Community Central
Community Central
Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!
I can not do that! My problem is when the My Tools, there is nothing "Special: Themedesigner. For the love of God: HEEELLP MEEE!!!--User:LigadajustiçaSmallville 22:01, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Are you looking on a wiki that you are an admin on? You need to be an admin to use this tool. If you want to test it out, you can on the theme designer wiki. If not, please give me more details. --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 02:40, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

The theme designer is a new tool for the "new wiki look". You can change to it by going to your preferences and chosing the new theme instead of monaco. I have figured that much out. I'm having a major problem with this new tool. The three top buttons: theme, custom, and wordmark are all unresponsive to a click. Also, the wiki preview picture is only a tiny box with scrollbars not a full-page view that would be expected. Is this an error in the system that is being fixed? Or am I doing it wrong? Mortemer2112 01:10, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

What browser are you on? Can you send more details and a screenshot to Special:contact and we will work to get this fixed right away. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 02:40, October 12, 2010 (UTC)

I'm using Internet explorer, I've sent a screenshot in I hope it helps. Mortemer2112 19:31, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, thanks for helping me! I'm on Google Chrome. Yes I am admin of a wiki. I'm trying to change the background and the designer of the Wiki. Since then I am very confused. We see the "My Tools" on the page: Wikia.com, right? I see, but had no "History". I tried to edit the My Tools, but found no Special: Themedesigner. We see the "My Tools" on the page: http://www.wikia.com/Wikia, right? I see, but had no "History". I tried to edit the My Tools, but found no Special: Themedesigner. Understood, I wish you, Sarah, explain to me how blessed I would find the "Special: Themedesigner".--LigadajustiçaSmallville 14:35, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
What wiki are you having a problem on?--Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 17:09, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
The Wiki is in Portuguese of Brazil. The link is this: T.I.M.E Wiki! Thank you Sarah! --LigadajustiçaSmallville 21:49, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I just checked your account on chrome, and it appeared that you did not have the new look selected in your preferences. Once I chose this option, it gave your account access to theme designer. Let me know if this continues not to work. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 23:20, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
Pardon my delay in responding, was busy. Hi, I prefer the old view of the Wiki. But if the problem is this, I change. But I have no access to Special: Themedesigner. That's my objective was to create a new theme for my Wiki. A blue tone. I wanted to access what is appearing in the picture.--LigadajustiçaSmallville 23:23, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Theme designer

Hello LigadajustiçaSmallville, You still did not change your settings, so I did it for you. You can now access the theme designer here. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 16:26, October 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Sarah, thanks for helping me in the Theme designer! I was the editing and arrived at the "wordmark" and not know the size and scale of the graphic image but the image is ready, lack fit the size available to post on the graphic.--LigadajustiçaSmallville 22:42, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
The wordmark must be an png file and 250 x 65 px. You can use a tool like http://pixlr.com/editor/ to adjust it. Cheers, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 23:56, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
Oh Sarah. I turned the 250 px image, but could not put in the wordmark. You can change the picture for me?
Ooopleaa
And how do I put for unregistered users when they come to my Wiki page, see the new look of Wikia.--LigadajustiçaSmallville 16:15, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I resized and added the wordmark for you, so enjoy! Now all users will see the new look. Happy editing, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:39, October 26, 2010 (UTC)

Help

Hi, I'm an administrator at Logopedia (Logos Wikia), and I'm wondering about how to change this new wiki look back to the regular Monaco Sapphire skin. I want this for every user, not just for me. Please tell me how to change it back. Thanks! --Alxeedo TALK 20:04, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Alxeedo, you can change your personal preferences to show Monaco until Nov 3rd for just you. It is not possible to change it back for other users. On Nov 3rd, Monaco will be removed as an option. The "Oasis" theme in the theme designer is similar to sapphire, so you may want to experiment with using that. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 23:15, October 18, 2010 (UTC)

Dimensions

What dimensions would work best for the custom background graphic (not the wordmark)? --れび (talk to Lavi!) 01:21, October 28, 2010 (UTC)

Hi. It depends a bit on what you want for a background. If it is a pattern that can be tiled, then you can use any size image that you like. If you would like a single image, the vertical height would depend on how far down the page you want it to extend. In terms of width, a single image needs to be wider than 960px, which is the width of the content and sidebar area, or it won't be seen around them. How much wider depends again on what you want to put there (and what you can fit within the filesize limit of 100 kilobytes). As an example, something in the realm of 1400x600 would be reasonable -- it would extend at least halfway down most users' screens; just choose a background color that will look good below it and to the sides on bigger screens. -- Wendy (talk) 01:01, October 29, 2010 (UTC)

Invisible Wordmark

Hi I am having a problem with my wordmark. I have repeatedly tried using a 250x65 .PNG image and this is what happens. It appears fine in the theme designer so I click save. But then it doesn't show up after I save. I re-open theme designer and the image preview of it (besides the box that says: dont use a graphic) is only a small box with a red X, hinting that the image file is invalid even though it shows up fine when first uploaded.

I'm having a similar problem. I have uploaded a background image and a wordmark and it is fine in the designer but when saved doesn't show. I even deleted the old File:Wiki-wordmark.png but it still displays, what is with that? It's a bit worrying that the new skin is supposed to go live in the next couple of days but I can't get a theme working. --Squilibob 22:54, October 29, 2010 (UTC) (sealonline.wikia.com)
Hi, I see a wordmark on sealonline.wikia.com, is that not the right one? Or has it showed up now? --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:47, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
The bug seems to have been fixed, thanks. --Squilibob 23:41, November 1, 2010 (UTC)

You can not do that!

It is now that we can not choose and change the style sheet for Monaco Custom? There must be freedom of choice! --DCamer 21:16, October 30, 2010 (UTC)

Advanced CSS

Hello, the main wiki I edit on, the Calvin and Hobbes Wiki, has advanced CSS coding in the Common.css file for use on the main page and other pages. I was wondering if I could somehow transfer that code from the Common.css file to another file so that it will also work in the new wikia theme. Thank you, Brovie talk 06:31, November 6, 2010 (UTC)

Yes you can add it to Wikia.css --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 00:48, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you! --Brovie talk 04:53, November 9, 2010 (UTC)

Multiple Themes

Maybe this is a stupid question, but, as a new Administrator on the Mortal Kombat Wiki, I'm curious if there's a way to make multiple themes. That is to say, allow registered users to choose which theme they'd like to see the wikia displayed as. Is there a way? CavalierTunestalk 17:40, December 24, 2010 (UTC)

Users can use their personal preference to choose between the admin theme or monobook, but there is not a way to set a different theme for different types of users. --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:59, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you, but I think I asked my question incorrectly. I was trying to ask if there was a way to create multiple admin themes that users can choose from under their personal preferences. For instance, if a random user went to his or her personal preferences, could they choose between "Monobook," "Admin Theme 1," "Admin Theme 2," etc. Or can there be only one admin theme? I'm not asking if I can create different themes for different types of users, just if I can create multiple themes for users to choose from under their personal preferences. I hope that was less ambiguous. CavalierTunestalk 17:56, December 31, 2010 (UTC)

Tables

When I changed the customizable page color (for the background), it messed up the wikitables, making the borders a different color and making the backgroungs match. While the matching/transparent background is fine, is there a way to make the borders stay the default black? NeocarleenTalk 09:12, January 17, 2011 (UTC)

Background image does not load properly

Hello, I'm experiencing some problems with my wiki's background image. For some reason, whenever I update the background image, the old one still presents as the current image. I have tried to switch back and forth between old and new images but nothing changed. The small preview images in the file's history indicated that there was nothing wrong with the upload process or the file (at least that is what I think), so I guess there must be some problems with displaying system. Is there anyway to overcome this? Venom00 05:52, February 16, 2011 (UTC)