Community Central
Community Central
Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

Blocked Admins

What if an admin is blocked? TimandEricman (talk) 18:58, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

Depends. If it's a local block, (s)he can just unblock the account. If it's a global block - by VSTF or Staff - that's not possible. --Tupka217 19:14, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

FOR EVER?

It seems a bit exaggerated the deactivation of a user account "forever" in a wiki says it should be for a short time on this pageFurby 01:30, March 25, 2015 (UTC)

5.65.182.87 10:35, April 3, 2015 (UTC)Unprotect the page.5.65.182.87 10:35, April 3, 2015 (UTC)

My wikia is in a situation

The Dick Figures Fanon Wikia is in a bit of a silly situation, and I need a lot of help on this one!

There's these stupid users that have been making fun of real life people and posting mean and stupid things! Here's the pages, and the users responsible for it:

Pages

All Stupid Pages

Users

--yr13 (talk) 02:13, May 31, 2015 (UTC)

Contact the local admins to deal with them. Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)

Got Blocked Unfairly

I got blocked unfairly in http://gaming.wikia.com! The administrator thought I was spamming links to external sites, I wasn't! Please help! Arthur1124 (talk) 04:45, August 20, 2015 (UTC)

I got blocked unfairly in http://borderlands.wikia.com. The administratior thought i was violating the terms of use. Please Wikia, remove that wiki. Raddf2 falloutfan444 12:49, July 1, 2017 (UTC)Raddf2

Hey - please contact the local administrator who blocked you, WarBlade, on their message wall here. noreplyz talk 12:51, June 11, 2017 (UTC) 13:57, July 1, 2017 (UTC)

A reason to block?

I started drawing own characters for this girl for her pages and she has gotten me to draw 22 OCs for her. She never showed any gratefulness, she kept pushing me and saying she wants them done by the next day (I wasn't charging her for them). I eventually ignored all her repetitive spam requests after giving her a huge paragraph on why I wouldn't draw for her any longer. She still messages me frequently now, asking for me to draw characters "for other users" (probably just for her own pleasure) and even writing stories about them. Is this a reason to block her for a while? LexsJBTalk 17:52, October 10, 2016 (UTC)

A good admin would block after warning the user in question - which you have done. It's really up to you - admins can block users for anything, but it should be rational and used if the user is no longer acting in good faith. Ozank Cx (talk) 17:57, October 10, 2016 (UTC)

I blocked her last night but she's created a new account (which I'm definite is her) and carrying on with it. Should I block her even though it's on a new account? LexsJBTalk 18:28, October 11, 2016 (UTC)

I think we'd call new accounts "sockpuppets" that tries to dodge a block. Yes, I think you should block it because that's what a lot of wiki admins do. Ryu and Ken and Akuma 20:18, October 11, 2016 (UTC)

Her block expired a few weeks ago and now she keeps spamming messages of thanks (and I know it's because she wants me to keep drawing for her) and just wont stop. Is this also a reason to block or am I just getting to desperate to block her? LexsJBTalk 16:30, November 8, 2016 (UTC)

Yes, constant spamming is a reason to block the person in-order to stop the activity from going on.--Muzzarino 16:48, November 8, 2016 (UTC)

how can i block users by another time

pls answer -- GLI TC H 2112 20:10, April 25, 2017 (UTC)

On the dropdown box with the list of given days, you can select "Other time:" and put your own exact date and possibly time as well. I hope that helps! --latest?cb=20161110045342 Annabeth and Percy🎵I'm stepping up with all my strength, even if they think it's a mistake. Won't turn my back, I won't close my eyes.🎵latest?cb=20161110045342

Note

"This user is currently blocked across the FANDOM network."........

What does it mean? PictureField55 (talk) 00:06, December 29, 2017 (UTC)

Means they can't actively use any of the wikis because their account has been globally blocked. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 00:19, December 29, 2017 (UTC)

A question

So, if you are blocked, it tells you to contact an admin? You can't if you are blocked, then what should you do?

Especially if they are realitively harsh on you, they would probably yell out a furious response (its possible that I am doing the same mistake all over again, but they don't have to be like that).SUPER4geditTANK (talk) 12:22, July 5, 2018 (UTC)

You edit your talk page and request an unblock. However you can only do this if you are able to edit your talk page. If you can't do that, try and contact the admin on another wiki, but be careful. Some users are rather touchy about blocked users trying to contact them elsewhere, as they may see this as harassment. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 12:43, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for that, even if it does not work I will still thank you!SUPER4geditTANK (talk) 12:44, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
No problem! ;) ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 12:45, July 5, 2018 (UTC)

Question

Please fully-protect the page because I'm afraid vandals come here and vandalise this page. Gagarsa05 (talk) 01:42, July 30, 2018 (UTC)

This page isn't subject to vandalism very often. There's no reason to protect it. -- Cube-shaped garbage can 13:57, July 30, 2018 (UTC)
I agree to that. Also if the page is protected then legitimate users will be unable to edit it. What's the point of asking an administrator to do the edits for you when it is much less troublesome to do those edits yourself? ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 10:28, July 31, 2018 (UTC)

Votes

Can blocked users vote on polls, or Kudos/upvote posts?—|| Grudgeholderr ||— 10:15, August 19, 2018 (UTC)

I think they can. I blocked myself on a wiki yesterday (for a test) and I could still vote and give Kudos. Rehana242 (talk) 10:55, August 19, 2018 (UTC)
The last time I checked, it wasn't possible to give kudos while blocked. However I have never known users to be unable to vote on polls while blocked. I could be wrong though as I've never tried it before. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 12:50, August 19, 2018 (UTC)

Block Name Change

how do you change the name of a block, to something different

The Surreal Meme changed Blocked to Scronched, and The TARDIS Data Core changed Blocked to Exiled.—This unsigned comment is by Ank57 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

you can edit Mediawiki:User-identity-box-group-blocked on wiki you want to be changed and you should be a admin on that wiki to edit mediawiki pages.★ YuusukeTakazaki SOAP16:13, March 26, 2019 (UTC)

Question

Who's talking in that video? Kirkburn? LightHouse38 (talk) 17:15, April 6, 2019 (UTC)

They're blocked, but they can still post stuff on userpages and the pages created. I wanted to block the spammers that keep trying to post stuff they should not have made but even when I used the "block user" box, their edits STILL are kept in. Why can't this blocking mechanism block them from even editing the pages as well (even if it's for users only on some pages)?

Discussions blocks?

(just asking) Is there a way to ban users from Discussions and/or Forums but not from the entire wikia? Or is the "banning users in this feature but not from the entire wikia" thing only for chat?  mouth boiBotuczy (WCE)candy cat