- This extension is enabled by default on Fandom.
Videos are a great way to showcase information and keep readers engaged on your community! The video embed tool makes it possible to quickly and easily add videos to an article page.
Videos can also be included in galleries and most other locations where images are supported. Videos that are under 400px wide will play in the media lightbox.
- First the video must be uploaded to the wiki, because it is not currently possible to upload a video directly in the editor. To do so, navigate to Special:NewFiles and then click "add a video". A UI will open up, so enter the URL of the video and click "add" — you've done it!
- Now that the video file is uploaded, open the editor on the page you'd like to add the video to. If you know how, you can use wikitext to add the video straightaway, but otherwise you'll have to navigate to the add media icon.
- The media icon will open the media settings dialogue box. Search for the title of the video you just uploaded, and then select it.
- Now you can add captions to the file, add alt text for accessibility, and also change how the file is formatted via the "advanced" tab. You can choose alignment, type, border, and size. When you're done, click "insert" to generate a wikitext call for your video!
- Once the image/wikitext has been added, hit "save" in the editor to save the page with your new video inserted!
Step-by-step for source code
- Following the same first step as the visual editor version, navigate to Special:NewFiles and then click "Add a video". A UI will open up, so enter the URL of the video and click "add" — you've done it!
- Now that the video file is uploaded, open the editor on the page you'd like to add the video to. Use
[[File:(nameofimageuploaded).(filetype)]]in the page source code to insert the image you uploaded.
- Click the "Show Preview" button located under the source editor to preview your change. Once you are satisfied with your change, click "Save Changes", which is located to the left of the "Show Preview" button.
- To learn how to adjust your image in the source editor, visit Help:Wikitext - Image Formatting to learn more about how to adjust and personalize your image's size, alignment, caption, and more.
Videos can be embedded from selected internet video providers:
- Learn how to embed Facebook videos
- Learn how to add photos
- Learn how to create photo galleries and slideshows
- Learn how to embed audio