Help with boxes[edit source]
I'm probably being really stupid, but I need some help!
At Mornington Crescent Wiki I would like to use an input box to start a new game. The games are in the Mornington Crescent: namespace, and are identified by the names of the players playing the game.
I would also like some preloaded text within the page, and the input box fills in blanks etc. Also, on the games, I would like an input box to play the next move.
Is any of that possible?
Please let me know!
Help:Preloaded template[edit source]
I tried that link. Page does not exist. Robin Patterson 02:16, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- This is true - the apparent blue link is due to the way shared help works. I have created remaining articles as stubs, and listed them here. Kirkburn (talk) 18:46, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
The search inputbox has 2 buttons on it, each labelled differently...except as far as I can tell the 2 buttons each do the exact same thing. This seems messed-up. According to another user, the inputbox extension on wikia is old and this has been fixed in the more recent extension.
--Jason C.K. 01:05, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- We've updated the inputbox extension, but the search boxes are still the same. As far as I know, the first link "Try exact match" will take you the closest page match - or the search page if that fails. "Search full text" always uses the search page. Kirkburn (talk) 23:48, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, they now work as they're "supposed to". Previously both buttons always did the same thing. Now they work as described, exact match vs. full text
- --Jason C.K. 21:40, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Not working[edit source]
Parameter "bgcolor" for CreateBox?[edit source]
The page gives a code example using the parameter "bgcolor" for "CreateBox". But MW:Extension:CreateBox doesn't mention that parameter. "InputBox" supports "bgcolor", but "CreateBox" doesn't. Or am I wrong? --Weas-El ✉ 18:26, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
Is it possible to modify the box so that when pressed, it will add text to an already existing section of choice? Kamikaze839 20:56, November 23, 2013 (UTC)
Adding comment boxes to pages?[edit source]
I want to add comment boxes to forum pages on my dpl forums so they behave more like traditional forums. I was hoping to insert a comment box into the template used for new forum pages, but cannot figure out how to get the code to work. Mediawiki just lists the code as </comments>, which isn't working? Is there some way to insert comment boxes on wikia? KyuKyu (talk) 05:03, April 29, 2017 (UTC)
- Look at the:
- I saw:
Is it a bug? --Fallen TankChat My channel 09:19, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, it is a bug. It's best to report it via Special:Contact/bug. 12:10, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Indeed, this is a known bug. We have a ticket in our system about it, but this particular scenario is a bit unusual, so it's not a priority ticket at this time. 20:21, July 19, 2018 (UTC)