FANDOM

Can't find the conversation you are looking for?
It may have been removed from my wall. However, this does not mean it is gone forever. Removed threads can be found here.

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Andrewds1021 wrote: You can control the order among those added by an infobox but those added on the page itself cannot be placed in-between them. Which infobox, parameters, and categories do you want to do this for?

How do I do this? I thought I knew how (just the order it is in the infobox but it seesm not true). My Sample shows Colours after Type but it should be after way after that and past Product Line categories, but the rest of the Categories appear the correct place. I think I have my wiki ready for the new infobox but these few categories aren't showing in the right order.

I tried the js by name but I think it is too random looking, so I think the original concept via infobox would be better (if I can get the Colour categories to display in the correct place). Do you think you could have a look why Colours are in the wrong order? maybe it is something I did in my infobox.

Loading editor
    • OMG sorry as soon as I post this I found the error XD so sorry to bother you X /

Loading editor
    • No worries. I am glad you were able to figure it out on your own.

Edit:

For anyone else who comes across this, here is the context for this thread.

Loading editor
    • Actually, could you double check my infobox (I am running it live now) and noticing some discrepancies. example, Urban Decay Face Palette shouldn't be where it is (it should be after Urban Decay Highlighter I believe). But most categories seem correctly placed. And I probably have to remove the non-transclusion Categories too (which will take time even with Mass Categorization).

But I warn you my infobox is getting very complex with switch templates and formatting to have this transclusion categories (which once set up will be very easy to maintain). So if this is off putting I don't blame you XD This isn't a make or break need but it is annoying me XD

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hey yo. I just wanted to know, how are you active literally 24/7? What's your secret? You edit and help so much you should get a helper or councilor role.

Loading editor
    • I know it seems like 24/7 but it really isn't. For better or worse (probably worse), I just don't have a regular schedule at the moment so I am on whenever I am on; whether that be 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon (sometimes both). For instance, I was offline most of yesterday.

Edit:

Also, "Councilor" has nothing to do with helping other users. It just means you get to view the Community Council wiki and provide feedback on new features before they are rolled out for testing.

As for "Helper", that is a volunteer who acts like staff for non-English wikis.

Loading editor
    • Oh. Yes, I know it isn't really 24/7, just implying that you spend lots of time here. As for the roles, i basically meant that you should have better roles and stuff in the community, given that you and fandyllic are the main helpers in the forums here.

Loading editor
    • Well, in the past, I have been offered positions. However, I wasn't prepared at the time to accept them.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hey thered. Just wanted to ask you 2 questions on my mistake on the Railwam at the RIse of nations Wiki.

1.  You are rearranging to mantain chronlogocial order. How long will this be required?
    2. Should I deleted the already created User Wam subpages?
      Loading editor
    • View all 5 replies
    • Oh, lol. I just logged in to see the activity and saw what you did. Also, the wam thing has shown a near vertical score drop. DId that just happen, or did anything get broken?

Loading editor
    • FANDOM does not disclose exactly how WAM is calculated so it is hard to say. However, they do mention that scores may fluctuate from day to day. If you want to verify that the retrieved score is correct, you can always manually check at WAM.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • What code is required for a template to be aligned differently on a page?.

Loading editor
  • I wanted to thank you for giving this information. There is a reason behind sending this message and that is because of the fact that I was working on creating a custom message wall greeting and couldn’t quite get the code to work. It just kept its position with no change, I even tried accessing the system message page for information about to have the correct source code for establishing the design of the text. Eventually, after fiddling around with source code, the result turned out perfect

Thanks Andrew and I’ll continue contacting you for additional questions (if I need your help of course).

Loading editor
    • I am not clear on how this relates to the other thread but I am glad I was able to help.

Yes, absolutely feel free to contact me again if you need more help. However, also keep in mind that there are plenty of other great editors out there that can help as well. If you post in the general forums, you won't have to wait for me specifically; unless that is what you want.

Loading editor
    • I know that other users exist, especially User:Fngplg and some others. But I honestly feel that contacting you is helpful as you most stuff about CSS, customizing and managing other sites.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • [First off, sorry.]

Now, I have a few questions about CSS. This Here is the CSS for the Site under construction. I believe the CSS is attached to [Gallery] Tab, because that doesn't display the correct size?  Also, how would I fix CharacterTabs on the Pages, because this CSS is used as well, correct?
    There is a lot missing! Thank you.

Loading editor
    • View all 27 replies
    • Hmm... That is interesting. When you do something like "x64px", it is supposed to adjust to make the height 64px. Either way, glad you got something you like. Unfortunately, you will need to add the images on each page.

Loading editor
    • That is okay, I do not mind the extra work. The entire Wiki is currently under construction anyways. I am glad we were able to help each other out!

<thumbs up!>

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I have a table layout on my profile and I want it to have color, is CSS required?

Loading editor
    • View all 7 replies
    • Link Colors should be available within Theme Designer. Once there, try experimenting with Hex color numbers. Best way is to have some sort of Paint tool, thank you.

Now, I have a few questions about CSS as well. This Here is the CSS for the Site under construction. I believe this is attached to [Gallery] Tab, because that doesn't show correct size?  Also, how to fix CharacterTabs on the Pages, because this CSS is used as well?
      There is a lot missing! 

Loading editor
    • DarkraiShadowXZ, I would be happy to help you as well. However, I ask that you please create a separate thread on my wall for your request.

Jkline06, you can change the color of a particular link like this:

[[Help:Links|<span style="color: orange;">Link Text</span>]]

Link Text

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hello there!

You have been named one of the Fandom Editors of the Month in the latest This Month at Fandom!

By winning this award, you are entitled to one Fandom top editor hoodie. If you would like to claim your prize, email me at will@fandom.com so we can get the hoodie shipped to you!

Congrats again!

Will

Global Community Lead, Fandom

Loading editor
  • so far how am i doing? owlsnews.fandom.com

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Iam just trying my best.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.