I don't like itEdit
Frankly I think those new galleries are a kinda step back. They lack some basic customization options but here is my question:
- How do I force smaller tile size? Its idiotic to see 2 gigantic squares when i want to make a gallery composed of only 2 images. Where is the heights and widths functionality?!
Peace, Ͽ †yræl pl Ͼ 03:48, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Well it is an option, thanks for the suggestion. Although I still think some size customization should have been built in already not to force users to resort to html/css. I'm fine cos I know it okish but most of users don't... I think.
Peace, Ͽ †yræl pl Ͼ 12:02, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
Can I adjust the image cropping in the new style?
All images displayed in the new galleries are cropped square, to allow for optimal use of space. The full image can be viewed by clicking on the image.
- Depending on the image aspect ratio, letterboxing can cause a significant proportion of the thumbnail to be taken up with blank space - which generally isn't very good looking. Since galleries aren't intended as the 'main' way to see the image, we felt it would make more sense to fill up all the available space. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't make further tweaks to the cropping in future. 15:24, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
Why does it have to impact slideshows? More to the point, why would any wikia want to activate it if it’s going to convert every slideshow on the wikia to simple galleries? — SpikeToronto 04:57, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
Still in Labs? Edit
Is this feature still in beta/WikiFeatures Labs? It's been a long time since it was created, and I don't see progress in new updates. --AStranger195 (talk • contribs • guestbook) 13:59, September 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Indeed, it's still in labs/beta. It's something we're continuing to review, even if there hasn't been a lot of active development on it recently. 13:43, September 7, 2015 (UTC)
- None beyond what is already mentioned on this help page, at this current point in time. 14:27, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
Doesn't Change BackEdit
I had the new image galleries enabled on my wiki so I can use them on gallery subpages. I add
<gallery navigation="true" (other parameters...)> to disable the new image galleries on occasion, but it just removes the
navigation="true" and it changes back to these galleries. I decided to disable them so it doesn't interfere with the galleries.
- Example (in source editor)
- Code before publishing (previewing)
<gallery navigation="true" type="slideshow" widths="300">
- Code after publishing
<gallery type="slideshow" widths="300">