Protect site is an extension that allows Fandom Staff, the Volunteer Spam Task Force, and other volunteers to temporarily restrict certain actions on a community to stop major instances of spam or vandalism. Local administrators can request that the extension be enabled for their use, though it is generally only enabled on communities that have an extensive history of spam or vandalism attacks.
Administrators with access to Protect site will see a link to it in Special:SpecialPages and can use it from Special:Protectsite. The maximum amount of time for which an administrator can protect an entire community is 12 hours.
As this tool will prevent a large number of people from editing the community, both good and bad, it should not be used for an extended duration. The protection should only last long enough to be able to clean everything up. Similarly, protect site is not to be used for long-term protection. Please contact Fandom Support for alternatives and other options.
How to request access
Local administrators can request that this extension be available for their use by contacting Fandom Support. The Community Team will then evaluate the request and determine whether it is the right fit for the community. Only administrators will be given access, if at all.
- Learn more about protecting pages
- Learn more about spam and vandalism
- Learn more about administrative tools
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience