FANDOM

Can't find the conversation you are looking for?
It may have been removed from my wall. However, this does not mean it is gone forever. Removed threads can be found here.

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Hey, Andrewds, you should visit an UCP wiki from time to time to get the notifications that do not arrive on legacy.

Loading editor
    • I do. I assume this is about the comments script? I did get a notification about you leaving a message on my talk page. I have just been a bit busy the past few days.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • hi

Loading editor
  • Hello! Do you have a Discord?

Loading editor
  • Andrewds1021, Can you close Thread:1982344 and put “End of tantrum” as a reason? Because the person who made the thread is throwing a severe tantrum not only over his block from the Apple Wiki, but also because Fandom hates him/her and is making him/her go to Wikipedia.

Thanks!

Loading editor
  • Hello, Andrew.

Sometimes admins want a way to communicate privately about wiki-related sensitive topics, and basically the wiki platform does not offer any way to hide contents from other users. They can use other platforms such as Discord, but sometimes there are reasons preventing them from that.

I was thinking about a script that deletes a specific page immediately after publishing it, and also provides a convenient access to the deleted version preview - both are things only an admin (and a content mod) can do. The algorithm sounds pretty simple, although of course the actual coding might face problems.

What do you think?

Loading editor
    • View all 7 replies
    • Fine then.

I want to give it a try myself, and I have a basic knowledge of JS, but nothing about the objects and methods needed. Can you give me some pointers? Or is there any reference?

Loading editor
    • Unfortunately, I am not yet familiar with creating/editing/deleting pages via JS. However, I can guarantee you at least some of the users on the dev wiki know how. After all, they have things like MassEdit.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hello and I wanna thank you for helping me use a font for one of my wikia, any idea how I can add one more as the paragraph ones?

Loading editor
    • View all 19 replies
    • That seems like a logical conclusion; assuming I understand what you are saying.

Loading editor
    • There's another wiki I'll be doing first for my upcoming series on cartoon network series

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • how do you get on the wam log leaderboard

Loading editor
    • I wish I could tell you but I don't know either. I would have thought it was based on the WAM score but clearly it isn't. If you really want to know, you might want to try asking this in the forums or directly to staff. However, I have a feeling you won't get much more of an answer. Fandom intentionally keeps this process secret so that wikis cannot deliberately manipulate their wiki's score/rank.

Loading editor
    • ok bc i want my wiki on the leaderboard again

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • my wikis import js wont work can you help fix it https://bgs-community-content.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:ImportJS i havnt worked for a long time (im the alt of gdbbsjxk)

Loading editor
    • View all 6 replies
    • ok thxx

Loading editor
    • I heard back from staff and they confirmed that there is a limit. However, they do not want to say what it is because they are afraid that will encourage wikis to use as many as possible. In reality, they feel that by the time a wiki gets close to the limit it is probably using too many scripts. Therefore, they have no intention of increasing the limit.

In light of this, I would encourage you to add scripts only if you are actually going to use them. Furthermore, it would probably help if you went through the current list and removed ones you don't need. I spotted at least a few while I was cleaning the list.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I didn't think it's related enough to ask on the thread where you mentioned it, but I'm curios.

Loading editor
    • Well, it is kind of hard to list ones that are not using it as they tend to be the more obscure browsers. Most of the large browsers actually use Google's forked version of the relevant components instead of WebKit itself. Google's forked version is part of Blink which, in turn, is part of Chromium. In addition to Google Chrome, Chromium is used for Microsoft Edge (version ≥ 79), Opera (version ≥ 15), and any lesser-known browsers that want to use it.

Loading editor
    • So it'll be about very nishe browsers who are not using a common (though not officialy demanded) component?

Loading editor
    • I wouldn't say "very niche" but when people think of browsers, they think of Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and maybe Internet Explorer. Of those 6, I believe only IE doesn't support it at this point. However, there are a lot of other browsers out there. For example, android phones have a unique android web browser. My phone is a Samsung so it also has a Samsung browser. It is these type of browsers (which are sometimes the default browsers on mobile devices) that may not support WebKit/Blink.

Loading editor
    • Alright, thanks!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi, I have two problems that I'm having some trouble with on my wiki.

1. On a specific article , the mobile version has a weird line spacing problem where the heading is really close the paragraph above. No matter what I do, nothing fixes it. Any advice?
    Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.31.23 AM

2. On the same article, I have three images next to each other, each with their own caption, but only the caption on the first image displays. Is there anything I can do to make all of them display?
    Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.37.05 AM
      Loading editor
      1. I believe that is the default spacing for headers. The extra empty space for the other headers appears to be coming from the br tags you placed in the previous section.
      2. The 2 images that don't have a caption aren't specified as "thumb" images (but the other one is). Only images specified as either "thumb" or "frame" display the caption.
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.