Status: Offline Edit
What time is it where I live, and can I do stuff now? Edit
I'm also currently working on the Cat Lady Wiki since I want to try and build a wiki from the ground up, since I never did that before. Good luck to me!
|Ask Staff||Report to VSTF||Seek help||Meta wikis||Other useful pages|
Who are you?
I'm a FANDOM user who is willing to help when no one else will when they are free from academia for a short bit before being thrown back in. Completing unfinished tasks is an enjoyable hobby of mine, and talking with other wiki users about what's going on is always an enjoyable thing.
What do you do on FANDOM?
There are various things I can do that I want to do. If it's assistance, the task is under the condition that it cannot be completed without my help or if it goes against the list below. For basic things, I'm a decent person to talk to and am willing to help out when I can. Hopefully, we can develop a chemistry that benefits the both of us!
I would like to see this list you mentioned.
- Write English beyond a native level, with the correct grammar, spelling, structure, and tone you would expect on an encyclopedic project.
- Serve as a mediator and pseudo-detective to resolve wiki disputes.
- Serve as a person to talk to regarding social or other internal problems (on the condition that you promise to improve and accept help, that I am not a professional, and to accept redirections to more appropriate or professional help).
- Work for long periods to standardize wikis according to a style guide or other instructions (outside March-June and August-November or days I want to have me-time on)
- Be trustworthy enough to be a temporary moderator, so long as my presence is required to do something the requester is incapable of currently, to prevent bad users from achieving power first. or other reasons.
- Serve as a guardian against article vandalism among other areas where right-less users have access, so long as my presence is required so you can have time to adopt a wiki, are on vacation and no one else is appropriate enough for admin, or if you already know Help:VSTF and Help:CVN among other reasons.
- Help if there are other resources or people available specifically to help you and you have the knowledge to request from them properly. An example is translating pages, which can be directed to the Language Brigade.
- Guarantee my efforts will be satisfactory. A lack of proper instructions will prompt me to use the instructions in my head, and communication + chemistry is not guaranteed to suit both of us. Like every item listed here, I will do what's reasonably best.
- Guarantee I will even complete a task. I normally have a good reason for stopping, but since it is voluntary, I can choose to stop halfway for any or no reason.
- Not take any tasks if there are too many on queue or ongoing. Since this is my first time doing something like this, the limit is 1.
- Be a personal assistant. I'm available to everyone.
- Most importantly, I cannot guarantee I won't go against you. This is more specific to the mediator role mentioned above, where you might expect me to support you all the way in a dispute.
Possible in the future
- Be decent at drawing with my new equipment, consisting of a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Pen. I could then help with images or videos as my equipment cannot possibly lag to death.
- Be decent at creating original technical code. no guarantees, though, as I don't have current plans for such.
- Be available for a consistent amount of time once my life is settled properly after surviving the transition to adulthood and work.
How did you get to FANDOM?
My first wiki is on Battle Cats. I joined on April 5, 2013, but as my userpage explains, I could have existed since November 24, 2012. I have visited wikis before for information on how to beat certain enemies. Battle Cats was no exception, as I could not for the life of me figure out how to beat Teacher Bun Bun! Unfortunately, the wiki didn't exist yet. I could have created it, but I was scared of the responsibility.
The first proper wiki I have done a lot of contributions on is the Undertale Wiki. I got the passion for continuing because I was capable of solving its early-day mysteries, such as what face Asgore Dreemurr is making in his battle. Since then, I would interact with the wiki to share my knowledge after 100% the game (like checking every corner to see secrets). This began my rise to become the person I am today.
How is FANDOM for you now?
I continue to respect this place as a nurturing ground for people looking to be more academically capable in life. By learning how to write proper articles on topics you love, read newspapers to confirm theories for your trivia points, and the chance to serve as a leader of the people with the same passions as you, I believe Wikia has done an amazing thing to unite so many people to combine their knowledge and present it to the rest of the world.
My second complaint is how the advertisements function or users who are logged out. This homepage incident is unfortunate enough, but the wiki background can sometimes be overwritten by an advertisement, making the wiki theme pointless to have. Fixing this would be splendid to see to make sure that inconveniences don't obstruct the pursuit for knowledge.
What are your hobbies and interests other than FANDOM stuff?
One hobby is observing the YouTube community, specifically the drama. It might help with editing the YouTube Wiki and combating 'rage' vandalism.
My second hobby is to find out the best way to save money. I am incredibly cheap and will only purchase beyond necessities if it will be an excellent long-term investment or if the product deserves my support. The best products to support me in doing this is Reddit and YouTube.
My third hobby is gaming. My equipment has become out of date, so much so that I cannot game properly outside of mobile games anymore. However, I intend to change this with the purchase of a Surface Book 2 which already has an Nvidia GTX 1060. Once this is achieved, I can play the things I wish I could have such as Hollow Knight. Better yet, since I have a CheatHappens subscription, I can do cheats that reveal "what-if" scenarios. What happens if you kill a seemingly unkillable boss or enemy? I can answer stuff like that.
My fourth hobby is watching plenty of anime. Anime combines two of my favourite things: scientific exploitation and saving money. Crunchyroll has an extensive library that has the latest episodes free after one week, so it checks Money out of the equation unlike TV stations like Cartoon Network. I also don't like real-life shows and prefer stuff like Pixar. Most importantly, the shows always have a consistent schedule unlike, say, Steven Universe.
What do you want to become when you grow up?
I'm not sure. I have dreams to accomplish, but I don't like the methods of getting there. I am currently studying Psychology and Criminology, however, so that might help with work prospects. It helps with FANDOM a lot, though, because it's important to maintain a healthy and supportive community, especially if the support is actually done right. Same goes with identifying better and more likely reasons why people do bad things, such as vandalism (possible case of Edgework, for example).
I also have a passion for critiquing TV and movie media, meaning I could become a pop-culture critic. It's hard to explain, but it's fun for me to identify and imagine ways to improve a character or execute a scene better. This interests sparked from the famous Abridged series on YouTube, a popular example being Dragon Ball Z: Abridged.
Another interest similar to the above is listening to voice acting, meaning I could become something like a sound critic. With voice acting in particular, I have noticed a few trends in which I am surprised even persist. One is how every character seems to speak perfectly without error. That is unrealistic. I compare my conversations with people with those on TV shows, and it's nothing like that. Among other factors, I would like to see how TV can better portray occurrences in a realistic, enthusiastic, and engaging way. That's just my opinion, though.
Any final comments?
Thanks for reading. I appreciate you knowing me better in a general sense. For further messages, leave a message here or perhaps contact me on Discord with this ID: #7501