lets say in this example, animated ones. You might want to have movies with all of their sequels together on one page, so instead of having 3 pages that say, "The Lion King", "The Lion King 2:Simba's Pride" and "The Lion King 1 1/2", you would have "The Lion King" with the Headers being "The Lion King", "The Lion King 2:Simba's Pride" and "The Lion King 1 1/2". I don't believe I've ever seen a Wiki with a word limit, excluding writing ones, like the Creepypasta Wiki, I think they might.

So, unless the page is actual and/or obvious spam (how I described above), and not just short and/or incomplete, aka a stub, then you should be prepared to explain why you believe they are spam. The same goes for adding a candidate for deletion category. That category is specifically meant for discussion, so unless you have a reason that is agreed upon by the community and Admins, it should not be deleted. It's fine if you were "merely putting them in", but if you were to become Admin and would have deleted them without a discussion then that would have been unfair, especially if the Admins were to have returned, either quickly or in the future, and disagreed.

Thank you for giving examples of what pages you would have added, I think that would also prove to Werebereus that you did read the books, if you did. This is why I would vouch for the block to be lifted and a second chance to be given. If you don't plan to harm the Wiki and have useful information to add, then I believe you and Werebereus should have a discussion and lift the block. You're right, it was immature and looks suspicious, but I'm not Were so I don't know how he truly felt or what his actual intentions were. That's why having a discussion and lifting the block would also be a good idea, it would show understanding of this mistake and good faith in new editors joining. Were should have shown good faith in the first place, but I can also understand how he would mistaken this for a simple vandal attack, especially if that Wiki has had any sudden vandal attacks in the past, but I do not know if they have.

You would of been in your rights to adopt after 2 months of Admin inactivity. The year guideline is for removing old rights, not just adopting. If the community would have been active after those 2 months or even year, but not the Admins, then you still could have adopted, but you would have had to have a blog post or discussion/forum thread for the community to vote on. I understand what Werebereus was thinking with keeping an eye on the Wiki but not editing it, in my opinion that's fine as long as he has a notice somewhere, like his profile, that he is still active. I don't know if he does, but it's not a Wikia/FANDOM Staff requirement, just my personal way of going about that kind of situation. Besides, I think he should have welcomed you and/or any new Users himself when you first joined, to show he's active.

I actually already know some of Werebereus's past on The Lion King Wiki, I didn't voice my opinion when the last few sets of blocks were given, but I still saw it as I was involved with the same User he was. I personally think Honeyfur was wrong with multiple things, however, their feud started long before I joined Wikia/FANDOM and I do not have the full story to judge them. Neither do you. I met Honeyfur in 2013 back when her avatar was still dolphins swimming, I think she's a good, fair Admin and I respect her and her judgments, not only as an Admin, but also as a User with a LOT experience on this website. The same goes for Werebereus, they both joined in 2009 and I hold a VERY high respect for both of them, especially for their knowledge and experience. Btw, this is the proper link for The Lion King Wiki:

https://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log?page=User%3AWerebereus&type=block

Again, I don't know the full story and I have a lot of respect for his experience of 9 and a half years of editing, so I don't have an opinion to give about that. Where did he say or imply he was a paragon of Adminship, though?

So again, I believe you should be unblocked and you two talk. I do not like that or think it should be acceptable that he said anyone was not welcome and I agree with you that he shouldn't tell Users they are not allowed, but again, I can see why he made this mistake, instead of assuming good faith. He is allowed to say that, as an Admin, but I think it was done far too soon and with no good faith beforehand. The message he left to tell you you were blocked was also not the best choice of words, tone or behavior.

Okay. I know how Global bans work, but unless they tell you why they were banned, the Staff will not. However, you didn't "merely tell him how to create a blog post", you specifically gave him the title and body of it, no less than twice.

Now, Werebereus was not the only one to not assume good faith, you also didn't. The goal of becoming an Admin isn't to "replace" the old ones, it's to help the Wiki and join the current Admins, or past Admins if they return. That being said, only the Staff can remove Bureaucrat rights, so even if you were to become a Crat and Admin, you would have needed the Staff to remove his rights, you would not have been able to do it yourself, so you wouldn't have been able to "replace" him by removing his rights once given Adminship. Furthermore, saying you could have "replaced" him makes you sound power hungry and a bit desperate.

Bringing up old disagreements and blocks also doesn't look good for either of you, not just Werebereus. It certainly doesn't look like good faith on your side, especially when you don't know the full story. Were has been very good with this, would you be if he had brought up links to your own past disputes and blocks? And again, telling someone exactly what to write for you on a Wiki you were blocked on doesn't make yourself look better, either.

You both handled this in a bad way, but I do believe there is potential and room for improvement if you two have a fair and reasonable discussion.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • We meet again, I guess.¬†:P

Loading editor
    • View all 5 replies
    • I'm not so fond of the upcoming change myself. But unlike other people that publicly complain, I haven't complained whatsoever about it. Which is because I've come to accept that no amount of complaining is going to get them to change their plans. And anyway, I'm not bothered enough by it to complain. I just deal with it.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, I complained a lot when they changed the Global Nav the first time, I was hoping that they would change their minds and revert it back if enough people were complaining. They didn't XD¬†;.; I don't think they will for this either, regardless of complaints, just like how they didn't before. I like to read the comments though, they bring up some valid and interesting points and concerns, tbh.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  •   Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.