Disabling notifications (ideally on a per-wiki basis)?[edit source]
...I feel like a right idiot, but how do I disable notifications from certain wikis? I'm getting notifications from a wiki I visited but haven't edited even once and it's admittedly rather frustrating (more for the fact that I don't understand why it's bugging me, less for the actual bothering).
Does someone know how to disable notifications for a certain wiki? Or disable them altogether? I don't really have any use for them. Sadly searching the web is failing me, but then I've never been particularly good at that.
(The immediate issue of the unwanted notifications has, of course, been solved by marking them as read, but I really don't want to be bothered like that again if it's possible.)
Question resolved in thread below.
Bottom right message[edit source]
Hey. I'm a bureaucrat from the GTA Wiki and I was just wondering how you edit the message in the lower right. I've seen it done on the Fallout Wiki to display things such as "Happy New Year" or "Merry Christmas from Nukapedia". So how would I go about doing this? LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 19:56, January 26, 2015 (UTC)
- There are a couple of ways to do that.
- One is simply to edit MediaWiki:Communitymessages-notice-msg, which changes the notification which appears whenever MediaWiki:Community-corner is edited.
- Another is to import the WikiaNotification JS from the Wikia Developers Wiki. All of the info you need to implement said JS can be found at this location.
Disabling notifications on some wikias. (not all of them)[edit source]
- Depends which notifications. The article lists four distinct types. Also, this kind of question will get more answers on the forum, provided you're more elaborate. --Tupka217 16:34, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- For me (see above), I'd be interested in getting rid of the notifications in the top-right corner. I know I can mark all as read to get rid of them once I have them, but I would really prefer just not having them.
- I guess for me it was the scenario "There is a highlighted Forum thread on the community you are currently viewing"? (It's never happened again, thankfully.)
- -pinkgothic (talk) 17:36, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- I have to admit I genuinely don't see how that's vital. It provided exactly zero information to me at the time and I haven't seen any wiki I regularly browse use this feature. I wouldn't even know for what.
- But the information that there's no way to turn it off does help me, even if it's frustrating. Thank you! :) Rapid answer much appreciated!
- -pinkgothic (talk) 18:23, February 16, 2015 (UTC)