Community Central
Community Central
Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

Username inclusion

There should be a section that tells new users how to link to their user pages, since some users want to do that but cannot find a way to do it. Thanks. SSgtGriffin on YouTube 16:00, June 14, 2010 (UTC)

That belongs at Help:Links, not Help:Wikitext. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 1 Feb 2017 1:07 PM Pacific

Additional wikitext examples in draft

I'm putting more wikitext examples that I can think of (that aren't too complicated) at Help:Wikitext/more examples. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7:23 PM PST 9 Aug 2010

Collapse code for wiki text

For the moment there is no collapse code so we can hide text.

Can't one use Collapsing? ----{{#NewWindowLink:User:Echoblast53|Echoblast53}} ({{#NewWindowLink:w:c:darkorbit:Message_Wall:Echoblast53|talk}} | {{#NewWindowLink:Special:Contributions/Echoblast53|contributions}} | {{#NewWindowLink:http://echoblast53.chatango.com%7Cchat}}) 00:13, May 22, 2013 (UTC)

Image link

I can't seem to find instructions on how to use an image (that is in my wiki) to link t and external page. In this case a link to the google play store using a google app store badge. Calicodoll (talk) 20:38, December 2, 2015 (UTC)

The "link=" option mentioned in the "Images" section of the list allows external links. Does this not work for you? Kirkburn  talk  contr    15:11, December 3, 2015 (UTC)

section link names

A most likely "impossible question":
Is there some magical way to change the link of a section without creating a redirect?

On a gaming wiki, we are accustomed to using numbers for the patch notes. But recently the naming convention used by the development team changed. Is there a way to make the section link to "Update X.0.3" instead of the new name of "Yellow 3"? ~KettleTicket~ (talk) 04:23, June 18, 2016 (UTC)

What is a "link of a section"? You should repost this question at Special:Forum, not here. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 1 Feb 2017 1:09 PM Pacific

Linking to other wikis

Is there a way to link images to other FANDOM wikis besides the one the original image was uploaded on?

Amer1ciuM 00:39, November 21, 2019 (UTC)

If you're talking about using images on a different wiki, yes - see Help:Shared images for details on that! -- Kirkburn  talk  contr    21:10, November 27, 2019 (UTC)