- This information is currently in the private beta forum. We will post a help page here once the skin is live on Wikia. Thanks, --Sarah (help forum | blog) 18:53, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
Lots of tools, but not a single link. Can the tools show with a link to that page in the help wiki? Rauterkus 15:29, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
Duplicate files search Edit
EDIT: In addition, Special:NewFiles doesn't work properly on the My Tools bar.
- New files does work, the text is just not showing properly now. The technical team is aware and working on it. Feel free to make edits there as well. --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 21:05, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Recent Wiki Activity Edit
Semantic MediaWiki Edit
I'd like to see the Semantic MediaWiki special pages available as options for MyTools. You can find a list of them under the Semantic MediaWiki, Semantic Forms, Semantic Drilldown, etc. headings on the SpecialPages entry on my wiki.
I'd also like to see the SMW "refresh" option made available to MyTools, unless it's going to be restored to its position at the top of the page. It uses a similar syntax to the other actions like history, with &action=purge
Thanks. Mistydemeo 19:57, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Please read the infobox at the top of the page. 019mgq 21:22, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Suggest MyTools Special pagesEdit
I Suggest making a quick suggestion list of 5 Special Pages for beginners/transfering to new wikia users.
Personally I would suggest:
Adding pages that are not on the tools list Edit
Blurb says I can add my favorite pages (which I certainly want to do, because I had several at my fingertips in Monaco and they've gone). Following the instructions, I type "Forum" in the box and wait for a list of pages to appear. On the wiki I'm on, there should be dozens. Nothing appears. What is wrong? — Robin Patterson (Talk) 12:13, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Hey Robin, you can only add special pages to my tools. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 16:58, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
My tools Edit
Can someone please come up with a tool that allows me to be able to read the wikis like they were before.I have really really poor eye sight the change is hurting my eyes. Also please come up with a tool that keeps the sharing bar from moving.
Toolbar obscures contentEdit
I would like to know if there is a way to get rid of the floating toolbar entirely. I do not need or want it and it obscures the bottom row of whatever page I am looking at. If there is no option to do so at this time, please add one. StClair 02:06, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I've complained about that too. I can't tab down to the next box in a form and start typing in it, because it's under the dratted toolbar; I have to tab further then click, which is a great nuisance. Maybe they can either shorten it or push it off the actual page or make it partly transparent so that I (and millions of other users) can edit the bottom line in the editing window. — Robin Patterson (Talk) 10:35, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
When looking at the page history, there used to be a link at the top of the page that said "View logs for this page." It would be helpful if that could be restored or at least added to this new tool pop-up. ➳Quin 00:16, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
a way to remove items from My Tools Edit
I was finally able to add two items to 'My Tools' by letting the system do it from partial input in the upper slot that was eventually completed as I wanted and in that way was automatically added to the bigger box -- a very non-intuitive procedure for me. What I still do not see a way to do is remove an item, particularly 'Theme designer', or to put the items in a preferred order. The list is not "My" tools, it is a default more than I would want for 'My Tools'.
And add my name to those who do not like the whole floating bar thing. So many things forced on everyone: very unwiki imo. - Thumlyly 01:19, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, You can removed a page from your my tools while in the edit window. Simply click on the garbage can next to the name of the tool and it will be removed. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 17:17, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
Go to http://bakingrecipes.wikia.com/wiki/Help:MyTools and try to click on any Special: page link.
The link are in the format http://bakingrecipes.wikia.com/wiki//wiki/Special:AllPages which is wrong. It suggest you to create the subpage "Special:AllPages" of the page "wiki" in the main namespace.
--Solitarius 07:54, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
I can't customize my Toolbar Edit
Why "customize" is not working?
I add new tools to toolbar, and save it. But the tools did not appear!
It just don't work, it stays with the normal tools...
Arthur345 15:57, February 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Hello, Please send in a bug report via Special:Contact. Thanks, Sarah (help forum | blog) 18:29, February 22, 2012 (UTC)
Adding a Folder/Menu? Edit
Is there any way I am able to add a folder or menu to the toolbar, to be able to separate the different tools into categories? I would like to do so instead of having the tools as individual links, and then the "My Tools" folder/menu. LikeLakers2 21:09, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, Currently the only folder available is the my tools folder. I will share the idea to have the ability to add more folders with our product team. Sarah (help forum | blog) 17:14, June 4, 2012 (UTC)
Toolbar on IpadEdit
- Same problem here. Strangely enough it only happens on one wiki (the French KH Wiki), and it only happens sporadically; however, every time it does happen, I can't edit any page. -Alarielle- 14:36, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
Default toolbar on a single wiki Edit
Is there a way for someone with sysop to add a link to the default toolbar that all users on that wiki see, such as, say, an external link to something related to the wiki? Schiffy (T|C) 18:58, June 15, 2013 (UTC)
Toolbar malfunctioning Edit
I want to add the local list users to my toolbar, so I typed it in, but how do I actually get it on my toolbar? That wasn't clear to me. :P ~ Heathstrid "Two axes are better than one!" 20:17, February 7, 2016 (UTC)