FANDOM

Can't find the conversation you are looking for?
It may have been removed from my wall. However, this does not mean it is gone forever. Removed threads can be found here.

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • I have a lot fun with you!

I hope be can chat sometime!

Loading editor
  • Okay so turns out it’s actually nice and straightforward to make a bot. I even ran into some troubleshooting that involved accessing the browser’s console so how’s that for an untangled knot. Cannot speak for a downloadable computer bot though check it out there is something even better (so far as I'm concerned) in a JS based bot!

This blog post  explains how to make one and something practical in how to use three of the JS scripts to help in two areas namely mass categorising images and adding licensing templates to all.

The bot is actually another account that can be activated across wikis so rather than make a bunch of different bots for wikis you are able to keep it to just one and with that, think of another name! Ph1i5-B0t was perfect for me; it was an extension of my name that could be a total name or a standalone one and had the right amount of letters/numbers in the correct places, but whichever works for you.

Recommended bot names:

• Botzoola  - let’s everyone know it’s a bot with it in the name and you cannot go wrong with Botzoola.
    • 348738 - A bunch of random numbers because computer code, when else would you use a load of numbers, you can even sneak in whatever numbers first come to mind there and no one will probably be able to tell.
    • Drewds Rulez  - A fairly obvious one for you

The JavaScripts are like a candy store you may choose the ones you like! The three in the blog are some specific examples to see how to do those areas, all unusually handy there and applicable elsewhere, too. Then scripts can be added wherever really, with those main ones there is also a better inkling on how to use the unfamiliar ones if they are required. The images in the blog should help with getting the specifics, like knowing enter is needed for FindAndReplace, at which point like everything it’s a nice leisurely process once we know how it is done. At this point if practice to see first hand is helpful then you could request from staff the bot flag on the Banana Fish wiki (and ask for any other wiki you would like to use the bot on) and test it on the image gallery for Episode 11 if you would like to.

The process is:

• Use FindAndReplace – to add image titles into MassEdit to add the licensing template.
    • Use FindAndReplace – to add image titles into MassCategorization to place them in categories.

FindAndReplace is like a tree with the other two being branches out of it to add the information we need for images and Episode 11/Image Gallery can be used for both.

Alternatively if you have wikis that need a bots mass edit help Ph1i5-B0t can simply help there! There are a load of other areas like MassRename, MassProtect so please do make any and all suggestions. The more areas for a bot to learn to help with the better!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • hey did you reply to my page 

Loading editor
  • i need a link of roleplay wiki .... please hrlp me please.....

Loading editor
  • Blow My Mind.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi there,

It's difficult to find the old threads you marked for deletion (they were done early to late December for various reasons). MediaWiki doesn't let me get to the thread from the category, and the post remains in the category even after a thread is closed or removed.

If there's a thread that needs to be deleted in the future, could you kindly contact me or another one of the admins? Thanks, and as always your help on Community Central is very much appreciated.

Loading editor
    • Okay, thanks for letting me know. Are there currently any that you need help locating?

Loading editor
    • I went through them all manually yesterday and cleared them, so it's all good now :)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi, just wondering if u made progress on DPL for offer side?

Loading editor
    • Unfortunately not. I have been too busy IRL to spend time on any of the more involved help threads. I am hoping to find some time soon because you aren't the only one I've been keeping waiting.

Loading editor
    • Ah, okay 👍🏽

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hello, thank you for responding to my thread. That was so stupid of me. I thought I didn't put the Century Gothic code there. Could you please help me with another question I posted there?

Loading editor
  • You've answered a few of my questions, however I didn't know to answer 90% of the questions on the forum! Thank you so much, you've helped so many people thank you so very much. Nice job.

Loading editor
  • Hi, welcome to Community Central! Thanks for your edit to the Form Display of Embeded Multiple-Instance Templates page.

If you need help, feel free to leave me a message; you may also want to visit the forums or join us on Chat. You can also check the staff blog to keep up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia.

Happy editing!

Loading editor
    Andrewds1021
    Andrewds1021 closed this thread because:
    precaution
    23:05, May 17, 2019
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message