Community Central
Community Central
m (Removing broken link.)
Tag: apiedit

(8 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{archive}}

This is an archive of the Talk:List of Wikia page. Previous discussions cut and pasted below. [[User:Zephyrinus|Zephyrinus]] 05:46, 5 March 2007 (UTC)

This is an archive of the Talk:List of Wikia page. Previous discussions cut and pasted below. [[User:Zephyrinus|Zephyrinus]] 05:46, 5 March 2007 (UTC)

----

----
Line 15: Line 16:

*Anime (because there wont be any wikis for specific anime... art maybe?)

*Anime (because there wont be any wikis for specific anime... art maybe?)

*Astronomy

*Astronomy
*[[Babylon5]] (probably a similar one to Anime)
+
*Babylon5 (probably a similar one to Anime)
*[[Bahrain]] (Islands? Locations?)
+
*Bahrain (Islands? Locations?)
*[[Beijing]] (Cities? Locations?)
+
*Beijing (Cities? Locations?)
*[[BeyondVoting]] (politics? internet?)
+
*BeyondVoting (politics? internet?)

*[[Boppard]] (towns? locations?)

*[[Boppard]] (towns? locations?)

*Business owns (?????)

*Business owns (?????)
Line 26: Line 27:

*[[Eagles' Fans]] (bands?)

*[[Eagles' Fans]] (bands?)

*[[The Eagle Party]] (political parties?)

*[[The Eagle Party]] (political parties?)
*[[Fishery Management]] (fish?),
+
*Fishery Management (fish?),

*[[Fort Sill Apache Tribe]] i got nothin

*[[Fort Sill Apache Tribe]] i got nothin
*[[G. Knowledge]] (Environment?)
+
*G. Knowledge (Environment?)

*Genealogy (Islam?)

*Genealogy (Islam?)

*[[INTEQ]] (what is an INTEQ system?)

*[[INTEQ]] (what is an INTEQ system?)

Latest revision as of 21:26, 26 October 2018

Archive
This page is an archive. Please do not edit the contents of this page.
Direct any additional comments to the current talk page.

This is an archive of the Talk:List of Wikia page. Previous discussions cut and pasted below. Zephyrinus 05:46, 5 March 2007 (UTC)

After a bit more thought on the subject, I think ukrailways might be better than britishrailways, as britishrailways suggest only the nationalised period of the rail network and the intention is to cover the entire history. - Bedders

Ok. This should be created within the next couple of days. Angela 11:29, 10 Dec 2004 (PST)

Categorization

Hi, I'd like to possibly make categories, such as Computing (Mozilla, ActiveWorlds) or Gaming (Nintendo, Doom, ActiveWorlds), which would be subcategories of the "Wikicities Descriptions" category. I just wanted clearance first before doing such a major thing. --Me at work 14:16, 18 Jan 2005 (PST)

I like that idea. As wikicities grows, it will be difficult for new visitors to find the right wikis without something like that. Neopets Guilds would go under gaming; WikiMac under computing. Other possible categories Politics, Social and Education. Another nice thing about using categories, is that a wiki could be categorized under more than one classification. --RJ 15:47, 18 Jan 2005 (PST)
One's I can't think of anything for (other than the language), please suggest some, preferably in another set of parens after mine:
  • Abitur_Wissen_Wiki
  • A-levels
  • Anime (because there wont be any wikis for specific anime... art maybe?)
  • Astronomy
  • Babylon5 (probably a similar one to Anime)
  • Bahrain (Islands? Locations?)
  • Beijing (Cities? Locations?)
  • BeyondVoting (politics? internet?)
  • Boppard (towns? locations?)
  • Business owns (?????)
  • Calgary Community (cities? locations?)
  • Celebrity (?????)
  • Dallas/Fort Worth (cities? locations? locations? i think so.)
  • Eagles' Fans (bands?)
  • The Eagle Party (political parties?)
  • Fishery Management (fish?),
  • Fort Sill Apache Tribe i got nothin
  • G. Knowledge (Environment?)
  • Genealogy (Islam?)
  • INTEQ (what is an INTEQ system?)
  • Las Vegas (Cities? Locations? Gambling?)
  • Legal (???)
  • Luxembourg (Nations? Locations?)
  • Mexique (Nations? Locations?)
  • Node-wiki for university-wikis (???)
I stopped there, I don't know what I'm doing except creating a list of stuff that's missing a few. Obviously this needs some more thought, I think Locations is going to go into a LOT of these myself. I had no idea there were so many focused on locations. I hope Angela doesn't mind that i got started a little early, heh. --Me at work 22:26, 18 Jan 2005 (PST)

Qaulity Assurance

For quality assurance, I propose that we put "Recent changes" and "Special:All pages" links either in List of Wikicities or in each city's info page. This allows us to quickly identify which city is inactive or needs help. — Danielwang-x 06:24, 24 Jun 2005 (UTC)

External city wiki

Last year I started SeattleWiki, which also runs on MediaWiki. Although it's an externally hosted site, it would be great if I could add a link to it in your List of Wikicities page. Would that be ok? — matias

Well . . . the thing is, if it's not on wikicities, it's not a wikicity - although there are a few city-based wikis, this isn't a set of wikis about cities; it's a general term for the wikis hosted by this website. I would suggest you consider adding it to the Interwiki map instead. That way, if people want to link to your wiki, they can just use a prefix, like this: [[SeattleWiki:Whatever]] —GreenReaper(talk) 22:21, 24 Feb 2005 (GMT)
GreenReaper is right. The page is only for wikis hosted at Wikicities, not for any wikis that are about cities. It's just an internal project list, not something that aims to list all wikis, which would very quickly get out of hand. It's unfortunate your content isn't GFDL, since that prevents ever moving to Wikicities. Angela 22:23, 24 Feb 2005 (GMT)
Thanks for the quick responses. I understand and it makes sense. Thanks for adding it to the Interwiki map too. I didn't know about Wikicities but it's a really cool service, and it may make sense to move SeattleWiki here (currently I'm doing the hosting for it). As you point out the current license is not compatible with the GFDL but I'll bring it up with the current users (there's not that many) and see what people think. — matias

Growth!

Woo Hoo! Almost 200 wikicities! --CocoaZen 21:53, 29 Mar 2005 (EST)

lists suggestion?

In the lower section, suggest three listings:

• Rejected listing explanation
    • rejected items
  • Holding, awaiting clarification explanation
    • holding items
  • Approved, awaiting creation
    • approved items

- Amgine 10:38, 31 Mar 2005 (EST)

I've removed the "awaiting creation" section since that isn't used anymore. It used to be when I was approving the wikis and Jason was creating them, but now I can do both, it isn't needed.
I think rejected and holding are often too similar to need to split them. Most of the ones in "holding" never get any response, so are rejected, and the ones that are rejected might become real wikis if people do send me more clarification or appeal the decision. Angela 12:03, 1 Apr 2005 (EST)

Where is my Wikicity?

Where is my Wikicity? I tried to create it few days ago. Its name is "wikispecs", so the URL would be http://wikispecs.wikicities.com/.

Hello? Anyone? Urvabara 15:35, 26 Jun 2005 (UTC)
I've emailed you about this. I think your idea is already covered at techcompare:. Have you looked at that wiki to see if you could contribute your content there instead? Angela (talk) 00:01, 27 Jun 2005 (UTC)

Likewise, it was just created today (I believe), but can anyone add the new Wheel of Time Wikicity, or does an administrator need to police this list? nae'blis (talk) 02:52, 18 Oct 2005 (UTC)

Anyone can add it. Angela (talk) 20:18, 20 Oct 2005 (UTC)

Anglish

Hi there, our wikicity (The Anglish Moot: http://www.wikicities.com/wiki/Anglish ) doesn't seem to be on this page's list (altho it is buried within the "languages" section of the indepth list). Why isn't it here, and how do we get it here? Cheers. Bryan 82.44.212.6 00:33, 18 January 2006 (UTC)

Category:Languages

• Halló! I thank that a link to Category:Languages should be included at Wikis with many active members/Archive 1. Best regards Gangleri 22:24, 10 Dec 2005 (UTC)

new proposed wikicities?

The list of rejected wikicities only goes up to november 17; they seemed to be posted every week but there haven't been any since then. Why? --AK-7 01:15, 11 Dec 2005 (UTC)

List: Automatic or Manual

I had to add the Wine Wiki to the Template manually. Is there any way to make this list automatically generated? There are probably a lot of cities that don't have links. Chadlupkes 17:11, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)

Charges

You don't have to pay to make a wikicity, since it is a new site, do you?? I'm thinking of making a Starfox wikicity.Bly1993 01:19, 1 Jan 2006 (UTC)

There is no charge for any Wikicity. Angela (talk) 20:30, 4 Jan 2006 (UTC)

Weird al

What about the Weird al wiki? The thing 14:39, 23 January 2006 (UTC)

Souzo

Como miembro reciente de wikia me gustaria pedir que no cierren mi wikia, ya que la cree dedicada a mis anmigos y seres queridos.

Por su comprension gracias.

Agradeceria que no la cierren, de antemano gracias ^^

>Se depide Souzo< agradeceria una respuesta

Defective issues

Equipment