FANDOM

Dinoguy1000

• I live in Illinois
  • I was born on August 5
  • My occupation is a template editor
  • I am cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • First I wanted to let you know that I already made the AWB change to add Wikia and Fandom to the drop down list of projects. Reedy already added it to the code, along with a number of other changes so when they do another update, it should be in there.

If you think of anything else you want to change, let me know.

Having said that, I spoke to Ransomtime several times about lifting my Wikia/Fandom ban for the Wikia channels and although he isn't all that active anymore he has repeatedly refused. Since you are also a Squid in there I thought I would ask you. If there is someone else I should ask, please let me know. As I have told Ransom in the past, I will evade it with alternate accounts if I have to because I need it to see and ask technical questions that come up there but I would prefer to use my account. As an admin on multiple Wikia wiki's a lot of things are discussed there I need to know to help me manage the projects I work on.

I am a positive member of the Wikia/Fandom community and always have been and I shouldn't be banned on IRC or Discord because a couple people want to do favors for their friends like AlexZ on the WMF projects. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Loading editor
    • Dude, Dinoguy has disabled his account over a year or two ago. You've been repeatedly threatening to make alternate accounts to ask technical questions over there, but if you actually did that you would've realized it's not so much of an active server as it used to be at the time of your ban. ##wikia has become, last time I checked, the place for ranting about Fandom and its changes. In my opinion, you aren't losing anything by being banned from there and you should stop bothering to harass squids about your ban because most of them are not as active on Fandom as they used to be and will probably just ignore your message when they come online.

Loading editor
    • Oh I hadn't noticed he wasn't here. Thanks for pointing that out.

Well ##wikia may not be active but the Discord server is. For example, I can see vandalism and other things that I might miss and there are discussions on the technical channel and bits and bots that can be useful (and some of the other channels too).

I grant you there is also a lot of mindless drivel that no one cares about but that's natural but it doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to see it.

BTW, just to prove I can see in the channels the last entry in #technical says:

ThanosofUndead Last Monday at 4:16 PM Somewhat but not too much

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi psl85 (My chat wall) 13:07, July 16, 2018 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Is there a link for me to view every fan of this community? I ask because I want to be able to diffrentiate the super-users, those who are very active and particpate regularly, from the not-so-frequent users. Any advice that you may have in seeing a complete list of members would be great.

Thanks

Loading editor
  • A user name RetroPineTree had his account disabled, he is of age and doesn't want his wiki to be given away. Please reactivate his account.

Thanks! :3

Loading editor
  • I created School of Dragons Fan Character Wiki and would to become it's Admin. If you could let me know if I can or not, that would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Loading editor
  • I would like to become an Admin for the Killer Instinct Wiki, along with the top leaders on that Wiki: Arshudar Al-Muhdarin, Aggression25, and Peter Sundler, please.

The Wiki needs a complete overhaul, complete with a seperate fanon page, new editors, and unlocked pages so we can go to work.

There are only 3 Admins on the Wiki, but 2 of them have left the Wiki for good, and the other makes sporadic changes, which is sad.

I can't wait 60 days to be the Wiki's Admin, I need to adopt the Wiki NOW, or the Wiki itself will fade to obscurity. Please. PLEASE.

Loading editor
    • Hello! If you want to adopt the wiki, you need to show that there is consensus from other active editors, and you need to be actively editing yourself. You'll also need to leave messages on the message walls/talk pages of the current admins, even if they're inactive. If you get consensus for the community and none of the admins has a problem with it, you should add a request at Adoption:Requests. This is unfortunately the best I can do, though, since I don't have anything to do with the adoption request system myself.

If pages are locked that shouldn't be, and no admins are available to unlock them or the admins refuse, you can try writing to staff via Special:Contact to request they be unlocked (be sure to link to discussions where you tried to get local admins to unlock the pages, as well as to the pages themselves).

Loading editor
    • Actually, I see that you've already discussed this with Merrystar, who handles adoption requests; you should follow her advice (and since she's unlocked the pages on the wiki, you can completely ignore my comments about that, too). =)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Welcome to the CC admin team! :p

Loading editor
  • I hope you realise that the Mirror's Edge Wikia has been sabotaged, I need your help to create a vote later on in order to revoke the administrative rights of the current bureaucraut. 

Loading editor
    • View all 9 replies
    • Not enabling those features doesn't necessarily mean they don't care, they may simply have tried them on other wikis and decided they don't like them. For example, I personally can't stand achievements on wikis at all (since in my experience they encourage bad editing habits), and I don't like Wikia's implementation of message walls (the idea is sound, and is one that quite a few people have wanted for many years now, but Wikia's specific implementation choices leave much to be desired), so when the choice is left to me, neither of these features gets enabled on a wiki.

Loading editor
    • Dinoguy1000 wrote:
      Not enabling those features doesn't necessarily mean they don't care, they may simply have tried them on other wikis and decided they don't like them. For example, I personally can't stand achievements on wikis at all (since in my experience they encourage bad editing habits), and I don't like Wikia's implementation of message walls (the idea is sound, and is one that quite a few people have wanted for many years now, but Wikia's specific implementation choices leave much to be desired), so when the choice is left to me, neither of these features gets enabled on a wiki.

That's highly understandable, but when the admin doesn't even fix broken links in the Navbar, it can also tell that he didn't check those features at all.

I decided to migrate content and continue writing articles here:

http://mirrorsedgeseries.wikia.com

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • If custom user JS subpages are ever made editable again, update signature with {{ subst:#ifeq: {{ns:2}} | ユーザー || [[wikipedia:Help:IJP|?]] }}

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hey so if you're adding Big wikis to the Top 12, one of the ones I mainly visit called Fantendo has 28,155 Content Pages.

Loading editor
    • View all 5 replies
    • Dinoguy1000 wrote:
      Don't worry too much about it; it's not a problem. =)

In the meantime, do you have a suggestion for a blurb? It should incorporate the (approximate) article count and should be around the same length as the other blurbs on the page. I might be able to come up with something myself, but if I have to it will likely be rather uninspired; I'm not too good at creative writing.

As it turns out I did a check on the wikis, Fantendo and several wikis shouldn't be in that Top 26, it's in the talk page for Big Wikis.

Loading editor
    • I've replied there.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
See archived talk page
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.