FANDOM

Can't find the conversation you are looking for?
It may have been removed from my wall. However, this does not mean it is gone forever. Removed threads can be found here.

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Hello, I was kinda wondering since you helped me last month with that table template, I was wondering if you could help with this infobox, please, more is in this thread.

Thank you for your time

"The Phenomenal" Team69Roll(talk) 21:32, November 22, 2019 (UTC)

Loading editor
  • do you have a youtube channel

Loading editor
  •   Loading editor
    • If you need help with a specific task, I can try to help. However, I don't just swoop in and make entire wikis for other users.

Loading editor
    • have you ever seen a game called "krampus is home", you know this game or not, if you don't know it, see it in the videos from the beginning of the game to the end and then put everything you know

Loading editor
    • Sorry, I have neither seen it nor am I interested in seeing it.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi, I don't know how to make a bot. Can you please help me? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser If you look at this and this https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_Wiki:Bots It says the software of the bot. I still don't know how to make a bot with this software.

Loading editor
  • why arent u in any group like council or global discussion moderator

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log?page=User:Andrewds1021 shows no logs

Loading editor
    • Most global user groups you need an invite to join. Typically they recruit as needed; not on a regular basis. Community Council is an exception where you can ask to be added. However, I haven't done that yet. As a matter of fact, I have gotten two invites before: once to become an admin here on Community Central (not a global group but still invite-only) and once to become a Vanguard. However, at the times the offers were made, I was busy with higher priority tasks so I declined the offers.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I promised I'll supply a Discussions image whitelist, so here it is (I hope you understand regex):
    ^http(s)?:\/\/(www\.)?(static\.wikia\.nocookie\.net|vignette\.(wikia-dev|fandom-dev)\.(us|pl))\/.+

This is only the whitelist for the image host, aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee is the format for the part after the host, where each of the parts represents a hexadecimal number. If I had to guess how that part is formed, I would say it is a random unique ID and I doubt it's guaranteed that past avatars of users are still on Fandom servers.

Coincidentally, there was a security issue with image hosts not being validated in Discussions images that I discovered while trying to provide information about the image whitelist at the time of writing that post. It has been fixed now, and the error message returned by the Discussions API is (once again) returning the above regular expression.

Loading editor
  • easy-wiki is needing some help. check it. if you dont mind.

Loading editor
  • Hello, I was kinda wondering if you could help me with a table because I was thinking in making a template based these based on this and this templates, and I was also wondering how can I make based on these templates to simplify the table in this page, more is on this thread.

Thank you for your time

"The Phenomenal" Team69Roll(talk) 21:38, September 30, 2019 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Lol. I saw that thread and was going to comment but it seemed, at the time, like you were already getting enough help. What are you trying to do that hasn't already been addressed in that thread? Or is it just the rowspan thing now.

In case you care to know, you can make the table rows render on the template page by using inclusion tags. here is an example.

Loading editor
    • No, well the issue is still to be addressed, but ok I'll take look at the page but like I told you I was trying to make this table but you know using the that code with rowspan thing but still I don't know how to make the rowspan part like some parts of the table.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Can you please adopt the Crank Yankers Wiki or contribute? It needs help. http://crankyankers.wikia.com

Loading editor
    • View all 9 replies
    • This reply has been removed
    • I see. Well, then I guess (s)he can't? I never considered what happens regarding adoptions when a user is blocked here on CC. I would not have thought it was a forgone conclusion that they shouldn't be allowed to adopt a wiki. But if they can't edit here, then they can't apply. Or maybe there is an exception put in place for the adoption pages?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • More supertastic bot time! Like I say probably easier as a guide in an easy to find place, right here:

MassRename is for all your give images that have random number titles legible names needs!

'u:dev:MassRename/code.js', can be fitted in with the others like so among with FindAndReplace, MassEdit and so forth. The WikiaBar below is the JWB so it is all neat together in one place.

Anywho to use MassRename first you need to give your bot admin or content moderator rights as only they can rename images. Then add the random code name images that are better with titles and copy and paste them into MassRename that appears under “My Tools” on the lower toolbar on a wiki.

Open your computer console and add this (change .png to .jpg depending on the image) which also adds File: infront of them so it works (if your images already have File: before them, remove ‘File:’ + around the middle before the new name, Episode 1 - for example. 

var txt = document.getElementById('text-rename');
    var val = txt.value.split('\n');
    var num = 1;
    $.each(val, function (k, v) {
        val[k] = 'File:' + v + ' File:Episode_1_-_' + num + '.jpg';
        num += 1;
    });
    txt.value = val.join('\n');

Tick leave a redirect behind otherwise if you don’t replace them in source mode the code name images will be deleted and if you want the images back you will have to check the history and add them all manually : ) For example 1f07554f.jpg will appear as a name title with an empty image on the page it is on, so you have to check in the history to that it is now called Episode 2 - 1.jpg for example and re-add it for the image to appear, and then do that for each one!

But that’s a thrilling drastic scenario, leave a redirect behind and then initiate for the images to be renamed! Whilst they will appear with their lovely new names when an image is clicked, a rename is a redirect – the original random code name will still be on the page in source mode so we’ll change that too.

var num = 1;
    var abc = [];
    while (num < 148) {
        abc.push('File:Episode 1 - ' + num + '.jpg ');
        num += 1;
    }
    $('#mw-content-text').prepend(
        $('<textarea>').val(abc.join('\n'))
    );

Running this in console (the 148 is a number one more than the images you would like, have 50 images? Input 51)

Then the list is ready to copy and paste over the random code names like this. There FindAndReplace was used at the same time whilst in edit, find File: replace with (nothing, like just leave it blank after pressing enter in the second box) and that removes that as well.

So now there are legible names, people can tell which episode those images are from, and everything is concise as well, hooray!

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.