Hello, I am trying to add pictures to a wiki page but when I click the add image button on the toolbar a blank square pops up and nothing ever loads. Can someone please help
a1130: I need help adding pictures to an article--- for some reason, the popup won't let me go to the next page.
"To start click edit on the article you want to add an image too." should read "To start click edit on the article you want to add an image to." LuceV 23:37, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
Umm...a link to more easily "red" names? Isn't this a pretty obvious typo?
How can I insert an image from an already existing URL? jgleschinski 04:27, October 28, 2011 (UTC)
- You mean a photo thats already been uploaded to the wiki? Sarah (help forum | blog) 16:01, October 28, 2011 (UTC)
New procedure for images from Commons - InstantCommons Edit
Wikimedia Commons has a new procedure, an alternative to downloading, requiring an edit to a php file. See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/InstantCommons#Configuration.
Apparently, Familypedia already uses it. Can ordinary Wikia site admins institute it?
- Staff can enable this extension for any wiki upon request. Please send in any requests via Special:Contact. Robin, at this time the extension is not enabled on Familypedia. Let us know if you would like it to be. --BertH
- (help forum | blog) 20:30, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
So can I add photos I intend on adding to other pages later on my home page for the time being? Edit
- I am available to upload pictures onto here but I want to put them onto my home page so they won't be deleted and can be used for several articles later on. Is that okay?Gunman6 (talk) 02:01, July 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for getting back to me but I just realized I somehow got redirected from either the Wire, Transformers, Indiana Jones or Sopranos wikia and ended up creating a page here by accident. You can delete it, I'm not going to use it. Sorry about that.Gunman6 (talk) 18:10, July 9, 2013 (UTC)
I need help. I've been working on a wiki for a while and it is in need of images. I don't want to have to keep downloading images to my computer to upload them so I thought I would try to upload them from Flickr. I pressed on add image. It will pull up and it shows the upload with choose file beside it and then below that is find. On the side it says This Wiki/Flickr so I press on the Flickr part and it pulls up Flickr in big words and below that it says Search properly licensed free photos from Flickr and import them into your wiki. I typed in what I was looking for images of into the find box above and it pulls up Flickr images (results), but it doesn't show any images to upload. I'm just curious is something wrong? If you know how to help let me know please.Wildesheer9876 21:50, October 1, 2014 (UTC)User:Wildesheer9876
- For future reference, it is best to report issues like these via Special:Contact. We are aware of issues with the Flickr search - unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when it might become available again. Sorry! 23:15, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
Using an old revision of a photo Edit
How can I use an old revision of an image?
Example: w:c:sqmegapolis:File:Island_Hotel_L1.png. I want use both the image! I can upload a different one, but I was thinking if there's any easier way!
- You can only use the most recent revision of an image, by design. If you want to use older revisions, they'll need to be uploaded as separate images. 18:11, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
Photo Name Edit
- If you are an admin of the wikia in question, simply visit the image's file page (Help:Image description page) and choose 'Rename' from the Edit button dropdown. If you aren't an admin, I suggest looking for one on that wikia. 18:25, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
Image from a different wiki in signatureEdit
Hi. I need to know what I would type to get an image from one wiki and use it on any because it is part of my signature. (Also I made the image have a link to my user page) Talk to me. Breaking News! 20:52, August 2, 2015 (UTC)
- We don't generally recommend that, as sharing content between communities can be quite stressful on the servers. Sorry! 14:45, August 3, 2015 (UTC)
Uploading images centered?Edit
Is there a way to upload images centered from the "Add Photo" menu? Not as a thumbnail or fullsize, but centered. For my wiki, it's a pain to upload a batch of images and have to go back and change thumb to center
For example: Not like this: [[File:Can't_Get_Enough.jpg|thumb|90px]], but like this: [[File:Can't_Get_Enough.jpg|center|90px]]
Octet-Stream File error on all recently uploaded images Edit
Whenever I try to open an image full-size it does not display in a new tab, instead it opens up the 'save as' pane in windows explorer and claims the image is an 'OCTET-STREAM File (.octet-stream)'.
I have noticed that this is only occurring on images that have been uploaded in the last week or so. All the images I uploaded previously are opening at full-size just fine.