- 1 Enable/disable comments
- 2 Warning message
- 3 Comment replies notifications
- 4 User talk pages
- 5 Enabling comments for a particular namespace
- 6 How to reply to a reply?
- 7 Main page
- 8 Advertising on this Site Sucks
- 9 Only allowing registered users to comment
- 10 Editing comments
- 11 Login required
- 12 Enabling replies on dpl forums?
- 13 Adding a button to flag comment as inapropriate
- 14 How can you add comments when you're on the phone?
- 15 Can comments be moved?
- 16 Post on an article
- 17 Recent Comments
- 18 How Can I Comment?
- 19 How Do I Make My Wiki Require People To Log In To Comment?
- 20 Cannot add comment to the article
- 21 Can't edit my own comments
- 22 comments help.
- 23 I can not turn on comments for my Wiki
- 24 Can't vote
- 25 Templates in Comments
- 26 Disable comments on a single article
- 27 Deleted Comments
Enable/disable comments[edit source]
How do you stop comments on articles?Paulfirmin 22:31, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Currently, you can not prevent comments on one article, but you can stop them on blog posts by unchecking the commenting box when you are editing your blog post. --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:45, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
I want to disable comments on article --Saturngod 04:06, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
- If community decides it does not want comments on their article pages, they can be disabled by staff by sending an email to Special:contact. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:45, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
If your wiki has talk pages for every article, is it possible to change it to bottom of the page comments?07:16, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, you can send a message to Special:Contact and Wikia will give you comments instead of talk pages.
Warning message[edit source]
Hello, I want to add a warning message to prevent abuse from people who comment on my wiki. --Vic201401 01:58, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
Comment replies notifications[edit source]
Probably shouldnt be asking this here, but how do I get notifications of replies to my comments? I connected using FB if thats any help. -- geeneeyes 16:53, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
User talk pages[edit source]
Enabling comments for a particular namespace[edit source]
Is it possible to enable comments for one namespace, but leave it disabled for others? I'm an admin from Anne of Green Gables Wiki and the general consensus is that we much prefer talk pages to article comments (though we have message walls enabled). But I noticed that blog posts have comments instead of talk pages. Is there a way to enable comments for a particular namespace but leave talk pages on the rest? *Ginny*leave a message 02:28, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, Comments can be enabled for specific namespaces by Wikia staff. Please write in to Special:Contact with the details of your request. It's good to have community consensus about this type of change, of course.
- --BertH (help forum | blog) 18:19, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
How to reply to a reply?[edit source]
Main page[edit source]
Advertising on this Site Sucks[edit source]
Too many advertisings on this site...loads the computers down and insults our capabilities to get information. Just saying...enuf is enuf! Stop being greedy or no one will come! —This unsigned comment is by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14 September 2013. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Advertisements pay for Wikia to exist. But this isn't a suggestion for improvement to the "Help:Comments" article, so it's a concern better voiced on the forum. Thisismyrofl (talk) 04:44, September 14, 2013 (UTC)
Only allowing registered users to comment[edit source]
Editing comments[edit source]
I come from Death Battle Fanon Wiki. How do you edit comments? 220.127.116.11 16:47, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
- You can edit your own article/blog comment usually by hovering over it (in the comments section) then a small "edit" icon will appear with a pencil next to it. Click the edit text. – Ozuzanna 16:50, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Login required[edit source]
Help, i can't comment!!! When i scroll down to the comments section i see no box and just a message that says "Please log in to post a comment on this wiki.".
What do i do? I seen people who didn't have an account comment before!!! So how can i comment?!!! 18.104.22.168 19:28, April 17, 2017 (UTC)
- One of the Admins or Bureucrats should put off the Anonymus Edits.--CavaX 19:31, April 17, 2017 (UTC)
Enabling replies on dpl forums?[edit source]
I'm trying to format my wiki-style forums so that the thread pages include reply boxes. Is it possible to add comment boxes & functions to these pages through a template or something? KyuKyu (talk) 00:09, April 29, 2017 (UTC)
It would be nice to have a button to be able to flag a comment to be reviewed by a moderator, with possibly a textbox to specify what's the problem, if not obvious. Aylatan (talk) 10:03, June 6, 2017 (UTC)
How can you add comments when you're on the phone?[edit source]
I remembered the time when I saw someone comment that they should delete the unessesary page, but they can't edit when they're on their phone.
- Hey - right now the only way to comment on your phone is to use the browser's "Show desktop site" - you'll be able to edit and delete comments via that. talk 07:06, June 18, 2017 (UTC)
Can comments be moved?[edit source]
- Moving comments aren't supported. 00:07, December 25, 2017 (UTC)
Post on an article[edit source]
ScruffymewYTScruffymewyt (talk) I cant post on an article and Idk why. It says You cannot post on this article is it because of my account age? Plus there is alot of comments even though some were about 1 minuete ago.
- Hey ScruffymewYT, where are you trying to post a comment? The wiki you're editing may have an abuse filter which could be preventing your comment. 00:07, December 25, 2017 (UTC)
Recent Comments[edit source]
I'd like to know if you could have something like the Recent Activity list except there are recent comments since I do not get notifications for comments and there are constant updates on pages, I miss a lot of comments. Thank you, SascaWolf (talk) 00:12, February 18, 2018 (UTC)
- I think you can use <activityfeed exclude="user, main" /> , for more help Help:Wiki_Activity/tag 00:35, February 18, 2018 (UTC)
How Can I Comment?[edit source]
I Can't Comment! Here: -------> http://rainbowmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Ruby_the_Red_Fairy When I Scroll Down To The Comment Section, I See No Box & Just A Message That Says Please log in to post a comment on this wiki. What Do I Do? I See Some Comments Posted By People Without Accounts! How Can I Comment? —This unsigned comment is by 22.214.171.124 (talk) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Some wikis have disabled the commenting feature to anonymous editors; you have to log in and comment. You see anon comments because those were posted before the feature was disabled. 126.96.36.199 21:20, November 13, 2018 (UTC)
How Do I Make My Wiki Require People To Log In To Comment?[edit source]
How Do I Make My Wiki Require People To Log In To Comment? For Example, When Someone Scrolls Down To The Comment Section, There Would Be No Box & Just A Message That Says Please log in to post a comment on this wiki.. —This unsigned comment is by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 12 June 2018. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- You can't. Because you need administrator rights to modify the wiki features, and that's going to be impossible for someone that doesn't even have an account to use. You'd have to contact the administrators of that wiki on another wiki that does allow anonymous editing, though it's unlikely that they'll allow anonymous editing just because you ask them to. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 09:06, June 13, 2018 (UTC)
Cannot add comment to the article[edit source]
I need help. Everytime I go to comment on a wiki, it says, "You cannot add a comment to the article." I have an Fandom account (and I believe it is verified), and I am not blocked from anywhere. Could someone explain this to me? If this can be fixed, how to fix it? ThisIsGreatness (talk) 20:30, June 21, 2018 (UTC)ThisIsGreatness
Can't edit my own comments[edit source]
On my comment (on a message wall), when I hover over More, it only shows Hstory. I do not see Edit anywhere. Can anonymous editors edit their comments? 184.108.40.206 12:13, November 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Anonymous users can't edit their own comments.User:Yuusuke Takazaki/S|13:09, November 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I am curious about this actually, why can't they? Anonymous or not, it's still their own comment and I believe they have the right to. I'm not trying to request or anything, but I'm asking why it's like that. I would appreciate any helpful feedback, thanks. 220.127.116.11 21:14, November 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Unlike passworded Registered accounts with Usernames, Anon contributions are done under the IP they connect with at a particular date and time. Because IPs *can* change, sometimes when the device is turned off and back on, there is no guarantee the next time that IP connects to FANDOM that it is the same user. So, no editing IP/Anon comments. Love Robin (talk) 23:41, November 16, 2019 (UTC)
comments help.[edit source]
Whenever I delete a comment, it looks like this: "This answer has been removed" I hate being there how do I remove it ??? —This unsigned comment is by Alfa2010aj (wall • contribs) 16 November 2019. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Are you talking about where you have removed a thread, it shows that message? It let others know that people have replied to a thread but remove it afterwards, and will show in the thread history. There is AjaxThreadDelete which allows you to completely delete it (without removing it and/or closing it).
- —This unsigned comment is by Superwatery (wall • contribs) 16 November 2019. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I can not turn on comments for my Wiki[edit source]
- Article comments are not yet available on wikis created after March 2020. They probably will be available in the future, as part of UCP. რპიδპა2
Can't vote[edit source]
Templates in Comments[edit source]
I just noticed this change in the comments and now I'm no longer able to use some templates in the comment section. Was this intentionally removed or is there a way to allow templates that I am not aware of? User:Double Slap/sig 23:41, November 2, 2020 (UTC)
Disable comments on a single article[edit source]
Is there any method to disable comments on a single article like This page.
Plz answer this
- Yes, you can use the stylesheet LockComments written by JustLeafy. ~Creeper (T • C • G) 07:42, November 5, 2020 (UTC)
Deleted Comments[edit source]
Ever since the update I noticed deleted comments simply appear greyed out with a red notice thingy and a little 'Deleted by Wildheart970'
I run an otome wiki and we see a lot of trolls and inappropriate comments. Is their any way to actually competely delete these comments? ~ Wild 07:52, December 18, 2020 (UTC)