The Wiki Progress Bar is a tool available in the Admin Dashboard for founders and admins that leads them through the first days and weeks of creating a community. There are specific tasks that give users suggestions on how to get their community off the ground. When all 27 tasks are completed, the percentage indicator reaches 100%.
How it works
- Anyone in the community can complete a task - it doesn't necessarily have to be the founder or an admin, though admins and above are the only users with access to the admin dashboard to see the actual list.
- The percentage of accomplished tasks increases automatically with each completed task.
- Once tasks are complete, a checkmark appears on their left and they are greyed out.
- If an administrator feels like certain tasks are not appropriate for their community, they can skip them permanently. These are moved into the skipped tasks list.
- Bonus tasks become visible once all tasks have been completed or skipped. These count for the overall percentage of completed tasks, meaning they can count in place of the tasks that have been skipped.
- Once the percentage reaches 100%, a congratulation message/flag goes live, and is visible to anyone with access to the admin dashboard.
Things to keep in mind
- The congratulation message is collapsible, but the percentage indicator can never be dismissed.
- Tasks are not editable.
- The progress bar is not available on wikis created prior to the feature's implementation in 2011.
- Learn how to navigate the Admin Dashboard.
- Learn how to track your community's page views and statistics with the Analytics Dashboard.
- Learn all about becoming an admin with Administrators' how-to guide.