Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
Tag: sourceedit
(→‎Disputed Info: new section)

Line 10: Line 10:

== Need more help related to bad mobile ads ==

== Need more help related to bad mobile ads ==

This help page seems very desktop focused, especially considering Wikia is pushing mobile so hard. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 16 Jan 2017 5:19 PM Pacific

This help page seems very desktop focused, especially considering Wikia is pushing mobile so hard. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 16 Jan 2017 5:19 PM Pacific
  +
  +
== Disputed Info ==
  +
  +
What is the best way to set part of the info presented on this Help page as disputed? I'm asking this because other wikis have a <nowiki>{{disputed}}</nowiki> template and I noticed that Community Central does not have it.
  +
  +
I'm referring to this part:
  +
  +
: Ads about game exploits and cheating — particularly ones which involve the game explored by the wiki on which the ad appears. For instance, <u>we will aggressively stop ads about selling in-game currency</u> that violates the game's Terms of Use.
  +
  +
It should be mentioned that although Fandom states that, there is no proof that they've ever acted on those reports, instead users state that the same ads are appearing on their wiki even after 3 months of reporting them.
  +
  +
[[w:c:tibia:User:Hunter of Dragoes|<font color="Blue">Hunter of Dragoes</font>]] <small>([[w:c:tibia:User talk:Hunter of Dragoes|<font color="Blue">Talk</font>]] · [[w:c:tibia:Special:Contributions/Hunter of Dragoes|<font color="Blue">Contribs</font>]] · [[w:c:tibia:TibiaWiki:Administrators|<font color="Blue">TibiaWiki Admins</font>]])</small> - 20:14, 5 August 2021 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 20:14, 5 August 2021

Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

Bad ad stuff[]

More bad ad stuff, I am not sure where to put this, but I often read Wookiepedia, and I would like to complain not about a specific ad, but ad sizes, I don't care if there are ads, but if the ad covers the text of the article something should be done, it is really frustrating to only be able to read half an article, while the other half is covered by ads. There needs to be specific size constraints for ads on wikia pages, based on location in the article.

Complaints about ads and/or feedback should be sent directly to Wikia staff via Special:Contact. ~Joey~ ^Talk^ 07:04, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Ads covering article text should have been fixed a few days ago - if it's still happening absolutely please do contact us via Special:Contact using the steps on the article. Kirkburn (talk) 12:10, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Need more help related to bad mobile ads[]

This help page seems very desktop focused, especially considering Wikia is pushing mobile so hard. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 16 Jan 2017 5:19 PM Pacific

Disputed Info[]

What is the best way to set part of the info presented on this Help page as disputed? I'm asking this because other wikis have a {{disputed}} template and I noticed that Community Central does not have it.

I'm referring to this part:

Ads about game exploits and cheating — particularly ones which involve the game explored by the wiki on which the ad appears. For instance, we will aggressively stop ads about selling in-game currency that violates the game's Terms of Use.

It should be mentioned that although Fandom states that, there is no proof that they've ever acted on those reports, instead users state that the same ads are appearing on their wiki even after 3 months of reporting them.

Hunter of Dragoes (Talk · Contribs · TibiaWiki Admins) - 20:14, 5 August 2021 (UTC)