Community Central
Community Central
m (Sactage moved page Help talk:Polls to Help talk:Poll over redirect)

(7 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:

{{talkheader}}<br />

{{talkheader}}<br />
==Every time I vote in a poll==

I have a question: Every time I vote in a poll, my vote won't get counted. Why is that? Why is my vote not being counted and other users are?? [[User:Squallinoa 08|Squallinoa 08]] 05:44, 2 December 2008 (UTC)

:I'm having the same problem, as are all users on my wiki. Is there discussion of this issue somewhere? --[[User:Mnenyver|mnenyver]] 19:56, 4 December 2008 (UTC)

:did you vote twice[[User:Mousy mouse|Mousy mouse]] ([[User talk:Mousy mouse|talk]]) 02:30, April 19, 2013 (UTC)mousy mouse

== Changing the width of your polls ==

Polls are 40em wide by default. Wiki admins can make the poll widths changeable by adding

div.ajax-poll { width:auto !important ; }

to [[MediaWiki:common.css]] on your wiki. This will make all polls on your wiki be as wide as the "box" they're in, i.e. they'll usually expand to be as wide as the article body. You can now set its width by wrapping it in a div with a set width, or a table cell, or in any other layout box. Example: <pre>

<div style="width:250px;">

<poll>

How wide is this poll?

Wide

Not so wide

</poll>

</div>

</pre>

--[[User:M.mendel|◄mendel►]] 17:53, 14 January 2009 (UTC)

: Thanks :) Added! [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 17:56, 14 January 2009 (UTC)

== Polls Width ==

While on the help page for the polls it told me that I could change the width of polls to fit the "box" they are put in. I'm trying to put this box on the main page so I need it to fit a 50% box. I've done everything I think I'm supposed to but it's still not fitting inside. Is there a special place I'm supposed to put the "div.ajax-poll { width:auto !important; }" in the Common.css?--{{User:JamesTFord1987/sig}} 06:46, 27 April 2009 (UTC)

:Nevermind, all worked out.--{{User:JamesTFord1987/sig}} 22:54, 6 May 2009 (UTC)

== Wikilinks in polls? ==

Is there a way to include wikilinks in polls? When I try it, they don't show up. Thanks! —[[User:Yoda8myhead|yoda8myhead]] 07:40, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

:Every time I've tried doing this, it hasn't worked. I stopped trying. [[User:The 888th Avatar|<span style="color:darkorange;">'''Wjxhuang'''</span>]], [[w:c:avatar:User:The 888th Avatar|<span style="color:blue;">the 888th Avatar</span>]] [[User talk:The 888th Avatar|<sup><span style="color:purple;">{Talk}</span></sup>]] 13:30, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

:I am finding the same problem. Both external and wikilinks do not work. [[User:Anno1404|Anno1404]] 01:19, October 29, 2010 (UTC)

:I've gotten so far as to make the link's text show up, but the text doesn't come out as link. [[user:zaros262|zaros262]]

== Update? ==

I had heard a rumor awhile back that this extension was soon to be replaced by something spiffy and new the Wikia programmers were working on. Was any of that more than a rumor?

&mdash; [[User:Peteparker|Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218)]] <small>([[User talk:Peteparker|talk]] &bull; [[Special:Contributions/Peteparker|contribs]] &bull; [[Special:Emailuser/Peteparker|email]])</small> 21:37, May 3, 2010 (UTC)

== Polls dont work! ==

hey,i tried to create a poll and it keeps saying error:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

/*id=20100930104951*/ (SQL query hidden)

from within function "AjaxPollClass::save". Database returned error "1146: Table 'invisiblenetwork.poll_info' doesn't exist (10.8.32.28)".

i get 2 or 3 different ones!

HELP!

[[User:Aoiferocks|Aoiferocks]] 10:52, September 30, 2010 (UTC)Aoiferocks

POLLS DON'T WORK!!! A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: /*id=20101026012958*/ (SQL query hidden)from within function "AjaxPollClass::save". Database returned error "1146: Table 'redeadplace.poll_info' doesn't exist (10.8.32.28)".

-[[http://ReDeadPlace.wikia.com/ |SuperQuack2]]

== Votes ==

Is there a way to see who voted for what? <small>—This [[Help:Signature|unsigned]] comment is by [[User:Ltearth|Ltearth]] ([[User talk:Ltearth|talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/Ltearth|contribs]]). Please sign your posts with ~~<nowiki>~~</nowiki>!</small>

:No, unfortunately there isn't. {{User:Monchoman45/SigReal|19:28,8/5/2011}}

== poll style ==

It would be great if the number of votes could be displayed behind the questions, or in front even,. Currently having a new line, AND a new white line after each question is making sure the polls are very tall. {{User:Zurgat/Sig}} 13:00, November 13, 2011 (UTC)

Currently, AjaxPoll's stylesheet isn't being loaded for MonoBook. It only loads when Wikia skin is selected, and occasionally when Monobook is previewed. Possible cause is that the CSS is kept in the browser cache; refreshing removes the styles. It globally affects wikis using Monobook skin and the poll. It is supposed to load the following stylesheet: [https://svn.wikia-code.com/wikia/trunk/extensions/wikia/AjaxPoll/css/AjaxPoll.scss]

&mdash;[[User:BryghtShadow|BryghtShadow]]~[[User_talk:BryghtShadow|talk]]~[[Special:Contributions/BryghtShadow|works]]~ 08:24, January 7, 2012 (UTC)

==What Template is the Polls==

What template is the polls.

[[User:MarkEvans2|MarkEvans2]] 18:26, December 3, 2011 (UTC)MarkEvans2

== Align the poll? ==

Is there a way to align the poll to the center of the page? - [[User:Filiptamer|ФХромчик]] 14:56, March 25, 2012 (UTC)

==Poll Titles are messed up!==

When I put a title on one of my polls, it comes as one of the choices! Is there a way to fix this?

[[User:GoWeegeeGo|GoWeegeeGo]]

==thank you for helping me with this==

but what do you do to get them

== Can't vote in Polls? ==

<p style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;margin-top:0.4em;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0.5em;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">For some reason, every time I try to vote in a poll on wikis (Glee Wiki specifically), the page just refreshes and my vote is not counted. Its been happening for a few months now, and its starting to get frustrating. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful! :)</p>

<p style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;margin-top:0.4em;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0.5em;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">[[User:Josh Bullin24|Josh Bullin24]] ([[User talk:Josh Bullin24|talk]]) 18:05, May 5, 2013 (UTC)</p>

==Changing user settings of a poll.==

Is it possible to change a poll so that a single user or IP address can vote multiple times? [[User:TheGreatCanadianWookiee|TheGreatCanadianWookiee]] ([[User talk:TheGreatCanadianWookiee|talk]]) 13:22, November 6, 2013 (UTC)

:it would seem that is not currently an option. I am researching the polls right now to see if i cannot come up with a better way to do polls via css and js. [[User:Juper0| ~ Juper0]] ([[User talk:Juper0|talk]]) 08:55, January 23, 2014 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 20:55, 26 July 2017

Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!