Community Central
Community Central
m (Reverted edits by 194.8.135.20 (talk | block) to last version by Sarah Manley)
(29 intermediate revisions by 20 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{talkheader}}<br/>
+
{{talkheader}}<br />

== DB Dumps ==

== DB Dumps ==
Are blog articles and comments backed up in DB Dumps? If so, how do they interact with vanilla MediaWiki installations when imported? If not, is there a separate backup system for them? -[[User:Afker|Afker]] <sup>''[[Special:Contributions/Afker|All]] [[user talk:Afker|hail]] [[w:c:AliceSoft|AliceSoft]]!''</sup> 17:56, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
+
Are blog articles and comments backed up in DB Dumps? If so, how do they interact with vanilla MediaWiki installations when imported? If not, is there a separate backup system for them? -[[User:Afker|Afker]] <sup>''[[Special:Contributions/Afker|All]] [[user talk:Afker|hail]] [[w:c:AliceSoft|AliceSoft]]!''</sup> 17:56, 3 December 2008 (UTC)

:They're just extra namespaces, so they shouldn't disappear anywhere. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 19:14, 3 December 2008 (UTC)

:They're just extra namespaces, so they shouldn't disappear anywhere. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 19:14, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Line 10: Line 10:

I tweaked the section because if you try to:

#Hit '''Delete'''

#Hit '''Delete'''
#Don't use index.php?title=
+
#Don't use index.php?title=

you will get redirected.

you will get redirected.
Line 24: Line 24:

In Blogs.css, the "div.wk_blogs_post .wk_blogs_summary" selector unnecessarily sets the font color to black when the background is left unspecified.

In Blogs.css, the "div.wk_blogs_post .wk_blogs_summary" selector unnecessarily sets the font color to black when the background is left unspecified.

This does nothing for wikis that don't customize their colors, and adds extra work for admins of every single wiki that uses a dark background theme. I'd advocate either remove the font color rule or force a light-colored background under the same selector, instead of having admins of each dark-background wiki override it themselves. -[[User:Afker|Afker]] <sup>''[[Special:Contributions/Afker|All]] [[user talk:Afker|hail]] [[w:c:AliceSoft|AliceSoft]]!''</sup> 22:42, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
+
This does nothing for wikis that don't customize their colors, and adds extra work for admins of every single wiki that uses a dark background theme. I'd advocate either remove the font color rule or force a light-colored background under the same selector, instead of having admins of each dark-background wiki override it themselves. -[[User:Afker|Afker]] <sup>''[[Special:Contributions/Afker|All]] [[user talk:Afker|hail]] [[w:c:AliceSoft|AliceSoft]]!''</sup> 22:42, 23 December 2008 (UTC)

: I will pass it on, thanks! [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 17:12, 29 December 2008 (UTC)

: I will pass it on, thanks! [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 17:12, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Line 43: Line 43:

== Blog bugs ==

== Blog bugs ==

Hi, I've noticed a couple of bugs with blogging.

* 1) Usernames with apostrophes create SQL errors. See [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:Jacob%27s_Mama|this example]].
+
* 1) Usernames with apostrophes create SQL errors. See [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:Jacob's_Mama|this example]].
* 2) I noticed a problem report for this same user blog. Instead of linking to the post in question, it went to User_blog:user_blog. See [[w:c:lostpedia:Special:ProblemReports/19290|this example]]. It's linking to [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:User_blog:Jacob's_Mama/Women_with_Sack_on_head_in_Previews_is_"_Libby"|this]] instead of [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:Jacob's_Mama/Women_with_Sack_on_head_in_Previews_is_"_Libby"|this]].
+
* 2) I noticed a problem report for this same user blog. Instead of linking to the post in question, it went to User_blog:user_blog. See [[w:c:lostpedia:Special:ProblemReports/19290|this example]]. It's linking to [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:User_blog:Jacob's_Mama/Women_with_Sack_on_head_in_Previews_is_"_Libby"|this]] instead of [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:Jacob's_Mama/Women_with_Sack_on_head_in_Previews_is_"_Libby"|this]].
  +
* 3) Cannot see your blog posts on your profile.
Thanks! --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] 21:49, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
+
Thanks! --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] 21:49, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

:The first bug should be fixed. I'll pass on the second. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 00:08, 6 March 2009 (UTC)

:The first bug should be fixed. I'll pass on the second. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 00:08, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
::Thanks, just discovered another one that might be related to the apostrophe issue. The Jacob's Mama blog has a link to "older posts" even though there aren't any. See [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:Jacob%27s_Mama|this example]]. --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] 17:38, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
+
::Thanks, just discovered another one that might be related to the apostrophe issue. The Jacob's Mama blog has a link to "older posts" even though there aren't any. See [[w:c:lostpedia:User_blog:Jacob's_Mama|this example]]. --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] 17:38, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
  +
  +

===Bloggers not welcomed!===

===Bloggers not welcomed!===
Line 62: Line 65:

:1) Enable an option to Hide blog posts and comments in the recent changes list

:1) Enable an option to Hide blog posts and comments in the recent changes list

:2) Enable functionality to have an e-mail message sent to the blogger when someone posts a comment to their blog.

:2) Enable functionality to have an e-mail message sent to the blogger when someone posts a comment to their blog.
Please advise or let me know if there is a better place to post these requests.. Thanks, --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:Jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] ([[w:c:lostpedia:User_talk:Jabrwocky7|talk]]) 19:30, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
+
Please advise or let me know if there is a better place to post these requests.. Thanks, --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:Jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] ([[w:c:lostpedia:User_talk:Jabrwocky7|talk]]) 19:30, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
:: These are both great ideas, and have been added to the list. We will look enabling "Watchlist" to detect new comments. I will let you know when we have a better time estimate [[w:User:Angies|angies]]<staff /> ([[w:User talk:Angies|talk]]) 17:39, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
+
:: These are both great ideas, and have been added to the list. We will look enabling "Watchlist" to detect new comments. I will let you know when we have a better time estimate [[w:User:Angies|angies]]<staff /> ([[w:User talk:Angies|talk]]) 17:39, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
:::Any movement on this? Users at Lostpedia are still asking about it. --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:Jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] 18:43, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
+
:::Any movement on this? Users at Lostpedia are still asking about it. --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:Jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] 18:43, 30 April 2009 (UTC)

::::We haven't had a chance to work on them yet, but they're still on our list. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 12:22, 1 May 2009 (UTC)

::::We haven't had a chance to work on them yet, but they're still on our list. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 12:22, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
:::::Any progress? --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:Jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] ([[w:c:lostpedia:User_talk:Jabrwocky7|talk]]) 03:30, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
+
:::::Any progress? --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:Jabrwocky7|jabrwocky7]] ([[w:c:lostpedia:User_talk:Jabrwocky7|talk]]) 03:30, November 24, 2009 (UTC)

:::::We're still waiting. --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:cgmv123|cgmv123]] ([[w:c:lostpedia:User_talk:cgmv123|talk]]) 22:50, January 25, 2010 (UTC)

:::::We're still waiting. --[[w:c:lostpedia:User:cgmv123|cgmv123]] ([[w:c:lostpedia:User_talk:cgmv123|talk]]) 22:50, January 25, 2010 (UTC)

Line 228: Line 231:

== Blog:Recent posts ==

== Blog:Recent posts ==

The message that was sent to users on the Final Fantasy Wiki included a link to the page, [[Blog:Recent posts]], but it was a red link and the page had to be created. Is this intentional? {{user: Eric Ryan Jones}} 18:18, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
+
The message that was sent to users on the Final Fantasy Wiki included a link to the page, [[Blog:Recent posts]], but it was a red link and the page had to be created. Is this intentional? {{user: Eric Ryan Jones}} 18:18, 8 July 2009 (UTC)

:Thanks for creating it - I'm not sure why it would have missed your wiki. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 14:22, 9 July 2009 (UTC)

:Thanks for creating it - I'm not sure why it would have missed your wiki. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 14:22, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Line 247: Line 250:

Section '''[[Help:Blog_article#Comments]]''' describes the URL to a specific comment as including <code><nowiki><COMMENTER>-<TIMESTAMP>&redirect=no</nowiki></code>

Section '''[[Help:Blog_article#Comments]]''' describes the URL to a specific comment as including <code><nowiki><COMMENTER>-<TIMESTAMP>&redirect=no</nowiki></code>
* Ideally I would just select the <nowiki><username> <timestamp></nowiki> (e.g. <tt>Najevi 10:50, 2009 September 24</tt>) that appears above a comment and replace the space between <nowiki><username> and <timestamp></nowiki> with a hypen, however that does not work.
+
* Ideally I would just select the <nowiki><username> <timestamp></nowiki> (e.g. <tt>Najevi 10:50, 2009 September 24</tt>) that appears above a comment and replace the space between <nowiki><username> and <timestamp></nowiki> with a hypen, however that does not work.

* Inspecting the pagesource I find each blog comment has a name using YYYYMMDDHHmmSS timestamp format but that does not work either. e.g. <code>http://www.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Toughpigs/My_Home_--_new_feature_launches_on_Wednesday/Najevi-20090924105029&redirect=no&action=delete</code>

* Inspecting the pagesource I find each blog comment has a name using YYYYMMDDHHmmSS timestamp format but that does not work either. e.g. <code>http://www.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Toughpigs/My_Home_--_new_feature_launches_on_Wednesday/Najevi-20090924105029&redirect=no&action=delete</code>

Line 260: Line 263:

http://www.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_blog:Toughpigs/My_Home_--_new_feature_launches_on_Wednesday/Najevi-20090924105029&redirect=no

http://www.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_blog:Toughpigs/My_Home_--_new_feature_launches_on_Wednesday/Najevi-20090924105029&redirect=no

+
;A permalink to each comment is needed
;A permalink to each comment is needed: Since the seconds are not displayed in the '''visible''' time/date-stamp I suggest that either seconds become displayed or (''preferably'') the visible time/date-stamp be made a link to the <code>&redirect=no</code> instance of the comment page. Either way, an easier method for accessing the source code for the current comment is needed.
+
: Since the seconds are not displayed in the '''visible''' time/date-stamp I suggest that either seconds become displayed or (''preferably'') the visible time/date-stamp be made a link to the <code>&redirect=no</code> instance of the comment page. Either way, an easier method for accessing the source code for the current comment is needed.

;Users need to be able to delete their own comment: The <code>&action='''delete'''</code> does not let you delete your own comment(s) unless you have sysop privileges.
+
;Users need to be able to delete their own comment
  +
: The <code>&action='''delete'''</code> does not let you delete your own comment(s) unless you have sysop privileges.

-- najevi 07:42, November 24, 2009 (UTC)

Line 268: Line 273:

== Blog categories broken ==

== Blog categories broken ==

I've noticed that categories aren't working right on the blog feature at [[w:c:pathfinder|PathfinderWiki]]. When making a new blog post, I have to enter in the categories manually instead of with the usual category box at the bottom of the edit window. That's fine, and I don't mind doing it. But whenever a blog post gets edited, all the category calls get removed, so unless an editor makes sure to manually add all the categories each time they edit a blog entry, they end up getting dropped from the various blog listings that they were intended to show up on, like news, editing help, community updates, etc. I imagine this isn't a unique problem to our project, but hoped its being worked on or that there's a quick fix for it. Thanks! &mdash; [[User:Yoda8myhead|yoda8myhead]] 05:55, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
+
I've noticed that categories aren't working right on the blog feature at [[w:c:pathfinder|PathfinderWiki]]. When making a new blog post, I have to enter in the categories manually instead of with the usual category box at the bottom of the edit window. That's fine, and I don't mind doing it. But whenever a blog post gets edited, all the category calls get removed, so unless an editor makes sure to manually add all the categories each time they edit a blog entry, they end up getting dropped from the various blog listings that they were intended to show up on, like news, editing help, community updates, etc. I imagine this isn't a unique problem to our project, but hoped its being worked on or that there's a quick fix for it. Thanks! &mdash; [[User:Yoda8myhead|yoda8myhead]] 05:55, December 14, 2009 (UTC)

== Blog listing pages ==

== Blog listing pages ==
Line 280: Line 285:

::Thank you for the reassurance, and I'm sure you know what "simple front for the bloglist ability" means, but it means nothing to me and doesn't get me any closer to the heart of the mystery. I look forward to clearer explanation following the further "work on the concept". Wikia blogs look like a splendid idea and I've started using them, but "blog listing pages" seem quite definitely to be not capable of doing what the documentation suggests that they can do, which is to collect only chosen blogs under a specific title, rather like a category. — [[User:Robin Patterson|Robin Patterson]] [[User talk:Robin Patterson|(Talk)]] 12:23, January 13, 2010 (UTC)

::Thank you for the reassurance, and I'm sure you know what "simple front for the bloglist ability" means, but it means nothing to me and doesn't get me any closer to the heart of the mystery. I look forward to clearer explanation following the further "work on the concept". Wikia blogs look like a splendid idea and I've started using them, but "blog listing pages" seem quite definitely to be not capable of doing what the documentation suggests that they can do, which is to collect only chosen blogs under a specific title, rather like a category. — [[User:Robin Patterson|Robin Patterson]] [[User talk:Robin Patterson|(Talk)]] 12:23, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
== How do you delete a blog post? ==
  +
  +
I need to delete one quick.
  +
:You need to ask our local admins to help you. If you post the link here - I can review for you. --[[User:Sarah Manley|Sarah]]<staff /> <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 16:11, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
http://jabei.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AlexPrivate?page=7
  +
  +
== Request to delete blog listing ==
  +
  +
Hi,
  +
  +
Wikia seriously need to add deletion option for blog listing, it's quite annoying if the admin(s) can't delete it.
  +
  +
Can you delete this blog listing?. http://sealonline.wikia.com/wiki/Blog:News
  +
  +
--[[User Talk:Livedlooz|<font style="color:#b01bdb;">Livedlooz</font>]] 14:17, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
http://backyardmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Untitled
  +
  +
http://backyardmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Untitleds
  +
  +
http://backyardmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Joshua_Anthony_C._Ni%C3%B1alga/Golden_Victory_Totem
  +
  +
Delete this please:http://epicrapbattlesofhistory.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Orbitball/Stop_Spamming
  +
  +
==Closing blogs==
  +
How does one close a blog so people cannot comment? Thanks! [[User:Rchie743|Rchie743]]
  +
:Edit it and click the checkbox next to "Commenting". If there is no checkmark in that box, people won't be able to leave comments. ~[[User:Bobogoobo|Bobogoobo]] ([[User talk:Bobogoobo|talk]]) 03:57, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
  +
::Thank you! -[[User:Rchie743|Rchie743]]
  +
  +
==Blog Problems==
  +
  +
1) When I rename the blog, it becomes a new wikia contributor such as [//thefutureofeuropes.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/The_Day_we_fight_back http://thefutureofeuropes.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/The_Day_we_fight_back]
  +
  +
2) I cannot see blogs on my profile\
  +
  +
==Recent Blogs not displaying==
  +
  +
About 50% of the time when I go to view Recent Posts, I get an empty page with none of the blogs displayed. Really sick of this.
  +
  +
[[User:Guygombaa|&#124;Peace out&#124; ~ Guygombaa]] ([[User talk:Guygombaa|talk]]) 03:31, November 10, 2018 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Notficiation info ==
  +
  +
There should be some notification info about how comments and comment replies don't notify you unlike Forum or Discussions, so Blogs may be a bad choice for both blog authors and those who want to get notifications based on comments or replies to comments. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 3 Jul 2019 4:42 PM Pacific
  +
  +
== help needed ==
  +
  +
when i create my link it says i have to go through capcha. what do i do? i tried and nothing worked. [[User:Donlandryii89|Donlandryii89]] ([[User talk:Donlandryii89|talk]]) 11:31, October 19, 2019 (UTC)
  +
:Hi, captchas are a way of reducing spam on Fandom wikis. You need to follow the instructions if asked to complete it. There's more information here: [[Help:Captcha]] [[User:Noreplyz|<span style="color:#fff;border-radius:2px;padding:5px 7px;background:#37f">'''noreplyz'''</span>]] [[User talk:Noreplyz|talk]] 13:37, October 19, 2019 (UTC)

Revision as of 13:37, 19 October 2019

Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

DB Dumps

Are blog articles and comments backed up in DB Dumps? If so, how do they interact with vanilla MediaWiki installations when imported? If not, is there a separate backup system for them? -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 17:56, 3 December 2008 (UTC)

They're just extra namespaces, so they shouldn't disappear anywhere. Kirkburn (talk) 19:14, 3 December 2008 (UTC)

Deleting comments

1. Hit Delete
  2. Don't use index.php?title=

you will get redirected.

Delete will redirect you because it doesn't use index.php. And you must use index.php because mediawiki will not allow you to do ?action=delete?redirect=no under a /wiki/ url. --Charitwo (talk) 17:02, 4 December 2008 (UTC)

And that's why I wrote ?action=delete&redirect=no :P Anyway, thanks! Kirkburn (talk) 17:38, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
Actually, you originally had only ?redirect=no. Which implies they have to click Delete which doesn't work. You didn't add &action=delete until after I started playing around with the functionality at gaming :) --Charitwo (talk) 19:16, 4 December 2008 (UTC)

CSS

This does nothing for wikis that don't customize their colors, and adds extra work for admins of every single wiki that uses a dark background theme. I'd advocate either remove the font color rule or force a light-colored background under the same selector, instead of having admins of each dark-background wiki override it themselves. -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 22:42, 23 December 2008 (UTC)

I will pass it on, thanks! Kirkburn (talk) 17:12, 29 December 2008 (UTC)

When and How

Can those with a wikia.com wiki use the blog features yet? Is there a sandbox for testing the blog page namespace at wikia now? When might this feature be enabled on all the wikia wikis? How is a request made to get this working on a wiki? Rauterkus 17:03, 5 January 2009 (UTC)

It is currently active on several Wikia wikis, including swfanon, gaming and entertainment. You can take a look there, or you can try a bit of testing on http://communitytest.wikia.com/ :) We're still working on getting the feature into a situation where we're comfortable rolling it out more widely - however, we do take requests. If you have one, give me a ping on my talk page. Kirkburn (talk) 14:08, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
Is there already a date or something for when it's gonna be avaiable in all wikis? Days, weeks, months, years? I really liked and I can't wait for it =P --A.new.way 22:41, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
It is basically currently available on request, but expect a wider rollout over the next month or so. Kirkburn (talk) 17:52, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
uh, thanks --A.new.way 20:23, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
On request meaning: admins can use Special:Contact to request it :) Kirkburn (talk) 15:35, 4 February 2009 (UTC)

Blog bugs

• 1) Usernames with apostrophes create SQL errors. See this example.
  • 2) I noticed a problem report for this same user blog. Instead of linking to the post in question, it went to User_blog:user_blog. See this example. It's linking to this instead of this.
  • 3) Cannot see your blog posts on your profile.

Thanks! --jabrwocky7 21:49, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

The first bug should be fixed. I'll pass on the second. Kirkburn (talk) 00:08, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Thanks, just discovered another one that might be related to the apostrophe issue. The Jacob's Mama blog has a link to "older posts" even though there aren't any. See this example. --jabrwocky7 17:38, 10 March 2009 (UTC)

Bloggers not welcomed!

Familypedia had a visitor a couple of months ago who registered and did a few minutes' work on a blog, nothing else. User talk page recorded no automatic welcome. I used {{Welcome}} for him or her a couple of hours ago after first noticing. Was that a bug or something else that can be fixed? — Robin Patterson (Talk) 09:02, January 7, 2010 (UTC)

Not a bug that I know of - it could have just been an issue with the global welcome service. If you see it again, let me know. Kirkburn (talk) 10:41, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for the guidance. — Robin Patterson (Talk) 12:25, January 13, 2010 (UTC)

Blog feature requests

Hi, the users at Lostpedia have requested some features for blogging that I agree would be helpful.

1) Enable an option to Hide blog posts and comments in the recent changes list
2) Enable functionality to have an e-mail message sent to the blogger when someone posts a comment to their blog.

Please advise or let me know if there is a better place to post these requests.. Thanks, --jabrwocky7 (talk) 19:30, 15 March 2009 (UTC)

These are both great ideas, and have been added to the list. We will look enabling "Watchlist" to detect new comments. I will let you know when we have a better time estimate angies (talk) 17:39, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
Any movement on this? Users at Lostpedia are still asking about it. --jabrwocky7 18:43, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
We haven't had a chance to work on them yet, but they're still on our list. Kirkburn (talk) 12:22, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Any progress? --jabrwocky7 (talk) 03:30, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
We're still waiting. --cgmv123 (talk) 22:50, January 25, 2010 (UTC)

Categories

Is there a way to don't have the option of add categories to a blog post? I think it would cause organization problems. --A.new.way 20:44, 31 March 2009 (UTC)

I've made a test and the blog posts got separated from the articles. It won't cause problems. --A.new.way 20:58, 31 March 2009 (UTC)

Can I disable the option that allows the users to add categories to a post? I want them only with the default category (Category:Posts). --A.new.way 16:12, 9 April 2009 (UTC)

Category is broken for blog. What you specified is ignored and made as "blog post". You can't change it after posting, either. Anyway, thanks a lot - 221.189.164.143 09:32, 4 July 2009 (UTC)

Translations

You like to use the blog extension but it's not available in your language? Provide us with a translation:

blog-avatar-alt
blog-avatar-cannot-remove
Cannot remove avatars for selected user!
blog-avatar-changed-log
blog-avatar-choose-avatar
Choose a new avatar
blog-avatar-contrib
contrib
blog-avatar-defaults
Avatar.jpg Avatar2.jpg Avatar3.jpg Avatar4.jpg Avatar5.jpg Avatar6.jpg
blog-avatar-delete
Delete
blog-avatar-edit
Change
blog-avatar-error-cantwrite
Something happen and cannot write the file to disc.
blog-avatar-error-nofile
Please pick up file from disc.
blog-avatar-error-size
Uploaded file is too big, allowed size is up to $1 KB.
blog-avatar-getuser
Search
blog-avatar-goto-userpage
Go to user page
blog-avatar-nouser
Cannot found this user!
blog-avatar-preferences-title
blog-avatar-remove-confirm
Are You sure You want to remove avatar?
blog-avatar-remove-info
This page allows you to remove a user's avatar. Type the exact username in the box provided, and press "Search".
Please remember, avatars are global - removing a user's avatar removes it across all Wikia.
blog-avatar-removeavatar
Remove avatar
blog-avatar-save-info
If you want to save changes <a href="#prefcontrol">go to bottom</a> and press "Save" button
blog-avatar-talk
talk
blog-avatar-upload-avatar
Upload a new avatar
blog-comment-cannot-add
You cannot add comment to blog.
blog-comment-delete
delete
blog-comment-error
Comment could not be saved
blog-comment-hide
hide
blog-comment-post
Post comment
blog-comment-unhide
unhide
blog-comments
Comments
blog-comments-anonymous
Anonymous user
blog-comments-asc
Newest last
blog-comments-dsc
Newest first
blog-comments-info
This box uses wikitext-style input
blog-comments-label
Commenting
blog-comments-login
<a href="$1">Log in</a> to comment
blog-comments-new
New comment in blog
blog-continuereading
Continue reading »
blog-create-label
Create blog article
blog-create-listing-label
Create blog listing
blog-create-next-label
Create new blog article
blog-create-post-label
Create blog post
blog-defaulttitle
Blogs
blog-empty-user-blog
This user has not written any blog posts yet!
blog-emptyparam
Name of parameter cannot be empty
blog-fromsitename
From $1
blog-header
Blog articles in category "$1"
blog-invalidparam
Unknown parameter '$1' is ignored. Please use one of available parameters: $2.
blog-last-edited
Last edited: $1
blog-listing-zero-other
This user has not written any blog posts yet!
blog-nbrcomments
$1 comments
blog-newerposts
Newer posts
blog-nopostfound
No posts found.
blog-olderposts
Older posts
blog-page
Blog
blog-page-rate
Rate this article:
blog-readfullpost
Read full post
blog-refresh-label
Refresh
blog-subheader
The following $1 blog articles are in this category.
blog-subheader-all
The following $1 blog articles are in this category, out of $2 total.
blog-userblog
$1's blog
blog-voting-label
Voting
blog-widgets-label
Widget Dashboard
blog-writeone
Write one!
blog-zero-comments
No comments yet!
blogs-comment-hidden
Comment hidden.
blogs-reportproblem
Report problem
blogs-undeleted-comment
Undeleted comment for blog page $1

If you want to translate the extension, please leave a short notice here or contact Community Team. --Avatar 09:29, 1 April 2009 (UTC)

I've translated them to Brazilian Portuguese for the Portuguese Lostpedia. If you want to you can get them there ;D --A.new.way 16:40, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
That's cool, thanks a lot. We're just working on a new translation process to make it easier for users to provide their own translations to new features. I'll keep you posted. --Avatar 21:26, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
I can translate it into Italian. Let me know. --EXE.eseguibile 01:54, 30 June 2009 (UTC)

For now please just send your translation to community@wikia.com (preferred) or translate it somewhere on your user page and drop me a note. Thanks! --Avatar 08:14, 30 June 2009 (UTC)

I've began to do it on fr.guildwars for french but i think "Marta" (a german helper) will take care of copying to messaging as we discussed it on it's talk of the french central. — TulipVorlax 19:35, 2 July 2009 (UTC)

Blog:Recent posts

The message that was sent to users on the Final Fantasy Wiki included a link to the page, Blog:Recent posts, but it was a red link and the page had to be created. Is this intentional? User:Eric Ryan Jones 18:18, 8 July 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for creating it - I'm not sure why it would have missed your wiki. Kirkburn (talk) 14:22, 9 July 2009 (UTC)

Blog Featured not appearing?

On the UnRuneScape wiki, I've noticed that the blog features are no longer active, yet I can find no edits related to disabling them in the recent changes. Is this because disabling them does not show in the changes, or due to a software bug of some sort? Thanks for your help. Pig house talk 18:25, 8 July 2009 (UTC)

It was indeed disabled on the 6th, and yeah, that type of event is not shown on recent changes. I believe it was by request, but I'll check. Kirkburn (talk) 14:19, 9 July 2009 (UTC)

User Masterhead Suggestion

I think that User Masterhead should be have different colors to match monaco skins and colors users want. Webkinz Mania says stuff... 21:50, 16 July 2009 (UTC)

We plan to make more updates to the masthead - I'll bring up the suggestion, and see what we can do. Kirkburn (talk) 16:54, 27 July 2009 (UTC)

Correct format for <TIMESTAMP> .. refer to section titled Comments

Section Help:Blog_article#Comments describes the URL to a specific comment as including <COMMENTER>-<TIMESTAMP>&redirect=no

Since the timestamp that I see depends on my user preferences, what is the correct timestamp format to use for constructing the URL to a specific comment?

--najevi 04:20, September 25, 2009 (UTC)

In fact the timestamp format above does work. The error I had made was to specify User_blog:Toughpigs instead of User_blog_comment:Toughpigs

http://www.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_blog_comment:Toughpigs/My_Home_--_new_feature_launches_on_Wednesday/Najevi-20090924105029&redirect=no

vs

A permalink to each comment is needed
Since the seconds are not displayed in the visible time/date-stamp I suggest that either seconds become displayed or (preferably) the visible time/date-stamp be made a link to the &redirect=no instance of the comment page. Either way, an easier method for accessing the source code for the current comment is needed.
Users need to be able to delete their own comment
The &action=delete does not let you delete your own comment(s) unless you have sysop privileges.

Blog categories broken

I've noticed that categories aren't working right on the blog feature at PathfinderWiki. When making a new blog post, I have to enter in the categories manually instead of with the usual category box at the bottom of the edit window. That's fine, and I don't mind doing it. But whenever a blog post gets edited, all the category calls get removed, so unless an editor makes sure to manually add all the categories each time they edit a blog entry, they end up getting dropped from the various blog listings that they were intended to show up on, like news, editing help, community updates, etc. I imagine this isn't a unique problem to our project, but hoped its being worked on or that there's a quick fix for it. Thanks! — yoda8myhead 05:55, December 14, 2009 (UTC)

Blog listing pages

Blog listing pages are rather mysterious and seem to need more explanation. A few hours ago I tried to create one on Familypedia but could find no way of restricting blog posts to those that matched my chosen Blog listing page title.

Any chance of a separate page to give a complete rundown on this interesting-looking mystery?

Robin Patterson (Talk) 09:38, January 7, 2010 (UTC)

They're not all that mysterious to be honest, it really is just a simple front for the bloglist ability (with limited options). We plan to do some more work on the concept, though. Kirkburn (talk) 10:44, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for the reassurance, and I'm sure you know what "simple front for the bloglist ability" means, but it means nothing to me and doesn't get me any closer to the heart of the mystery. I look forward to clearer explanation following the further "work on the concept". Wikia blogs look like a splendid idea and I've started using them, but "blog listing pages" seem quite definitely to be not capable of doing what the documentation suggests that they can do, which is to collect only chosen blogs under a specific title, rather like a category. — Robin Patterson (Talk) 12:23, January 13, 2010 (UTC)

How do you delete a blog post?

I need to delete one quick.

You need to ask our local admins to help you. If you post the link here - I can review for you. --Sarah (help forum | blog) 16:11, May 20, 2011 (UTC)

http://jabei.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AlexPrivate?page=7

Request to delete blog listing

Hi,

Wikia seriously need to add deletion option for blog listing, it's quite annoying if the admin(s) can't delete it.

Can you delete this blog listing?. http://sealonline.wikia.com/wiki/Blog:News

--Livedlooz 14:17, October 14, 2011 (UTC)

http://backyardmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Untitled

http://backyardmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Untitleds

http://backyardmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Joshua_Anthony_C._Ni%C3%B1alga/Golden_Victory_Totem

Delete this please:http://epicrapbattlesofhistory.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Orbitball/Stop_Spamming

Closing blogs

How does one close a blog so people cannot comment? Thanks! Rchie743

Edit it and click the checkbox next to "Commenting". If there is no checkmark in that box, people won't be able to leave comments. ~Bobogoobo (talk) 03:57, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you! -Rchie743

Blog Problems

1) When I rename the blog, it becomes a new wikia contributor such as http://thefutureofeuropes.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/The_Day_we_fight_back

2) I cannot see blogs on my profile\

Recent Blogs not displaying

About 50% of the time when I go to view Recent Posts, I get an empty page with none of the blogs displayed. Really sick of this.

|Peace out| ~ Guygombaa (talk) 03:31, November 10, 2018 (UTC)

Notficiation info

There should be some notification info about how comments and comment replies don't notify you unlike Forum or Discussions, so Blogs may be a bad choice for both blog authors and those who want to get notifications based on comments or replies to comments. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 3 Jul 2019 4:42 PM Pacific

help needed

when i create my link it says i have to go through capcha. what do i do? i tried and nothing worked. Donlandryii89 (talk) 11:31, October 19, 2019 (UTC)

Hi, captchas are a way of reducing spam on Fandom wikis. You need to follow the instructions if asked to complete it. There's more information here: Help:Captcha noreplyz talk 13:37, October 19, 2019 (UTC)