Desktop vs mobile editorEdit
Are you planning on making the UCP similar or like the current used platform? ("Legacy"?) I currently use the desktop editor but I am on mobile as I find the mobile editor to just be terrible. I recently created a new wiki and have found using desktop mode on mobile with UCP is completely incompatible, I struggle to make any edits and would love to hear if the UCP is going to be like the Legacy eventually. CaesarsLegion001 (talk) 02:30, July 1, 2020 (UTC)
- CaesarsLegion001, have you tried using the UCP's mobile editor? It's vastly improved over the mobile editing experience on legacy. ~ SlyCooperFan1 [message · contributions] 05:52, July 1, 2020 (UTC)
UCP wikis sampleEdit
Can we have at least a couple of examples of wikis already moved to the UCP? I'd prefer to have a considerable list, but if it's inconvenient for any reason, maybe just a couple of wikis moved and another couple already created on the new platform? It's great to read the description of the process, but what if we could see with our own eyes what is being described on the article? —Sapador Castelo (talk) 04:41, August 7, 2020 (UTC)
- If you want to take a look at a wiki that was created on the legacy platform but has already migrated to the UCP, you can check out the Final Fantasy Wiki. It's one of the biggest wikis we've migrated so far. Mira Laime (talk) 18:40, August 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I tried it out  and it works! It is a bit strange to use and looks a bit scruffy when done, but is O.K. I am sure the great Wikia community will adapt and in time enjoy it, assuming it's not to buggy at first. User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 20:45, August 14, 2020 (UTC)
- Hopefully Chat or Discord will remain as a place to host talk.--User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 20:44, August 14, 2020 (UTC)
They better not replace our achievements. I've worked so hard to make icons for them on one of my wikis
Rename Special:Chat heading Edit
To match all the other headings under the Social Features section, the Special:Chat section should be renamed to something else, perhaps just "Chat", or maybe "Live Chat". --talk 18:59, August 10, 2020 (UTC)
Wiki Activity Edit
Hi, I'm not sure if this will be taken into account, but I highly recommend that some version of Recent Wiki Activity will be carried over to UCP. "Recent changes," I find, is just so small and non-user friendly. With wiki activity, you can tell what's recently been edited in just a glance, where you really have to strain to do so with RecentChanges. Princess Diva (talk) 22:29, August 12, 2020 (UTC)
- While no substitute for the simplicity and clarity of WikiActivity, you might be interested in the ModernizedChanges stylesheet. talk 23:28, August 12, 2020 (UTC)
Images and Infobox TroubleEdit
I hate it so much! Edit
You shouldn't have started this wiki experience in the first place. At first I thought it was ok, but then I realized there's a lot of things missing! I can't see the recent activity page anymore, having replaced with "recent changes", which is far too complex. The new files page is not as good as the gallery of new files on the original! And there's no multiple upload anymore, and that was needed to make uploading much faster! And I can't see any of the code I added to my Global.js page, and on the wiki's common.js and common.css as well! Wikis deserve to be customized the way they want!
- Just dropping by to voice my opinion. I agree. Whole-heartedly. The new system hasn't improved my Wikia experience in the slightest. In-fact, it's done quite the opposite. The "Recent Changes" page is harder to understand, and use effectively, the recent activity widget no longer shows who made the recent edits, my custom Java Script no longer works, and message wall greetings are a thing of the past. As they say, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". Santademon (talk) 05:25, August 20, 2020 (UTC)
- We like our old design better in The Mario Fanon, Tokusatsu Wikia and Yuna's Princess Adventure Wikia and please bring all of them back to us. Joshuat1306 (talk) 13:57, August 20, 2020 (UTC)
- This is a complete mistake and regret. Fandom User
- Among the problems I have with the new UCP: Special:MultipleUpload is gone. Line-height of article text appears to have decreased. Table of contents formatting has changed: the heading is no longer centered, bullet points have been added where they shouldn't be, and the first-level list elements are excessively indented. It would also be nice to have the standard Mediawiki source editor available as an option; the new source visual editor source mode is slower, especially on very large pages, and performs some unexpected functions like intercepting the Ctrl-F keypress. The tooltip on the "show changes" button is also incorrectly set to "Go back". BeardWizard (talk) 18:21, August 25, 2020 (UTC)
I bloody hate it too. This was totally unnecessary. My blood is boiling. I created a test wiki with it and I HATE HATE HATE HATE it so much. I cannot state how much I hate it. Also, Special:MultipleUpload is gone. Anyone know of anymore free wiki software I could use? StaraptorEmpoleonI love Looker! 21:58, September 16, 2020 (UTC)
I gotta be honest with you, FANDOM Staff. Taking away the Chat, forums, the classic editor, polls and Message Wall notifications have made thousands of FANDOM Users mad, including myself. Legacy is life. There are a lot of bugs in the UCP Update, such as a glitch with the Popular Pages feature and broken CSS. The UCP is more of a downgrade than an upgrade. Therefore, it is a huge mistake.
XTeodor12 12:20, October 10, 2020 (UTC)
Bug report: API login fails on UCP sitesEdit
I'm unable to have a
mwclient python bot login with password authentication on UCP wikis.
from mwclient import site site = Site('finalfantasy.fandom.com', path='/') site.login(username, password)
This raises the following error:
mwclient.errors.LoginError: The supplied credentials could not be authenticated.
I suspect this is due to the UCP, as the above code works normally in non-UCP sites (e.g.
memory-alpha.fandom.com), but throws an error on UCP sites (e.g.
- You need to use bot passwords on UCP, see Gamepedia's Logging in to third-party tools and Pywikibot pages. talk 19:06, August 25, 2020 (UTC)
Yep, it sucks. Respect my opinion, please. And even if you like UCP, you must have at least the slightest idea why I dislike UCP.
Opinions about the new UCP EditorEdit
When I preview my edits on either of the source or visual editor, all fonts will be forced to set into Rubik. I don't really like that feature, because in my wiki, some of my fonts are different such as the normal, Segoe UI, and Fritz Quadrata, and I can't differentiate easily the categories of my layout.
Most of the time spending with the new UCP Editor, <tabber> tags won't load well in the preview, and It loads like a table instead. But not only on the editing section, but also in the view state when I look to the tabber.
Color coding of such syntaxes in the new source editor is different from the classic one. But these will be my color coding suggestions of the future update of UCP:
- The link color coding
- The attributes color coding inside the tag's first entry such as class, and style.
- Unique wikitable syntax color coding
In the Preview Section, I also want the selections of preview based on the devices. Full access of gallery, slideshow, and slider builder just like the old one. Lastly, I also want the wikitext shorcuts to be returned.
I personally preferred the new layout and It has new features, but also lacks many things that are already in the classic editor. I hope one or more of my suggestions will be coming to the future update of the UCP Editor.
Cooky922 03:01, October 7, 2020 (UTC)