FANDOM

(Difference between revisions)
(Reverting: Comment)
(RE: Revert: new section)
Line 885: Line 885:

[http://community.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Michaeldsuarez&curid=132666&diff=525346&oldid=525343] Ok. I revert because the user remove messages here. Moreover the talks owner (Michaeldsuarez) said ''that not censor his talk''. 14:13, June 1, 2010 (UTC) {{User:Andres bonilla 196/sig}}

[http://community.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Michaeldsuarez&curid=132666&diff=525346&oldid=525343] Ok. I revert because the user remove messages here. Moreover the talks owner (Michaeldsuarez) said ''that not censor his talk''. 14:13, June 1, 2010 (UTC) {{User:Andres bonilla 196/sig}}

::I think that I revert 'cause my first impression is ''a vandal edit'', away. Next time I'll consult if is a ''vandal edit''. 15:10, June 1, 2010 (UTC) {{User:Andres bonilla 196/sig}}

::I think that I revert 'cause my first impression is ''a vandal edit'', away. Next time I'll consult if is a ''vandal edit''. 15:10, June 1, 2010 (UTC) {{User:Andres bonilla 196/sig}}
  +
  +
== RE: Revert ==
  +
  +
Alright. Can you please tell [[User:SynchPedro86]] to move the dispute elsewhere? I doubt that he would respect my opinion. --'''[[User:Michaeldsuarez|Michaeldsuarez]] <sup>([[User talk:Michaeldsuarez|Talk]]) ([[Special:Contributions/Michaeldsuarez|Deeds]])</sup>''' 15:23, June 1, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 15:23, June 1, 2010

You blocked an anonymous user on The Vault?

Hi! I'm an admin over at The Vault, and I notice you recently showed up to ban an anonymous user from our site. I wonder what your reasons are, since I see nothing in his contribution list that warrants it. Thanks.--Gothemasticator 07:58, January 2, 2010 (UTC)

Hey there! Did you check his deleted contributions? --CharitwoTalk 15:48, January 2, 2010 (UTC)
I figured I was missing something. Thanks for the info.--Gothemasticator 02:45, January 3, 2010 (UTC)

Checkuser

Hi there, I'm an administrator on the Cyber Nations Wiki. I was wondering if you had checkuser privileges, and if I could make a request to obtain the IP address of a user to determine if it is the same as another anonymous user. Please contact me with your response, ~ Michael von Preußen (voicemail)

Hi there. The Spam taskforce doesn't have the ability to checkuser. You'll have to contact Wikia with that request. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :) --CharitwoTalk 05:09, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the prompt response, but the issue was resolved anyway. Thanks again, ~ Michael von Preußen (voicemail)

Sig

The sigX, is valid on All Wikia or, only in Central Wikia. Andres bonilla 196 21:40, January 3, 2010 (UTC)

Only here. You'd need to make your sig for each wiki. Take care to mind if the wiki's you edit at have policies for signatures. --CharitwoTalk 21:41, January 3, 2010 (UTC)

Bullying

boy you do not bully me again do you hear me? —This unsigned comment is by ScottRiggs66 (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Hi, Scott. If you look at little closer, I was the one removing the vandalism, not adding it. --CharitwoTalk 19:16, January 5, 2010 (UTC)

Why

a user can to be vstf? Andres bonilla 196 18:00, January 6, 2010 (UTC)

See Wikia:SpamTaskForce --CharitwoTalk 18:18, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
and, who choose a vstf? A staff's member? Andres bonilla 196 01:06, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Check out the bottom of the page at Wikia:SpamTaskForce#How_to_join_the_Spam_Task_Force, it explains how to volunteer. --CharitwoTalk 01:08, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
¿I'm going on the right way, or not? Andres bonilla 196 01:13, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
That's not really a question Charitwo can answer, it's more of a self-evaluating thing. Anybody can help get involved with the removal of cross-wiki spam via the IRC counter-vandalism channel. The best way to get noticed is to get involved and become a positive influence and asset. Joey (talk) 04:07, January 10, 2010 (UTC)

Also posted this on your talk page on CA wiki

It appears we're in need of your bot again on Combat Arms Wiki! Would you be able to reformat about... 75 pages... to correctly display a modified template? Template:Quote was changed from being formatted to display the attribution as you typed it, like this:

{{quote|blahblahblah
- Attribution}} 

to requiring the attribution to be typed in like this:

{{quote|blahblahblah|Attribution}} 

Thanks ahead of time. SeaCrane_1 21:59, January 8, 2010 (UTC)

Replied at talk page at CA. --CharitwoTalk 23:00, January 8, 2010 (UTC)

Blocked from my own wiki?

Care to explain why you've blocked me from editing my own wiki (http://online-teaching.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Online_teaching_dos_and_don%27ts_Wiki)?

Your stated reason was vandalism, but I've just reviewed the entire revision history, and I don't see any. What I see is a series of revisions by me, and one (18:56, January 9, 2010) by a friend whom I invited to comment. No spam, no vandalism.

Even if there had been vandalism, why block ME?

This is my first experience with Wikia, and looks like being my last. How would you feel if you created a wiki and four days later found yourself locked out of your own wiki by some meddling stranger? At the very least I'd like to hear your reasons for doing so.

Andy Baird Andybaird 01:04, January 10, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Andy. Can you please e-mail me the entire blocked message you receive as this is not a local block. --CharitwoTalk 01:06, January 10, 2010 (UTC)

User: Scott Rankin

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User:Scott_Rankin It's a giant ad for some web hosting company.
 λ
T 16:06, January 12, 2010 (UTC)
Sorted, thank you. You can also mark those with {{delete|spam}} and someone will likely notice it quicker. --CharitwoTalk 16:15, January 12, 2010 (UTC)

Bot

Hello, sorry to bother you (if you're too busy, don't answer). I wanted to ask you some things about bots (just curious). Here goes:

1. Can any account be given a "bot flag"?
  2. Can you do automatic changes without a bot flag?
  3. Can a sysop at a wiki give a bot flag, or is it just the Wikia Community Team?
  4. If you have a bot, how do you make it edit automatically? (just a simple explanation, if it's too complicated, don't worry about it)

I know it might be a lot of questions, so take your time. But please, answer in my talk page, so I can see when you've answered if I'm in another wiki. Thanks, --Just Me 19:33, January 18, 2010 (UTC)

1. Yes, providing they have community approval to be flagged as one.
  2. If you have a bot framework, such as AutoWikiBrowser or Pywikipediabot framework.
  3. By default, only helpers and staff can grant bot flags. You request them via Special:Contact once you have community approval.
  4. See #2, those are the two most community used programs to edit things "Automatically".
Hope this helps!--CharitwoTalk 19:39, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, thanks a lot. Just one last thing: if I want see what it works like, which is easier to use (and to understand), AutoWikiBrowser or Pywikipediabot framework? --Just Me 14:47, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
Both have their uses, I use AWB on Windows and Pybot on linux (there's one for windows but I haven't used it). It's just a matter of what you want to do with it. I personally make ample use out of both, so if you have the resources, I definitely recommend getting both. --CharitwoTalk 17:06, January 20, 2010 (UTC)

Please help

I am looking at helping out a certain wiki (http://hyundai.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) but need help getting out vandalism. Can you help me? Thanks, GG 360

Hi! I've cleared out some spam dating back to April of last year, if I missed anything please let me know. You may also be interested in adoption of the wiki. --CharitwoTalk 15:42, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. I would like to help out the wiki and become admin so that I can refresh it. GG 360

Categories

Sorry for that. I saw them on page and I thought it was good if I did make them. I did mean it good. Please don't take this from the wrong side.--Station7 19:57, January 31, 2010 (UTC)

Nah, it's cool, just wanted to give you the heads up before you made too many of them. You can check out User_blog:KyleH/The_future_of_Central_Wikia for more info on the changes I mentioned. --CharitwoTalk 19:59, January 31, 2010 (UTC)

Malware-related Ads(?)

I realize that this isn't exactly the jurisdiction, but since you're from FFXIclopedia I'm starting here. Using Google Chrome to visit FFXIclopedia is returning a malware warning claiming that the page contains elements from 212.117.180.54 (link to the Safe Browsing page, not the page itself) which may host malware. Not all pages return this warning, and I assume that it's ads causing the problem because those which do not show it are userpages, edit pages, and other pages which do not have ads other than for other wikis. Typically I ignore Safe Browsing warnings as most of the time they're false and/or reference no real risks; even if they do have some substance, it's normally just one page that's infected and not the whole site. However, this one looks a little more interesting:

Of the 100 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-02-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-02-04. Malicious software includes 105 trojan(s), 102 exploit(s), 1 scripting exploit(s).
I haven't experienced this on any other wiki and obviously I'm not going to personally test to see if there's any real malware associated with the "infected elements." I'm not sure what qualifies as "consent" to Google's bots, so if you have to download something from the site then there's no real problem and you might wish to contact Google to have these warnings removed from Wikia wikis. However, whether the elements embedded in FFXIclopedia are directly related to malware or not, I don't know if it's a good idea to keep ads for or provided by this site. Just some thoughts, «Nuilvian Talk/Contribs» 02:45, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

So sorry

You just caught me a I just finished my last ever edit (its perfect now). Just out of curiosity, what else is there to do?--SGCommand 15:47, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

There are over 75000 wikis to work on! Such as the StarGate wiki. --CharitwoTalk 16:01, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Erm, I'm removed as admin on here and I have contributed pics for Doctor Who. I have to wait for the new look Wikia to see what edits I can make. Any chance that after a few edits, I can have my user contents back please?--SGCommand 14:09, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
You've never been an admin here. Your userpage is still preserved in the history, however the giant list I removed is out of scope of the user page policy. As far as I know, the new look and the moving is complete, minus a couple bugs that need to be ironed out and the ongoing maintenance here on central. --CharitwoTalk 15:15, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Central Wikia or not central wikia ?

• Central wikia doit recenser tous les wikias sans en escamoté aucun!
  • Il ne faudrait au moins pas supprimé les anglais! ni les français d'ailleurs! Wikisoft* @@@-fr 16:03, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Toutes les pages de description sont supprimés, désolé. S'il vous plaît voir User_blog:KyleH/The_future_of_Central_Wikia. --CharitwoTalk 16:09, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
  • NON C4EST FAUX § STAR WARS ~ET BIEN D AUTRES NE SONT PAS SUPPRIMEE §§§

RETABLISSER EXECUTION §§§§ ~~

µET CELLES CI ELLES NE SONT PAS SUPPRIMEES NON PLUS/

Ils sont en train d'être supprimé, s'il vous plaît cesser de crier et de ne pas harceler moi. Merci.

Help again

I have found a site that needs heavy deletion. All of them I have tagged. [ http://dogs.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:GameGear360]. Thanks, GG360

Done. --CharitwoTalk 15:41, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

Mass removal of blue box pages

Hello the Marapets page was deleted recently had all the Wikia's Marapets related wikis. Unfortunately searching for Marapets does not give such outstanding results in Wikia gaming (all results point to Marapedia which is abandoned, meanwhile my wiki the Maradan Chronicles doesn't show up). May I please have the code in the history for my wiki? I can't look into the history of the page at all to retrieve it. I'd appreciate it. Or better yet, if there is a way you can move that whole page to my wiki the Maradan Chronicles with the title "Marapets Wikis" that would be awesome. Thanks! --Molokaicreeper 04:04, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Please see User blog:KyleH/The future of Central Wikia for why these are being deleted. You can get the text of the page here but please don't use it here at central as those templates are going away once the categories have been unpopulated. --CharitwoTalk 04:10, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks so much, I will transfer to my wiki and also the templates needed for that too, I have plans for it in the future as now more users are making edits in the Marapets wikis that were abandoned since I've invited many people to help out! :) Molokaicreeper 04:14, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
You're welcome. Happy to help! --CharitwoTalk 04:15, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Accidental hub deletion

Hey Charitwo. Three hub pages were accidentally deleted in the blue box removal. They are Hub:Creative, Hub:Fictional wiki nations, and Hub:Science. If you could restore them, that would be great. Thanks! Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 06:14, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks. Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 06:20, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
You're welcome. Those pages may have to be re-done to avoid the use of the wiki descriptions categorization. --CharitwoTalk 06:22, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

"mass removal of blue box pages"

I'm the administrator for the Scripture Engagement page and just got a not that charibot deleted this page.

- Why?

- Can I restore it?

- How?

The notification mentions a deletion log, but I can't find it.

This page has been deleted. The deletion log for the page is provided below for reference.

• 09:14, February 8, 2010 Charibot (Talk | contribs) deleted "Scripture Engagement" ‎ (mass removal of blue box pages)

Molare-wk 12:56, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi! Please see User blog:KyleH/The future of Central Wikia for why these are being deleted. If you would like, I will be glad to give you a copy of the text from the deleted page, but you cannot use it here at central. --CharitwoTalk 12:58, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hi! Yes, I would be very thankful for a copy of the text of the deleted page. What about all the sub-pages that linked to the main Scripture Engagement page? Can you get me a copy of their latest versions, too? Molare-wk 02:35, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
Here's a copy of Scripture Engagement. I couldn't find any subpages of it, can you link to their delete log entry? --CharitwoTalk 02:49, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. Apparently the other pages were not deleted, just the page on Central Wikia. I found them still around. Molare-wk 10:06, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Somewhere

Is there somewhere Template:Brclear? I want to edit my page, but it don't work? Could you fix it?--Station7 15:28, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Seems to be a handful of wikis with this template, I've grabbed one at random for you. Hope this works! --CharitwoTalk 15:31, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
But there is no page! How do you think it work?--Station7 15:37, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
You need to copy the template from that wiki and create it here. Then put in on your userpage like this:
{{Brclear}}
--CharitwoTalk 15:50, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks, I thought it was bclear with a little b.--Station7 16:18, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
It's still a mess, could you help me?--Station7 16:24, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
You never copied the contents of the template over from the one wiki, I've done that for you. --CharitwoTalk 16:32, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, I thought I had to use it different, but still thanks.--Station7 17:51, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
You're welcome. --CharitwoTalk 18:12, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Edit toolbar

Can you tell me please what MediaWiki access the editing bar, on a project I want to take it, thank you! Misterr Talk 20:18, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

You don't need MediaWiki access to modify your edit toolbar. If you take a look at Help:Custom edit buttons, you can add your own buttons across all of Wikia. --CharitwoTalk 20:50, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Mass removal of pages

There's a few more on Category:Disambiguation pages. Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 06:44, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, thanks! If you notice anything else, can you please stick them in a sub-category to the deletion category (e.g. something like Category:Blue box cleanup), so as to differentiate between pages needing looked at by local admins and pages needing looked at by the cleanup crew. --CharitwoTalk 06:54, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
Sure. Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 07:10, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

PROBLEME GRAVE

• Arrêter de supprimer des pages et des catégories, le serveur ne trouvant plus les pages disparues reporte les connexions vers le moteur de recherche, et ça bouchonne et finit par bloquer tous comme cela et arriver hier soir.
  • Cela laisse aussi un nombre considérable de liens rouge dispersés un peu partout, pour que le moteur de recherche trouve ce que l'on cherche il faut qu'il y ai des données si vous les supprimés comment voulez vous que ça marche, et wikia n'est pas google, et même sur google il y a des répertoires avec les donnés sur les sites. C'est pas bien de supprimés le travail que d'autres on eu du mal à faire pendant des années, ça décourage et ça insite a tous laisser en panne. Toutefois si il y a des pages a suprimmés il ne faut pas les laissés en rouge il faut faire des redirections ça débouchonnera les connexions vers le moteur de recherche, même chose pour les catégories, moi je suis arriver a dire qu'il ne faut jamais supprimes une page mais toujours la modifier pour l'améliorer, la renommer, ou la rediriger, parce que vous irez aprés rechercher chaque lien rouge dans toutes les pages de tous les wiki, et sur wikia il y en a un paquet, je vous dit c'est plus normal de renommer et de rediriger que de supprimer ça ne bloquera plus, ni informatiquement, ni moralement vis à vis des utilisateurs.
  • Wikisoft* @@@-fr 09:32, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Bonjour,
Merci d'avoir contacté le staff wikia mais pour l'instant, personne ne peut comprendre le français et donc vous répondre rapidement. Si vous ne pouvez pas les contacter directement en anglais, vous pouvez passer éventuellement par moi mais la réponse sera naturellement plus longue à vous revenir.
A propos de votre message, sachez que ces récentes suppressions de pages sont coordinées avec le staff Wikia. Toutefois votre message leur a été transmis et ils vont certainement trouver un moyen pour que cela puisse mieux se passer.
Cywil 13:38, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Emergency restoration required

A fast restoration is required - the bot's deleted Community Central. Thanks, Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 12:46, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hmmm, bot failure begets bot failure. Done. --CharitwoTalk 13:06, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

ALL Wikias

since your deleting wikias where are you going to put them and how will they find them? --Andrew Schlieffen Executive Administrator of Modern Wikia and Valkyrie Movie Wikia 16:24, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi! I'm not deleting wikis, I'm deleting the description pages. Please see User blog:KyleH/The future of Central Wikia for details. --CharitwoTalk 16:28, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

You might see me a lot

All but 7 pages are either not related or vandalism on [1]. I don't want to adopt this wiki, just help move vandalism. 21:02, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, I've deleted those pages. When you're marking stuff for deletion, it's best to use something like a {{delete}} template instead of just blanking the page. --CharitwoTalk 22:33, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Public account?

[http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Animacion_servicios_educativos ; I believe this is a public account should not be blocked? Thanks.  Ervin [talk] 15:58, February 15, 2010 (UTC)

It's not doing anything, it's just a registration. Leave it be. --CharitwoTalk 16:00, February 15, 2010 (UTC)

Protection

Could you give Forum:PhpBB3 an autoconfirmed protection? It's been hit with spam five times in the last six days. Thanks. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 18:18, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

That's like due to the title, bots aren't very smart and think they're spamming a real phpBB forum. Also done. --CharitwoTalk 18:20, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Bot

Hi! Make please my bot into bot. Thanks.  Ervin [talk] 18:50, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

No, I can't sorry. And Community Central does not need anymore bots. Thanks and please do not leave me anymore messages about this request. The answer is no. --CharitwoTalk 18:57, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
No community center, but here http://bucuresti.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Schimb%C4%83ri_recente Thanks. -- Ervin [talk] 19:01, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
In that case, you need to Contact Wikia. Thanks --CharitwoTalk 19:06, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
You can not? -- Ervin [talk] 19:09, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
No, I can't. Only Wikia staff can do that. --CharitwoTalk 19:15, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
OK, sorry.  Ervin [talk] 19:16, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Sorry

Won't happen again--SGCommand 12:01, February 17, 2010 (UTC)

Rollback

Hi! I request rollback status here, I have 104 contributions, and I know this job good. Erwin(mesaje|contribuţii) 17:44, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

I don't have the ability to do that and if I could, rollback isn't granted on Central Wikia, sorry. --CharitwoTalk 17:48, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, can I propose? 17:54, February 20, 2010 (UTC)Erwin(mesaje|contribuţii)
Special:Contact --CharitwoTalk 17:55, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help with reviews.wikia.com - always nice to have a helping hand! Gil 00:37, February 21, 2010 (UTC)

You're welcome. --CharitwoTalk 00:39, February 21, 2010 (UTC)

RE:Community Central

Is a week also alright? Until Sunday? --Station7 15:57, February 23, 2010 (UTC)

I suppose, just keep in mind that information is dynamic, Wookieepedia could change to something like Recipes or Warcraft. Or it could be a completely new statistic entirely. Just saying that editing it every single day everytime a few new articles are made is pretty silly. --CharitwoTalk 16:29, February 23, 2010 (UTC)

I agree with you.--Station7 22:27, February 23, 2010 (UTC)

Images

I'm trying to do the same as User:Balistic Pve. He has also many pictures on his user page and I want that to. I just want to have the same thing as he, but then in my style.--Station7 21:01, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

Yes, but those are external images from other wikis, not uploaded ones. --CharitwoTalk 21:17, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
How could I do the same as he? I want that to.--Station7 23:25, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
By using the external image url, like this: Button_user.png --CharitwoTalk 00:58, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
Where can I find this image thing? The thing you just showed me.--Station7 21:41, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
You right-click on the image and choose to copy the image location (e.g. the image url) --CharitwoTalk 22:30, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
So if have to lick on Copy. And then? Or could you help me with it in some way?--Station7 22:50, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
After you copy, you paste the url on your page. --CharitwoTalk 22:51, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
I copied it, but I didn't find the image. What now?--Station7 23:01, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
I did what you said.--Station7 23:01, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
This is what I meant, you can do that for nearly any wiki's logo. --CharitwoTalk 23:26, February 27, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks. Maybe I asking to much, but how could I get under the pictures, thing like Admin, bureaucat or Rollback?--Station7 23:44, February 27, 2010 (UTC)

Sorry, I will doing that. But could you fix on my userpage the pictures, so that I have beneath the pictures: Admin, Bureaucrat of Rollback? I will take my time.--Station7 21:09, February 28, 2010 (UTC)

Hero

Yeah I wish to volunteer for the Spam Task Force aka the VSTF. I heard that I may be able to volunteer for a 3 month trial. I wish to help fight Vandals. —This unsigned comment is by Noname the hero (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~! --CharitwoTalk 00:23, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

As the help page states, the only way to get into the VSTF is to be involved. Wikia's community team will invite people who meet the criteria under the "How to join the Spam Task Force" section. --CharitwoTalk 00:26, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

So you guys look across wikis to find people best suited for the job, I see. May fate see us meet another day. 01:09, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

Im sorry but I dont understand the whole IRC channel stuff.-- 23:27, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

This could help you understand the IRC channel stuff. Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 23:31, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

Remove me the bot flag

Hi, I need that you remove me the bot flag on w:c:dialgapoke. Please, Andres bonilla 196 14:29, March 7, 2010 (UTC)

I can't do that. I'm not a part of Wikia's staff. You'll need to contact Wikia and to have it removed. --CharitwoTalk 14:59, March 7, 2010 (UTC)

Deletion

Thank you, the Destroy all humans wiki has a slew a articles to be deleted. Thank you again for your help. 00:51, March 9, 2010 (UTC)

P.S they are already marked up. 00:52, March 9, 2010 (UTC)

Battlefield Wikia

I know what you're saying, but it's for the good of the wikia.

There is nobody there to counter vandalism during most hours, and right now, there's an article entitled Poop. This just shows that the wikia needs another active sysop.

-- User:EightOhEight

Be that as it may, if the wiki has an active bureaucrat, Wikia's staff will not perform an adoption. Your only option here is to contact the bureaucrat directly and ask for admin rights. And btw the vandalism page was deleted a few hours ago. --CharitwoTalk 00:00, March 10, 2010 (UTC)

Nerf Wikia

I noticed you put up a page on the Nerf Wikia about all the spam/"Advertising" fictional squads. I just wanted to say thank you, however there is an issue that needs to be resolved, a user on that wikia keeps on whining when I mark his pages for deletion, mostly about fictional nerf guns, then there was the fictional squad...which got me really ticked. I'm assuming it's a 5 year old (my apologies for making assumptions) considering his horrible grammar. Every time I mark a page, he takes off the mark, I re-mark, he takes it off. I think he should be blocked from the wikia. I have already made an adoption request due to the fact that the wikia needs a MAJOR overhaul due to the fictional guns and fictional squads on there, the wikia has 107 articles, unfortunately, I can almost guarantee that the majority of the articles are fiction. If people wanna whine when their fictional stuff gets marked, they don't deserve to be on that wikia, we, or I (As it seems I'm the only one who cares) are/am there to give info on REAL guns and accessories, not advertise fiction.

I apologize for the long post. I also apologize for leaving a post without being logged in, my username is Shieldel

Hello. I didn't create any new pages on that wiki, I was just stopping by cleaning up some users disrupting the wiki a few months ago. Good luck with your adoption! --CharitwoTalk 05:54, March 10, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks

Lol. You're too fast for me. Thanks. ;-) — TulipVorlax 05:20, March 12, 2010 (UTC)

You're welcome! --CharitwoTalk 05:21, March 12, 2010 (UTC)

Bot request.

Hello, I'm from the Gaiapedia. First, thanks for handling the spam that happened. And I also wanted to know if your bot could be used to move articles from one category to another. I am a bit confused as to how they work or how to get the current bot on the wiki I edit, to do what I want it to. Bunai82 22:54, March 14, 2010 (UTC)

Certainly, just let me know which category(ies) need moved to which category and I'll be glad to help. --CharitwoTalk 22:55, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. Is there a certain limit to the requests? It is rather large. I wanted to move the articles from the w:c:gaia:Category:Gaia_World to this category w:c:gaia:Category:Locations. Bunai82 00:42, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
There's no limit to the amount persay, just I'll work on it as I have the time. --CharitwoTalk 00:57, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
First category is done. Can you list subsequent categories and such on my local talk page? To avoid cluttering central :) --CharitwoTalk 01:10, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks again . When I clicked the link for bot request, I was lead here. ^_^;; But I will use the Pedia talk page next time. Bunai82 10:02, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Dragon Ball Wiki

Why do you delete the article about dragon ball wikias?? (sorry i dont speak very well english)--Danke 7 en dragon ball 18:34, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Hi there! Are you referring to this deletion or a similar one here on central? If so, it is in compliance with this blog by Wikia. If you're referring to another wiki, can you please link me to it? Thanks :) --CharitwoTalk 21:22, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Block

WHY DID YOU BLOCK ME???????? User:Gengarblood3

Also I didn't you weren't supposed to copyright from BP.

Please provide your contributions page on the wiki in question. And you can't copy from anywhere in which the licenses do not match and without attribution. --CharitwoTalk 17:35, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
Can you please unblock me. I promise I won'y copyright from Bulbapedia again. User:Gengarblood3
I've lifted the block. Please edit responsibly. --CharitwoTalk 21:46, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

RE: Edits

My bad sry abt tht i didnt know abt it AmyPinkRose March 18, 2010 11:53

Congratulations

Congrats on becoming an admin - finally! :) It happened so quickly that I didn't get a chance to vote... The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:41, March 19, 2010 (UTC)

Staff

Hey Charitwo can anybody be a staff ??? if you want can u replay on Here -verrell123 Talk

If you're referring to Wikia staff, they're employees of Wikia . The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:39, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

Template:List of Wikia header

• Pourquoi diable avez vous detruit ce modele pourtant trés pratique comment on va lister les wikias maintenant ? Wikisoft* @@@-fr 13:14, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

Wat up to? AmyPinkRose March 22, 2010 12:51

Excuse me...

But could you protect my user page here? It's being vandalized by IPs. Thanks, Abce2|DO NOT USE! 21:49, March 23, 2010 (UTC)

Hello. I've temporarily protected it. The two IPs appear to be the same person, and have also been blocked for following you around. --CharitwoTalk 21:54, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. Abce2|DO NOT USE! 22:17, March 23, 2010 (UTC)

Judgement call and possible block please

Hi there, apologies for picking on you individually.

TrainaStudios.com 03:33, 23 March 2010

I want to know more about Wiki and its role in web development. I would also like to know of its' limitations. What language is it primarily? Who has the ball, what are the rules. Is there a golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules. To understand the special purpose of this Wiki thing, leave me a comment. Thank you.

Dewight Traina Traina Studios Incorportated Wichita Kansas 67235

Both the username and the last line in that blog comment make me suspect spam / advertisement orientated intentions and not a legitimate contributor. You're better at this kinda thing than I am, so if you don't mind I'll ask you to deal with it.

Cheers. A F K sig 2 A F K When Needed 19:21, March 24, 2010 (UTC)

RE: Edit summaries

I understand it. I hate vandalism, that was my reason.--Station7 20:35, March 25, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks!!

Thanks for changing Wikianswers spelling! I appreciate it. --Liliana (my talk). 22:15, March 25, 2010 (UTC)

Re: Messages

I went to Contact before about adminship, back when Guy had been banned for a month for User harrasment (or sometime before then) and nothing happened. Like I said in the messages, someone has to put a stop to this guy and deal with him quickly and harshly. He isn't gonna stop until someone bigger than him puts their foot down.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 20:24, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

Messaging random staff members won't expedite your cause. It just causes confusion because you're leaving messages to people who don't deal with these types of inquiries. Something like this is best left in the hands of the Community Team, usually through Special:Contact, as all of the Community Team read and respond to messages sent there. --CharitwoTalk 20:27, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I didn't know that. I thought that all Staff dealt with all problems, like admins. I didn't know there were specialized groups for such issues. I merely messaged the staff members that I knew. An as I said before, I attempted to contact Staff members about the SFW before, and nothing happened. Someone really needs to deal with him and quickly, because the admins and crats on the SFW refuse to do anything other than just sit and watch. ...Do you think you could deal with him? I know this is sudden, but he doesn't seem to understand that an admin acts in the interests of the Users, not their own personal opinion on a matter. His harsh comments and uncensored cursing also get no excuse. He has been doing this pretty much as long as I've been on that wiki, and me and a lot of other Users are sick of it. So I beg you, do something about him. At the very least, revoke his adminship and give him a serious talking-to.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 20:38, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
I'm sorry, I can't do anything other than to offer you advice and/or direction, not action. My role as a volunteer at Wikia does not cover issues like this. If the other admins aren't of any help, then Special:Contact is your next option. Please have some patience until someone replies to you.
And yep, there are a handful of different teams at Wikia. There is the Community Team who deal directly with the community, the Content Team who works with local communities on beefing up their wikis content and design, the Product Team who helps plan and design the new features that you can only find here at Wikia, the advertising team, the technical team, etc... Everyone who is staff has their own role and projects and areas of responsibility that they focus on.
Hopefully you get a response soon, good luck. --CharitwoTalk 21:00, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Dangit! Then could you ask one of the people who deals with trolling/power abuse to handle this guy? It's getting worse every minute!--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 21:06, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry. Please Contact Staff again. --CharitwoTalk 21:08, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Oh alright! But could you somehow please get them to deal with it quickly once I contact them?--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 21:09, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
I'm sorry, no. It is not in my position to do so. Please contact only staff, I cannot help you with this beyond what I've already told you. --CharitwoTalk 21:11, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
(Sighs) Alright. I just hope someone makes sure to deal with him quickly.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 21:13, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

There's this guy on the Sonic Fanon Wiki, Guyviroth, who keeps harrassing Users. He's an admin, but none of the otehr admins did anything to stop him. I don't want to get the other admins in trouble for not doing anything about this guy, but can you PLEASE talk to him for us? He's getting out of control! --Shima the Hedgehog 23:15, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

What should I do

Hey there Charitwo. I'm already waiting more then a week on my adoption requests for the LOST Wikia (not Lostpedia) and Sarah Manley didn't react on Bluethunder213 who had report this to her. I thought that adoption requests were always 2 days waiting. So now is my question, what should I do? Do I need to report it to Contact them?--Station7 20:30, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

Hi there, we meet again. I put the request in for adminship at the Nazi Zombie wiki. I put it in ?? days ago and hasn't seen a reply. What should I do? Doc.Richtofen

As far as I know, there is no set schedule for adoption requests. The staff who work on them sort through them as they have time. They have other projects to which they are assigned so sometimes the adoption requests can get a little backlogged. The best thing to do is have a little patience and someone will respond to you. :) --CharitwoTalk 21:00, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

Signature

Is there any way I can get my signature onto here. I can't create an article to do so. 21:08, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

Help:Signature --CharitwoTalk 21:10, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

What I meant was I want my custom signature that I have for other wiki's. By the way, my username no longer shows up when I put four tildes. 21:59, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

Put this in the signature section of Special:Preferences:{{SUBST:#ifexist:whatever_page_has_your_signature|{{SUBST:whatever_page_has_your_signature}}|[[User:yourname|]] [[User_talk:yourname|(talk)]]}} You can customize past that as you want. Joey (talk) 23:26, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

Signature image

Hello, Charitwo! Martin signature.png was actually be used by Martinvs as his signature. Did Martin tag the image for deletion? If not, the image should be restored. Thanks –Fingernails (talk) 06:33, March 29, 2010 (UTC)

The image was marked for deletion because images are not to be used in signatures. --CharitwoTalk 06:35, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
Hello Charitwo. It would help me greatly if you explained this with more detail. Images in signatures are definitely "not allowed" in the whole Wikia site, or it is only here in Central? I ask because I've seen hundreds of users with images in their signatures. Is it possible that you point me to a set of rules that enforces this (for future use)? Thanks, I'll appreciate it. --Liliana (my talk). 07:08, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
Yes. A note should be added to Special:Preferences because "The signature uses the same wiki markup that a regular page does, including links" doesn't really sound like Wikia has any protest to using images in signatures. It's not fair to let users assume they can use images in their signatures. Fingernails (talk) 07:36, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
There is no unified Wikia policy on images in signatures, and many established wikis allow them, but there is an old policy on Central against them. In general, particularly if you edit on multiple wikis, it's safer to not use an image at all to avoid problems. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:24, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
As said, I cannot speak for other wikis, that would be up to it's administrators and community. The only personal image you can upload on Central is the one for use on your userpage. Also, Fingernails, the bit on your preferences affects your signature for all of Wikia (just like the rest of the options in preferences). I personally have an #ifexist in there to define whether I have a custom or stock signature on the wiki in question, which allows you to use a more "flashy" signature via a template on a wiki if it allows it. --CharitwoTalk 11:58, March 29, 2010 (UTC)

Okay. I've converted to markup (that looks best on a dark background, which is the design for the majority of wikis I edit), anyway. I'll be sure to tell my wiki friends ;) Fingernails 14:57, March 29, 2010 (UTC)

Is there anyway to make the page transclude without "subst"ing? Fingernails (talk) 15:01, March 31, 2010 (UTC)

ygo wikia

189.169.134.248 is messing things on yugioh wikia... Falzar FZ 08:12, April 2, 2010 (UTC)

nvm, PoirotH got him, after a while. Falzar FZ 08:24, April 2, 2010 (UTC)

RE:Upload reporting

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the fix, as it is quite an annoying little bug. Cheers, Chicken7 >talk 15:29, April 7, 2010 (UTC)

AWB Permissions

Could you please take a look at my request here. Thanks for your help. Quantum6 Send me a message 10:37, April 9, 2010 (UTC)

Done. --CharitwoTalk 10:39, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the quick response. Quantum6 Send me a message 10:46, April 9, 2010 (UTC)

Why you deleted my request? I have a bot, wich I use on my projects (MisterrBot). Misterr talk 11:48, April 9, 2010 (UTC)

I did not, I moved it to the bottom of the page where it belongs (new replies do not go on the top of the page), please read the reply there. --CharitwoTalk 11:56, April 9, 2010 (UTC)

Thank you!

Wow, I know see it's soooo simple to create pt.Doraemon. wow! Thank you very much! You rock!!!! --- яσdяιgσ x {TALK} | {BLOG} « 16:37, April 11, 2010 (UTC)

Glad I could help. --CharitwoTalk 16:46, April 11, 2010 (UTC)

SPAMTASKFORCE

I appreciate the help and all that you posted on the Help:SpamTaskForce talk page, but it is still ambiguous to me. It says that you have to be invited, right? But I thought it was a volunteer thing, and I'm volunteering.

Elisabeth Perry, Dowsiewuwu 03:35, April 12, 2010 (UTC)

You volunteer by becoming active and getting noticed. Reverting vandalism, reporting spam, etc... Go out there and get involved! --CharitwoTalk 03:38, April 12, 2010 (UTC)

Calling for help! I have issues with another user at Half Life Machinima Wiki, and it's about separating articles

Hello. An unregistered contributor made an article regarding me separating articles on that wiki, but the wiki has more than 70 articles. And how can you see if I'm doing is good or bad? Please look over the wiki and see for yourself. Cr0ssfirepwn3D 04:35, April 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, I deleted the attack page but it looks like you'll have to come to a compromise with Rallinale on your own, user-to-user disputes don't fall within the scope of VSTF. --CharitwoTalk 04:40, April 12, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. What's the VSTF, by the way? Cr0ssfirepwn3D 04:55, April 12, 2010 (UTC)
Help:SpamTaskForce --CharitwoTalk 04:56, April 12, 2010 (UTC)

YOU DIRTY DOG !!

You is teh adminz, why didn't u tell me.. i wanted to vote fer ya? !! :'(.--Cometstyles 06:39, April 15, 2010 (UTC)

You aren't active so I didn't know you were still around... --CharitwoTalk 10:23, April 15, 2010 (UTC)

Dinopedia

No, that was a different wiki altogether. I posted a link to my talk page on the wiki which I did found, and am a bureaucat on. This is another dinosaur wiki which has fallen inactive and I do not hold any rights there. If it helps I will change the links so they all lead to Dinopedia (the wiki I want to adopt)

Thank you, please consider giving me the adopting bureaucrat rights,

T-Rex 882

Hi, I see everything was taking care of by Wikia staff. Good luck! --CharitwoTalk 21:44, April 16, 2010 (UTC)

FI

Why was the 'FI' wiki deleted?

Did it violate wikia rules?

--Milpool 19:38, April 16, 2010 (UTC)

Nevermind, I just saw the explanation.

--Milpool 19:39, April 16, 2010 (UTC)

I'm not sure that I understand. Please explain this to me, and recover the content for us. --24.104.98.2 19:50, April 16, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, I don't have the ability to close or delete wikis, you'll have to contact Wikia staff in regards to closed or deleted wikis. --CharitwoTalk 21:43, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
The wiki was deleted by your bot as part of the "blue box" stuff. I don't know what exactly this designation means, but the page was actively being used by us. --74.212.42.2 22:44, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
You're referring to the "directory" (aka. Blue box) pages. They were all deleted as part of changes happening here on Community Central...with over 100,000 wikis, it is no longer feasible to maintain so many directory pages or a manageable list of wikis. These listings have been deprecated for cross-wiki search, which you can search for content on wikis via www.wikia.com. Sorry for any inconvenience! --CharitwoTalk 22:51, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
The page wasn't being used a directory, it was being used as a wiki page with a lot of content that has now been lost to us. Could you at least recover the content that was unexpectedly deleted, completely unannounced?--24.104.98.2 23:04, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
If you're referring to the page FI, yes, it was a blue box directory page...the text of which can be found here (the only contributor was the create wiki script). The actual wiki itself, is still located at http://pt-br.tecnologiadainformacao.wikia.com - the only edit ever made to that wiki was this image nearly 1 year ago. --CharitwoTalk 23:11, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
The page http://community.wikia.com/wiki/FI in question had a large amount of content and was still being edited up until the day before your bot deleted it. --74.212.42.2 23:16, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, no...you must be thinking of another page.
FI-deleted-history
--CharitwoTalk 23:21, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
Either you are in denial of what has happened or something has gone horribly, inexplicably wrong. Our forum was using that page and it was updated often. It was that very page. I came here to edit it today only to discover it was gone. --24.104.98.2 23:27, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
You're welcome to contact Wikia to have them confirm that page only had 1 revision and was never updated from its original and only version. --CharitwoTalk 23:29, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
After going through my history to confirm the url, I discovered the URL I gave you was one that our page was being Redirected to from the original url http://forums.wikia.com/wiki/FI Either way, our wiki is still inaccessible. Do you know what caused this?

--24.104.98.2 23:35, April 16, 2010 (UTC)

forums.wikia.com is just an alias for community.wikia.com, it's not actually a wiki. Whether it used to be a wiki, I have no way to tell (which might be why you think the wiki was deleted), in that case I will have to refer you back to my original advice of contacting Wikia as I don't have the ability to see, close, delete, redirect, or otherwise handle the status of Wikia wikis. --CharitwoTalk 23:38, April 16, 2010 (UTC)

InstantCommons

Hello Charitwo,

I adopted the OS-Wiki. Avatar has enabled us for the german Vereins-Wiki, the extension InstantCommons. Can you give me the unlock for the OS-Wiki? That would be very nice of you, thank you ;-)

Lady-Whistler - (Talk | Count) 06:03, April 17, 2010 (UTC)

You'll need to ask Wikia about that, I don't have the ability to enable extensions, good luck with your new wiki! --CharitwoTalk 06:05, April 17, 2010 (UTC)

DeviantArt Wikia is hosing attack articles

One contributor has been writing attack articles on the DeviantArt Wikia for the last few months. Still hasn't been flushed.

Links are at the bottom of his userpage: http://deviantart.wikia.com/wiki/User:TGcomix

- 88109162103 19:57, April 17, 2010 (UTC)

I'm going to have to defer this particular situation to Wikia staff. --CharitwoTalk 19:59, April 17, 2010 (UTC)

Block

Hi, you've blocked my IP address for deleting content. This is because the content is copied from another site (wiki.jpopstop.com). I informed the user who was copying that they needed to stop it or we would file a DMCA complaint. The user then began deleting the copied pages. I was just trying to lend this user a hand. Please unblock me IP. 156.110.222.22 21:19, April 19, 2010 (UTC)

If you have a copyright issue, please contact Wikia staff, as the admins of that wiki appear to be inactive. --CharitwoTalk 21:21, April 19, 2010 (UTC)

I am Duskullbone's brother and I am not a sockpuppet because I vandalized the Green (Manga) article and Duskullbone doesn't do that and I don't yell on this wikia. Also I am angry with Duskullbone because we share the same IP address. Can you please unblock our IP address so I can edit and keep Duskullbone blocked. User:Greenlover

it.sims.wikia.com

Hi Charitwo i´m Ignacio and i one of the 5 admins in the es.sims.wikia.com and i stared helping th it.sims.wikia . I would to can edit the MediaWiki:Monaco-sidebar , can you give me an adminstrador or other kind of user that can be able for edit MediaWiki:Monaco-sidebar? Sorry if the question I asked is inappropriate, my intentions are to help the it.sims.wikia. in es.sims.wikia i was a rollback and then i´m an administrator with 3873 editions.

I put this in the adoption place but they don´t give me an answer.

Thanks. --Nacho 17:18, April 22, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Ignacio! It looks like you followed Sarah's suggestion for adoption, so it shouldn't be too long before a member of the community team goes through the requests. They also have other duties and projects that tie them up, and because there are still so many things folks can do without admin rights, adoption requests are sometimes delayed until they have time to look at them...granted, yours is a special case since you're an administrator for one language wanting to edit the sidebar of another language which has no active administrators, so there shouldn't be an issue in getting admin rights there. Hopefully it will be looked at either today or tomorrow...if not I can see if I can nudge someone about your situation. Regards, --CharitwoTalk 18:14, April 22, 2010 (UTC)

VSTF

Hello Charitwo! Is there any way I can join the Spam Force? It seems so special, so, I was wondering what I have to do, to join. Archie 09:02, April 25, 2010 (UTC)

#SPAMTASKFORCE --CharitwoTalk 09:21, April 25, 2010 (UTC)

Kirby Wiki Sock?

Can you check the IPs of Eltario and Kiter27 on the Kirby Wiki? They seem to be sockpuppets. Gamefreak75

No match. --CharitwoTalk 17:26, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, thanks. Gamefreak75

Best Friend .

Hi

what up Doing are you ?

She's is names : Monique James

A Wikia War

Hello, Charitwo. You know me, Gamefreak75. Can you do me some favors? First off, can you check the I.P. address of User:StoobenRooben on the Mario Wikia. When you obtain it, can you do a wikia searchand see if there is any match to a user that has an account. Lastly, can you personally give me the I.P. address via email or my Kirby Wikia/ Pikmin Wikia talk page. I greatly appreciate it. --Gamefreak75

Hi. Checkusers or cross-wiki lookups are not done for frivolous or non-vandalism/spam related purposes, furthermore the results of which are not provided if the requester is not an admin of the wiki(s) in question. Sorry. --CharitwoTalk 00:41, April 30, 2010 (UTC)
Oh okay, so if an administrator over at Mario Wikia tells you about this, then you will check him. Also, it was vandalism, the user threatened to shut us down or vandalize every video-gaming wikia and he was also impersonating another user. --User:Gamefreak75

Blog posts/comments

Hey Charitwo, I was wondering if there's any way to remove blog posts/comments from the recent changes. Comments themselves take up two lines each, and when the subject of ongoing discussion, take up a lot of space. I've tried choosing "Blog" and "Blog talk" and then checking "Exclude namespace" in the recent changes, but that doesn't remove them. If there's any solution to this problem, I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks! —Baltro [ talk · edits ] 04:50, May 2, 2010 (UTC)

I'm unsure if there is such an option other than disabling the feature entirely. I believe that is the case for both types of blog extensions floating around here (one of which is default and the other is only enabled at particular wikis). You can try sending a message to Wikia asking if the display of comments in recent changes can be suppressed but I don't think they can as comments are coded as a "new page". Worth a shot though. --CharitwoTalk 05:09, May 2, 2010 (UTC)

Johnny Test

I am the main admin for the Johnny Test wiki, and we have been victims of spam by a few users, could you please make sure that the information on the pages stay on topic? --YoshiPerson

It seems to be at a management level for local admins ( such as yourself) now, if one of us notices vandalism or spam we will act on it, though. I have finished cleaning up after the Titus vandal...however the other guy you blocked was a fellow admin and didn't appear to be doing anything wrong except being protecting pages a lot. --CharitwoTalk 00:08, May 5, 2010 (UTC)

Video:Bloody Sunday

Hello Charitwo, why did you delete the video? SVG 1stern.gif (Hilfe-Team) 14:24, May 5, 2010 (UTC)

It was marked for deletion, uncontested as irrelevant to this wiki. --CharitwoTalk 15:43, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
I had used the video on Template:User:SVG and this template will be involved in many Wikis. This video is not irrelevant. SVG 1stern.gif (Hilfe-Team) 15:50, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
We don't need to be embedding videos in crosswiki templates. --CharitwoTalk 15:53, May 5, 2010 (UTC)

Languages

Hi. You deleted (sorry, forgot to check how long ago) the broken redirects for the languages page. Do you know what happened to the original page? - Bondpedia (Talk) 17:37, May 7, 2010 (UTC)

you'll need to provide a list of these redirects so I can check. --CharitwoTalk 17:45, May 7, 2010 (UTC)
  • Languages
  • Community Central:Languages
-Bondpedia (Talk) 19:40, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
It was deleted as part of the cleanup project going on here. --CharitwoTalk 19:43, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
OK, is there any equivilent page left? - Bondpedia (Talk) 19:53, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
homepage:Languages --CharitwoTalk 19:56, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
Cheers - Bondpedia (Talk) 20:01, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
Keep in mind that the focus of this wiki was split in two, pages like that were all moved to the newly redesigned www.wikia.com corporate site. The Community Central is all about finding support, discussing the wikis and with other communities. --CharitwoTalk 20:04, May 8, 2010 (UTC)

Peter Griffen Boy

Hi.

Blocked in #wikia and silenced in #wikia-social

And now if you wouldn't mind attending to here... some people never change.

Thanks for your time! A F K sig 2 A F K When Needed 20:34, May 8, 2010 (UTC)

Reverted. I'll keep an eye on him. --CharitwoTalk 20:54, May 8, 2010 (UTC)

Combine OverWiki

Hey you deleted an important page, "Half-Life: Blue Shift", on Combine OverWiki. It was a very old page that got vandalized, not a recently created one. You should have looked in Special:NewPages first. Thanks. Klow 08:36, May 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, Klow. Looking at the history that appears to be a mistake, I'm not sure what happened to have it deleted mere seconds after it was reverted but it appears to be fixed now. Sorry for the mishap! --CharitwoTalk 18:47, May 9, 2010 (UTC)

Dustloop

Why did you revert the last edits on the Dustloop wikia? Takoto was labeling the vadalism done by the PEREZ vandal as articles needing to be deleted. Perez is the vandal and he keeps making articles that don't pertain to Dustloop Wikia. Judge Balthier 20:58, May 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, I've sorted this issue and blocked the user, thanks for bringing it to my attention. --CharitwoTalk 21:05, May 9, 2010 (UTC)

http://theiceage.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_Age_Wiki

Unfortunately i could not find where to report wikis but the wiki mentioned above contains mature content (as far as i can tell unwarrantedly) and contains elements that are not related to the subject of the wiki. If this is not the place to report these kind of things, just redirect me to the proper area. Otherwise you might want to look into it. Tolas of Brand 18:54, May 10, 2010 (UTC)

Usually c:vstf:Report:Wiki but I've pinged a staffer about this, may want to post it there anyway. --CharitwoTalk 23:07, May 13, 2010 (UTC)

Deesesffsfrrsf23455

On the bioshock wiki, some guy named Deesesffsfrrsf23455 is really mad at you about something. He has not said what it is, but check he has 2 or 3 blogs about how mad he is at you. He keeps yelling at us, and tells us to "get you back on the air." He wants to talK yell at you about something, could you please talk to him about whatever it is that he is so mad about? Michael RyanTalk 22:57, May 13, 2010 (UTC)

No idea what you or he is talking about, sorry. --CharitwoTalk 23:03, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not certain... but I think the issue may have been that you banned the IP 166.82.245.89 for "Abusing multiple accounts" and did not make it an anon only block. I think that Deesesffsfrrsf23455 was caught in this block and was unable to edit for a month, and that is why he is angry.
I am curious about why you blocked 166.82.245.89, since the IP didn't have any edits on BioShock Wiki. Please let me know. ~Gardimuer ʈalk } 05:45, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
I understand your desire to 'stay out of local issues', but as an admin of BioShock Wiki I like to stay informed about the banning, vandalism, etc. within that community. I am a bit confused as to why you would delete the latest comments to this page but not reply to me. If Deesesffsfrrsf23455 is a sock puppet of 166.82.245.89 I would like to know, so I need to know why 166.82.245.89 was blocked. If you don't remember why (since it was a month ago after all) that's fine, but please reply to me. ~Gardimuer ʈalk } 09:56, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
You seem to not be accepting e-mails from other users, either set an e-mail or ping me on IRC. --CharitwoTalk 13:51, May 16, 2010 (UTC)

Jegaman

Please lock this guy's account at both http://teletubbies.wikia.com/wiki/ and globally because it's most likely a crosswiki vandal only account. I want it to stop! Also ban the user Meyjh (global, yes global) who vandalizes the disney wiki and the filmguide. (both need lots of housekeeping). PS thanks for deleting Charlotte's Web in the disney wiki that is what I am talking about here! Poff 21:30, May 16, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, I've cleaned up after this user. In the future, please remember it is wise not to provoke vandals as it only encourages them to act out further and continue getting a reaction out of you. --CharitwoTalk 21:40, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
OK. So is he globally locked? And Meyjh? Poff 21:44, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Meyjh took longer and was a little harder to clean up after, but both have been sorted properly. --CharitwoTalk 22:20, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
So how hard will the Disney wiki be? Please start with the Stacy's Big Movie article and image and the other image in the delete category, too horrible for me to even think about. Then do whichever ones you may wish, ie Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure. Poff 22:24, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
I deleted all but 3, those 3 are Disney related. --CharitwoTalk 23:05, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Which ones? Poff 23:12, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Jungle Book: Mowgli's Story, Mickey’s House of Villains, Midnight Madness --CharitwoTalk 23:14, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Are you sure? Only Mickey's House of Villains I know exists but since the title is spelling with the wrong apostrope and it's a big vandal target... Poff 23:17, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, I'm sure. If they're duplicates they can simply be directed to the already existing page. Please also stop using negative reactions in your edit summaries, it encourages vandals. --CharitwoTalk 23:23, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
However, I noticed there are still some left overs that were not tagged. This is because there are so many to cleanup that it's insane for me. Sorry about the edit summaries. Poff 23:25, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Can you clean the final 55 pages now please? Poff 20:01, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
It's now 58 pages, 7 categories, and one image. Please clean it now. The Don Bluth vandal is back in action! 68.220.187.244 21:31, May 17, 2010 (UTC)

On Final Fantasy wikia

You blocked Me From editing My user page Essence of Chaos 04:57, May 19, 2010 (UTC)

Likely unintentional crossfire. In regards to blocks, please remember to include the block ID, otherwise I can't look into your issue. Thanks :) --CharitwoTalk 04:58, May 19, 2010 (UTC)

SORRY

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT SPAM POST U SEE...

my cousin is 7 and hates this site so he sometimes tries to get on the computer to mess the site up well i was about to log in when it was time for dinner so i ate and when i come in hes on the computer so i log in and see something wrong he spammed hes grounded and i promise this wont happen again could u please let me post again if it happens again u can ban me

PLEASE THX -FLIP62899 Flip62899 01:25, May 25, 2010 (UTC)

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Please take care to avoid situations like that in the future so you don't get caught in the crossfire. --CharitwoTalk 18:14, May 26, 2010 (UTC)

Wikia Deletion

Hi, I'd like to request the deletion of the Need for Speed wiki Wiki, which is a duplicate of the far-complete nfs.wikia.com.

c:vstf:Report:Wiki --CharitwoTalk 02:38, May 25, 2010 (UTC)

RE: Back in time

Déjà vu! What's up with the recent spam anyway... Btw, are RegexBlocks avoidable with proxies? Mark (talk) 18:03, May 26, 2010 (UTC)

No idea, that's why we've added a couple to our task force recently ;) -- And if the proxy has a different IP than what we previously blocked, then yes. It's just a fancier blocking mechanism with regex features, if a spammer uses a different IP than what is blocked (either locally or globally) then we just have to spot it and correct it as needed. --CharitwoTalk 18:11, May 26, 2010 (UTC)

"I also do various bot-assisted tasks when communities request them, or where needed."

Allo there. Any chance the Indiana Jones Wiki could get a bot to convert all the old "[[Image:"s to "[[File:"s? Don't know bots even work that way but it's worth asking. Saves me switching them manually if and when I see them. ;) Vetinari(Appointment) 17:58, May 28, 2010 (UTC)

Consider it done. --CharitwoTalk 06:41, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. Vetinari(Appointment) 15:27, May 31, 2010 (UTC)

Hola

Hola, es que tengo una pregunta, verás, como he visto,

no se pueden poner Devianart, pero esque yo no se diferenciarlos delas imagenes reales,

por eso me gustaría que me dijeras cual es su diferencia.Diana8 20:06, May 28, 2010 (UTC)Diana8

Pointed her to the spanish wikia central page. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 20:11, May 28, 2010 (UTC)

cna you help me......

please can you help me here is what i need help on:how do i post a link to a wiki on my blog?????????????????????? becuase i want to show my friends on brickapeda my new wiki it is lego comics wiki please help meTAHU97-THE MAKER OF BIONCLE BATTLES 09:50, May 30, 2010 (UTC)

Help:Interwiki link. Manyman Talk 11:25, May 30, 2010 (UTC)

Bots in Kongregate Wiki

Hi, I've seen you in Kongregate Wiki and helped us a bit as a spam task force member. A few months ago we had lots of bots spamming "commercial" products that are useless and without any links either. I just deleted something like "Buy kamagra in Canada" thing, blocked for 1 month and yeah. I'd like to request Spam Task Force to keep eye on our wiki. Thanks. :) Juze JuzeAvatar 06:14, May 31, 2010 (UTC)

Hi! Thanks for reporting this. The bot has been cleaned up after globally and between the 7 of we usually don't miss stuff like that, thanks for bringing it to my attention! --CharitwoTalk 06:28, May 31, 2010 (UTC)

Unable to create new wikia

Screnshots :

300px

Capture2

Thanks

Nezumiwo 20:55, May 31, 2010 (UTC)

Looking. --CharitwoTalk 20:57, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
The second screen stay like that undefinitly Nezumiwo 21:08, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, I've passed this along to staff. --CharitwoTalk 21:09, May 31, 2010 (UTC)

my wikis layout is a mess

hi mr Chariwo,i want to report to you that the layout of my wiki is a mess,can you please restore it to default?Thanks

Slvrsamurai 10:56, June 1, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, I have undid the change that caused the CSS to break. --CharitwoTalk 11:02, June 1, 2010 (UTC)

Reverting

[2] Ok. I revert because the user remove messages here. Moreover the talks owner (Michaeldsuarez) said that not censor his talk. 14:13, June 1, 2010 (UTC) Andres bonilla 196

I think that I revert 'cause my first impression is a vandal edit, away. Next time I'll consult if is a vandal edit. 15:10, June 1, 2010 (UTC) Andres bonilla 196

RE: Revert

Alright. Can you please tell User:SynchPedro86 to move the dispute elsewhere? I doubt that he would respect my opinion. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 15:23, June 1, 2010 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.