Community Central
Community Central
m (Ripto22475 moved page Help talk:Pònef to mobile to Help talk:Help:Intro to mobile without leaving a redirect)

(11 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:

::Have you tried adding <code>?useskin=wikiamobile</code>? I haven't heard of <code>?useformat=mobile</code> before, so it may not be valid code. [[User:Mira_Laime|Mira Laime]] <staff />  <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 11:50, September 19, 2016 (UTC)

::Have you tried adding <code>?useskin=wikiamobile</code>? I haven't heard of <code>?useformat=mobile</code> before, so it may not be valid code. [[User:Mira_Laime|Mira Laime]] <staff />  <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 11:50, September 19, 2016 (UTC)
  +
  +
:When I try appending <code>?useskin=wikiamobile</code> to the URL on my desktop computer, I get redirected to <code>?useskin=oasis</code>. Is it no longer possible to test on desktop the mobile user experience for navigating a wiki? I know we now have the mobile preview when editing pages, but I have no confidence in how accurate it is for the mobile UX, especially since the mobile preview for ''this very talk page'' only shows me the headers. [[User:CW-Eaves|CW-Eaves]] ([[User talk:CW-Eaves|talk]]) 10:00, November 12, 2019 (UTC)
  +
  +
::This is a pretty old solution that could have worked three years ago. Now, you can try using <code>?useskin=mercury</code> to see the mobile layout of the page. [[User:Mendes2|<i><u style="color:#12AA35"><span style="color:#12AA35; font-size:22px">რპიδპა2</span></u></i>]] <sup><sup><sup><span style="border-bottom:1px solid green; border-top:1px solid red; border-left:1px solid orange; border-right:1px solid orange; border-radius: 8px 8px 8px 8px; padding:0.4px; padding-left:3px; padding-right:3px">[[User talk:Mendes2|<span style="color:#DE1426">MW/Talk</span>]] x [[Special:Contributions/Mendes2|<span style="color:#EEC500"><abbr title="Local contributions">Cont</abbr></span>]][[Special:Editcount/Mendes2|<span style="color:#5213DB"><abbr title="Editcount">ribs</abbr></span>]] x [[w:|<span style="color:#cd7f32"><abbr title="Community Central">Con</abbr></span>]][[w:c:scottsterlingsface|<span style="color:#ffc565"><abbr title="Studio C Wikia">tact</abbr></span>]] [[w:c:olympics|<span style="color:#c0c0c0"><abbr title="Olympics Wiki">Me</abbr></span>]]</span></sup></sup></sup> 14:20, November 12, 2019 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::Thanks. That works (and the headers are actually expandable, unlike the mobile version of the edit preview!). I realized it was a 7+ year old solution, but nothing more recent had been given in this article or talk page. I actually stumbled across the <code>?useskin=mercury</code> solution on the article page for [[Help:Avoiding nested tables|avoiding nested tables]] just now. While it makes sense in hindsight, that is not a place I would have thought of. Would make sense, I think, to include it in this article as well. [[User:CW-Eaves|CW-Eaves]] ([[User talk:CW-Eaves|talk]]) 10:12, November 19, 2019 (UTC)

==Detecting Mobile View==

==Detecting Mobile View==
Line 17: Line 23:

I have a problem: I recently switched to "View Full Site" mode on my phone and do not know how to get back to mobile view. Can someone tell me how? Thank you.[[User:DavidTinyauNg2000|DavidTinyauNg2000]] ([[User talk:DavidTinyauNg2000|talk]]) 05:16, December 2, 2016 (UTC)

I have a problem: I recently switched to "View Full Site" mode on my phone and do not know how to get back to mobile view. Can someone tell me how? Thank you.[[User:DavidTinyauNg2000|DavidTinyauNg2000]] ([[User talk:DavidTinyauNg2000|talk]]) 05:16, December 2, 2016 (UTC)
  +
  +
==View full site==
  +
The "''View Full Site''" option is not working. At least no for [http://kingdomthegame.wikia.com this wikia]. [[User:SapadorCastelo|Sapador Castelo]] ([[User talk:SapadorCastelo|talk]]) 04:19, May 22, 2018 (UTC)
  +
:Hey! It's working for me on my Android phone (Chrome) and on my desktop (also Chrome). What browser/OS do you use? <span style="border-radius:2px;padding:5px 7px;background:#37f">[[User:Noreplyz|<font color="#fff">'''no'''</font>]][[User talk:Noreplyz|<font color="#fff">'''replyz'''</font>]]</span> 11:43, May 22, 2018 (UTC)
  +
::If you're still having the same problem, feel free to send us the details (which browser you're using, if you've tried any others, etc.) via [[Special:Contact/bug]], so we can take a look at this! [[User:Mira_Laime|Mira Laime]] <staff />  <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 16:11, May 28, 2018 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Cannot search while on Full Site, new toolbar broken? ==
  +
  +
It seems that with the new Wikia bar at the top, mobile users can't search anymore while on "full site". In fact, only he logo appears, not a single button to press is displayed. I am on an Android phone, using Google Chrome. --[[User:Lukas Exemplar|Lukas Exemplar]] ([[User talk:Lukas Exemplar|talk]]) 18:17, July 16, 2018 (UTC)
  +
  +
:Perhaps [[Thread:1483727|this]] answers your question? [[User:Mira_Laime|Mira Laime]] <staff />  <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 20:58, July 16, 2018 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Does anyone test Fandom sites on iPhones? ==
  +
Does anyone actually do beta testing of sites on iPhones? I haven't been able to properly access a Fandom site in months because after the site loads whatever ad is on the page proceeds to shade the rest of the page, rendering links inoperative, the text almost unreadable and with no way to dismiss the ad. This happens consistently to the point where I only ever access the site using my desktop Mac, where the ad doesn't interfere with viewing. [[User:23skidoo|23skidoo]] ([[User talk:23skidoo|talk]]) 03:30, December 10, 2019 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 03:30, 10 December 2019

Link to the mobile skin[]

I think it would be a good idea to add a link to the mobile skin like this. It's hard to find the way to test the mobile version on a desktop computer. Ftiercel 20:27, October 8, 2012 (UTC)

I totally understand. We've been thinking of putting a mobile skin preview in the desktop editor to solve this problem. For now, simply appending ?useskin=wikiamobile to the URL is all we can do. Thanks for your feedback! --Stanley 00:32, October 12, 2012 (UTC)

This help page says there's a link to mobile, but I can't find it. And ?useformat=mobile doesn't work. I'm now stuck on the desktop site unless I delete all my cookies, which I'm reluctant to do. Hairy Dude (talk) 11:33, September 17, 2016 (UTC)
Have you tried adding ?useskin=wikiamobile? I haven't heard of ?useformat=mobile before, so it may not be valid code. Mira Laime  (help forum | blog) 11:50, September 19, 2016 (UTC)
When I try appending ?useskin=wikiamobile to the URL on my desktop computer, I get redirected to ?useskin=oasis. Is it no longer possible to test on desktop the mobile user experience for navigating a wiki? I know we now have the mobile preview when editing pages, but I have no confidence in how accurate it is for the mobile UX, especially since the mobile preview for this very talk page only shows me the headers. CW-Eaves (talk) 10:00, November 12, 2019 (UTC)
This is a pretty old solution that could have worked three years ago. Now, you can try using ?useskin=mercury to see the mobile layout of the page. რპიδპა2 MW/Talk x Contribs x Contact Me 14:20, November 12, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks. That works (and the headers are actually expandable, unlike the mobile version of the edit preview!). I realized it was a 7+ year old solution, but nothing more recent had been given in this article or talk page. I actually stumbled across the ?useskin=mercury solution on the article page for avoiding nested tables just now. While it makes sense in hindsight, that is not a place I would have thought of. Would make sense, I think, to include it in this article as well. CW-Eaves (talk) 10:12, November 19, 2019 (UTC)

Detecting Mobile View[]

Is it possible for a template to know whether mobile view is used? For example, a function which returns true is mobile view is used. --Q-orca (talk) 04:35, February 14, 2016 (UTC)

No, there isn't, unfortunately. Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)

Switch Back to Mobile View[]

I have a problem: I recently switched to "View Full Site" mode on my phone and do not know how to get back to mobile view. Can someone tell me how? Thank you.DavidTinyauNg2000 (talk) 05:16, December 2, 2016 (UTC)

View full site[]

The "View Full Site" option is not working. At least no for this wikia. Sapador Castelo (talk) 04:19, May 22, 2018 (UTC)

Hey! It's working for me on my Android phone (Chrome) and on my desktop (also Chrome). What browser/OS do you use? noreplyz 11:43, May 22, 2018 (UTC)
If you're still having the same problem, feel free to send us the details (which browser you're using, if you've tried any others, etc.) via Special:Contact/bug, so we can take a look at this! Mira Laime  (help forum | blog) 16:11, May 28, 2018 (UTC)

Cannot search while on Full Site, new toolbar broken?[]

It seems that with the new Wikia bar at the top, mobile users can't search anymore while on "full site". In fact, only he logo appears, not a single button to press is displayed. I am on an Android phone, using Google Chrome. --Lukas Exemplar (talk) 18:17, July 16, 2018 (UTC)

Perhaps this answers your question? Mira Laime  (help forum | blog) 20:58, July 16, 2018 (UTC)

Does anyone test Fandom sites on iPhones?[]

Does anyone actually do beta testing of sites on iPhones? I haven't been able to properly access a Fandom site in months because after the site loads whatever ad is on the page proceeds to shade the rest of the page, rendering links inoperative, the text almost unreadable and with no way to dismiss the ad. This happens consistently to the point where I only ever access the site using my desktop Mac, where the ad doesn't interfere with viewing. 23skidoo (talk) 03:30, December 10, 2019 (UTC)