- 1 Minor spelling error
- 2 Thanks
- 3 Twitter Width
- 4 Google Plus widget
- 5 Facebook plugins will not work after June 23rd, 2015
- 6 Twitter widget
- 7 New Twitter Widget Process
- 8 New Twitter Tag
- 9 Instagram widget
- 10 Hashtag
- 11 How To Add Your YouTube Channel Upload Feed
- 12 Embed a tweet?
- 13 Twitter Widget Changes
- 14 Facebook page widget seems off
- 15 Not working
Minor spelling error
- Fixed. Feel free to edit it and fix it next time... :) Rappy 00:12, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
Hey guys! Thank you so, so, so much for this article, I've been struggling with doing this for ages and now I've done it! Thanks! VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 09:46, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
I've been trying to adjust the width of the Twitter feeds on my Wiki and manually adding a width parameter to the feed script doesn't seem to be working.
As you can see, all the Twitter feeds on the right have their scrollbars chopped because the widget doesn't honor my 350px width restriction. Is this on Twitter's end or Wikia's end?
ZeroTigress (talk) 08:39, October 14, 2013 (UTC)
Google Plus widget
The same process used for Twitter can be used for Google Plus. Just go here to create the widget, and replace "MediaWiki:TwitterWidget" with "MediaWiki:GooglePlusWidget". The G+ widget creator may take a while to load, then paste the whole code into the page instead of splitting it up like they tell you to.
Kbhasi (talk) 11:23, June 23, 2014 (UTC)
Facebook plugins will not work after June 23rd, 2015
Facebook has said on their developers section that they are ending support for the plugins on this wikia page. I just wanted to give a warning so someone could update the Facebook sections on this page. I personally do not know how to do the new method, that's why I came here. If someone wants to update it with the new method, I am sure a lot of people would appreciate it. Thank you. Jenilya (talk) 22:33, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, Wikia is looking at how to handle the deprecation/transition, and adding support for the newer integrations that are offered. We'll update the page as things change! Thanks for asking about this. -BertH (help forum | blog) 22:41, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Is there a way to change the height of the widget? Justine77 7 (talk) 15:34, December 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, it should be - we support the height parameter listed on https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines/parameters 18:19, December 23, 2015 (UTC)
New Twitter Widget Process
I know you guys are aware of the change. The script is pretty basic couldn't we just use it as it's meant to be as an embed code? So in other words I guess my question is, is there an embed tag in the wiki code that can be used in conjunction or a way to parse the code? I've looked at MediaWikis info on twitter and see that this page is based on theirs. Even twitters developers page hasn't been changed to reflect the new process. Guess I'm just thinking it through out loud. Good luck I'll be experimenting on my own and perhaps if enough people try we can come up with a solution.
Twitter Feed Code
<a class="twitter-timeline" data-width="275" data-height="400" data-theme="dark" href="https://twitter.com/LinuxWikia">Tweets by LinuxWikia</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Coloradofree (talk) 00:50, July 5, 2016 (UTC)
- We're still looking into the best way to support the new method on Wikia. Hopefully we'll have some news to share on that in the coming weeks. 14:30, July 5, 2016 (UTC)
New Twitter Tag
Thanks guys, the new Twitter tag works like a charm, appreciate the effort you guys always do to make things work!! Massive Kudos to the team!
Coloradofree (talk) 23:21, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
could you guys please make an Instagram widget for us to use on our communities.
ClavicusVile335 (talk) 06:22, February 9, 2017 (UTC)ClavicusVile335
- There's a very small chance of a Wikia Staff member viewing this message. You might want to use Special:Contact/general to suggest that. -- Cube-shaped garbage can 06:25, February 9, 2017 (UTC)
Will it be possible to add a hashtag twitter feed soon?
Kind regards, Virvar (talk) 17:04, March 4, 2017 (UTC)
How To Add Your YouTube Channel Upload Feed
The feed fetches the data (based on Public or Private as Private uploads are probably not shown in a Public feed) and includes a link to the video, video thumbnail and video description. You can turn your YouTube Channel feed into a readable feed file at FeedBurner, which is free and owned by Google. FeedBurner turns your feed files into easy-to-find feed files as, for example, http://feeds.feedburner.com/warrenwoodhouse , which you can add using the
Where Do I Find My YouTube Channel Feed?
You will need your Channel ID for this next bit. You can find your Channel ID by logging in, go to the three bars in the upper left corner and then select My Channel, it will take you to your channel with the ID in the address box.
Will My YouTube Channel Username Work Instead Of My Channel ID?
No, believe me, I've already tried that approach.
Code Directly from my T-Codes blog.
Example Using Channel ID Feed
2021/08/01 09:33- warrenwoodhouse -
2021/07/31 08:57- warrenwoodhouse -
2021/07/30 08:17- warrenwoodhouse -
2021/07/30 08:15- warrenwoodhouse -
2021/07/30 08:11- warrenwoodhouse -
Example Using Channel ID Feed Converted Into Universal Subscription Mechanism Via FeedBurner
2021/08/01 12:29- firstname.lastname@example.org (Warren Woodhouse) -
2021/08/01 09:35- email@example.com (Warren Woodhouse) -
2021/08/01 08:09- firstname.lastname@example.org (Warren Woodhouse) -
2021/08/01 08:08- email@example.com (Warren Woodhouse) -
2021/08/01 08:08- firstname.lastname@example.org (Warren Woodhouse) -
- feed using FeedBurner can also be added to your iPhone's Apple News app and Podcasts app. Also readable on Feedly.
Warren Woodhouse (talk) 19:56, July 29, 2017 (UTC)
Embed a tweet?
Is there still no way to embed a tweet? I've been searching everywhere and it seems like it's not available, but that it's a feature that's long overdue. Thanks in advance.
Ivgacademy (talk) 19:52, March 14, 2018 (UTC)
- Is there a reason why there's tons of configuring options for Facebook, but not Twitter? If it's already doable, then can someone please update the guide to add some other examples? Timeline's great and all (which is the only current example, btw) but what I care about more is being able to do https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites/embedded-tweets/guides/embedded-tweet-parameter-reference. Like I said, the Facebook configuration allows embedding specific posts, please make it possible for specific Tweets!
- What's weird is that, as seen at w:c:harrypotter:Talk:Nicolas Flamel#Nicolas Flamels death; embedding a specific tweet is possible, but not simple, and the code provided by Twitter will only successfully generate if I include the
<twitter screen-name="[...]" />in front, despite not wanting the entire timeline (at all).
- Please share if there's a way other than copying & pasting the Twitter code alongside the timeline that's not needed. Thanks. --Sammm✦✧(talk) 05:33, March 15, 2019 (UTC)
Twitter Widget Changes
Seems like the Twitter widget no longer works in the old way due to changes at the Twitter end on embeds: https://twittercommunity.com/t/deprecating-widget-settings/102295
Is there an update on the wiki coding we could use with the new Twitter system for timelines or lists by configuring embeds via publish.twitter.com?
Steve W (talk) 05:14, September 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I noticed this today too, much to my frustration (it was working just a couple days ago!) Hopefully soon we will have a solution? gplehner (talk) 08:10, September 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! It would be great if you could send this through Special:Contact/bug, if you haven't already. 14:31, September 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Update: Am currently in touch with Fandom support about this issue and seems they recognize the problem with existing Twitter widget due to changes in Twitter embed system. Will update here if they have a solution. Steve W (talk) 16:43, September 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Just to confirm that the current page is correct and Twitter timelines can be added using the "twitter screen-name" tag, for Twitter user feeds, but the old Twitter widget no longer works for alternatives such as subject search feeds. Hopefully more options will become available in future. Steve W (talk) 17:28, October 1, 2018 (UTC)
Facebook page widget seems off
The Facebook page widget seems not to work anymore. Tried with different browsers, without adblocks… and even in this Help page, it doesn't appear anymore, at all, as if the code didn't do anything at all.21:27, April 26, 2019 (UTC)
Twitter widget doesn't work
The error was, "Error: No Twitter Widget ID provided. Please see Help:Social media integration."
⊠ℙ𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣𝟠𝟠𝟠⊠ 08:36, December 2, 2020 (UTC)