Community Central
Community Central
(→‎poll style: new section)
No edit summary
Line 64: Line 64:

It would be great if the number of votes could be displayed behind the questions, or in front even,. Currently having a new line, AND a new white line after each question is making sure the polls are very tall. {{User:Zurgat/Sig}} 13:00, November 13, 2011 (UTC)

It would be great if the number of votes could be displayed behind the questions, or in front even,. Currently having a new line, AND a new white line after each question is making sure the polls are very tall. {{User:Zurgat/Sig}} 13:00, November 13, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
==What Template is the Polls==
  +
What template is the polls.
  +
  +
[[User:MarkEvans2|MarkEvans2]] 18:26, December 3, 2011 (UTC)MarkEvans2

Revision as of 18:26, 3 December 2011

Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

Every time I vote in a poll

I have a question: Every time I vote in a poll, my vote won't get counted. Why is that? Why is my vote not being counted and other users are?? Squallinoa 08 05:44, 2 December 2008 (UTC)

I'm having the same problem, as are all users on my wiki. Is there discussion of this issue somewhere? --mnenyver 19:56, 4 December 2008 (UTC)

Changing the width of your polls

Polls are 40em wide by default. Wiki admins can make the poll widths changeable by adding

div.ajax-poll { width:auto !important ; }

to MediaWiki:common.css on your wiki. This will make all polls on your wiki be as wide as the "box" they're in, i.e. they'll usually expand to be as wide as the article body. You can now set its width by wrapping it in a div with a set width, or a table cell, or in any other layout box. Example:

<div style="width:250px;">
<poll>
How wide is this poll?
Wide
Not so wide
</poll>
</div>

--◄mendel► 17:53, 14 January 2009 (UTC)

Thanks :) Added! Kirkburn (talk) 17:56, 14 January 2009 (UTC)

Polls Width

While on the help page for the polls it told me that I could change the width of polls to fit the "box" they are put in. I'm trying to put this box on the main page so I need it to fit a 50% box. I've done everything I think I'm supposed to but it's still not fitting inside. Is there a special place I'm supposed to put the "div.ajax-poll { width:auto !important; }" in the Common.css?-- SawBucks   Talk  Contribs  06:46, 27 April 2009 (UTC)

Nevermind, all worked out.-- SawBucks   Talk  Contribs  22:54, 6 May 2009 (UTC)

Wikilinks in polls?

Is there a way to include wikilinks in polls? When I try it, they don't show up. Thanks! —yoda8myhead 07:40, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Every time I've tried doing this, it hasn't worked. I stopped trying. Wjxhuang, the 888th Avatar {Talk} 13:30, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
I am finding the same problem. Both external and wikilinks do not work. Anno1404 01:19, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
I've gotten so far as to make the link's text show up, but the text doesn't come out as link. zaros262

Update?

I had heard a rumor awhile back that this extension was soon to be replaced by something spiffy and new the Wikia programmers were working on. Was any of that more than a rumor?

Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talkcontribsemail) 21:37, May 3, 2010 (UTC)

Polls dont work!

hey,i tried to create a poll and it keeps saying error: A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: /*id=20100930104951*/ (SQL query hidden) from within function "AjaxPollClass::save". Database returned error "1146: Table 'invisiblenetwork.poll_info' doesn't exist (10.8.32.28)".

i get 2 or 3 different ones! HELP! Aoiferocks 10:52, September 30, 2010 (UTC)Aoiferocks

POLLS DON'T WORK!!! A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: /*id=20101026012958*/ (SQL query hidden)from within function "AjaxPollClass::save". Database returned error "1146: Table 'redeadplace.poll_info' doesn't exist (10.8.32.28)". -[|SuperQuack2]

Votes

Is there a way to see who voted for what? —This unsigned comment is by Ltearth (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

No, unfortunately there isn't.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  19:28,8/5/2011 

poll style

It would be great if the number of votes could be displayed behind the questions, or in front even,. Currently having a new line, AND a new white line after each question is making sure the polls are very tall. User:Zurgat/Sig 13:00, November 13, 2011 (UTC)

What Template is the Polls

What template is the polls.

MarkEvans2 18:26, December 3, 2011 (UTC)MarkEvans2