Community Central
Community Central
Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

Should the namespace be File or Media

As noted at w:c:central:Forum:Listen template? the namespace prefix Media: seems to be necessary to trigger the OGG player. Using the prefix File: simply leave a link to the uploaded file's wiki page in the File: namespace.

-- najevi 09:07, December 3, 2009 (UTC)

Nope. The sample here is right. If the ogg player is actually enabled a the wiki [[File:/[[Image: trigger the on page player. The [[Media: is ALWAYS a special hook to provide immediate link to the full url (which may or may not) lead to the browser attempting to 'play' that URL. --Uberfuzzy 12:45, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
http://communitytest.wikia.com/wiki/Ogg_test

Ogg Creating and Question

I want to make ogg files for those who can't read the stuff on one of my wikias. But I don't know how to make one. I don't have an MP3, all I have is internet explorer. What are the steps and conditions I need to know to be able to upload one that isn't my voice? And my question was, is it possible to do this for a signature. Because I always want to upgrade my signature. So I was planning of putting an ogg file in there containing misterious inf that you have to listen to see. Well... I just want to know if I can do it. --The Declaration of Independence. When you bring it into the sun, it gets destroyed. Really. 03:33, August 26, 2011 (UTC)

Converting

I converted an MP3 to OGG through an online converter but now it won't let me upload it. It says .ogx files are not supported while my file is .ogg. What do I have to do? DimitrisLoveIvi (talk) 18:19, October 25, 2013 (UTC)

That happens to me too, even though it worked when I uploaded the version from the game files it worked perfectly, but the OST version just f***s up my computerDrMarioFan1001 (talk) 07:44, June 18, 2016 (UTC)
Because a file ends with .ogg doesn't mean it's actually OGG. Try using a different converter -- Cube-shaped garbage can 08:31, June 18, 2016 (UTC)
I use Adobe Audition CC. Works all the rest of the time, must not like oggs. Well that's s***.

This won't work

I used the OGG vorbis format, but nothing works. I used it here http://lionheartking.wikia.com/wiki/User:Theundeadlord. Is there anything i can do? --OnePiece (talk) 18:44, January 24, 2016 (UTC)

Soundcloud Embed Help....

Write into Special:Contact/bug. Keep in mind the original source may of been removed or deleted. --Icier 07:37, January 25, 2016 (UTC)

Soundcloud Embed

How does the soundcloud embed exactly work, do I just put it in the normal editor, because it doesn't seem to work.I'll Get The Can!-FiveCraft 00:31, March 15, 2017 (UTC)

Hey, you will need to add it in source editor, under the menu. noreplyztalk 11:00, March 15, 2017 (UTC)

This type of audio file isn't supported

I uploaded an .ogg file successfully however it keeps telling me the audio file isn't supported? Danielroxheaps 00:18, March 25, 2018 (UTC)

Apple Music support?

Can this be accomplished? 5BF7C402-C705-4332-95D3-977C6615E51E (157358AF-A8F1-44AF-8E64-311D4FB76349) 17:02, February 13, 2020 (UTC)

UCP

Hi! ~lun I wanted to ask why the audio isn't working on my wiki.~lun Is it to do with this ucp stuff? ~lun Or is it just not working? ~lun

(Putting ~lun at the end of my sentences is how I speak ~lun)

Cure Milky (talk) 13:15, September 1, 2020 (UTC)

Yes, they have not yet added audio, or video, support to the UCP.
They should stop forcing the unfinished UCP on wikis who use OGG and OGV files.
452 13:22, September 1, 2020 (UTC)