FANDOM

m (Undo revision 2330359 by MechQueste (wall) Other Help pages tend not to use the Oxford comma, so I think we should keep it consistent)
(ENGLAND IS MY CITY)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{tocright}}
+
{{tocright}}[Intro: Jake Paul]
[[File:ProtectButton.png|thumb|The Protect button.]]
+
Y'all can't handle this
'''Page protection''' is the ability to limit who can edit a page. Administrators and Content Moderators have the ability to both protect and unprotect pages should the need arise.
+
Y'all don't know whats about to happen baby
  +
Team 10
  +
Los Angeles - Cali boy
  +
But I'm from Ohio tho - white boy

==Uses==
+
[Verse 1: Jake Paul]
The majority of pages on a wiki should remain unprotected to encourage all users in the community to edit. It is against FANDOM's [[w:terms of use|Terms of Use]] to permanently protect large numbers of content pages.
+
It's everyday bro
  +
With the Disney Channel flow
  +
5 mill on YouTube in 6 months
  +
Never done before
  +
We pass all the competition man
  +
Pewdiepie is next
  +
Man I'm poppin' all these checks
  +
Got a brand new Rolex
  +
And I met a Lambo too
  +
And I'm coming with the crew
  +
This is Team 10, bitch
  +
Who the hell are flippin' you?
  +
And you know I kick them out
  +
If they ain't with the crew
  +
Yeah, I'm talking about you
  +
You beggin for attention
  +
Talking shit on Twitter too
  +
But you still hit my phone last night
  +
It was 4:52 and I got the text to prove
  +
And all the recordings too
  +
Don't make me tell them the truth
  +
And I just drop some new merch
  +
And they are selling like a God church
  +
Ohio is where I'm from
  +
We chew 'em like it's gum
  +
We shooting with a gun
  +
The tattoo just for fun
  +
I Usain Bolt and run
  +
Catch me at game one
  +
I can not be outdone
  +
Jake Paulers number one

Places where you may want to use protection may include:
+
[Chorus: Jake Paul]
*Protecting frequently vandalized pages, such as the [[Help:Main page|main page]] on busy communities.
+
It's everyday bro
*Maintaining the integrity of the site's [[Help:Wordmark|wordmark]] and [[Help:Favicon|favicon]].
+
It's everyday bro
*Protecting community policy statements.
+
It's everyday bro
*Templates that contain complex code and/or are necessary for a particular wiki.
+
I said it is everyday bro!

Temporary protection might be used for:
+
[Verse 2: Nick Crompton]
*Enforcing a cooldown period to stop an [[Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Edit war|edit war]], upon request.
+
You know is Nick Crompton
*Protecting a page or image that has been a recent target of ''persistent'' vandalism.
+
And my collar stay poppin'
  +
Yes, I can rap
  +
And no, I am not from Compton
  +
England is my city
  +
And if it weren't for Team 10
  +
Then the US would be shitty
  +
And I'll pass it to Chance
  +
'Cuz you know he stay litty

==Protection levels==
+
[Verse 3: Chance Sutton]
There are three protection levels that can be chosen for each protection option. Protection levels for all protected pages can be found on [[Special:Protectedpages]] (edit, move, and upload) and [[Special:Protectedtitles]] (creation).
+
Two months ago
*'''Unprotected''': Allows everybody to edit and rename the page.
+
You didn't know my name
*'''Semi-protection''': Prevents an unregistered and non-[[Help:User access levels#Autoconfirmed users|autoconfirmed]] user from uploading new file versions, editing, renaming, and/or creating the page (if it does not exist). This protection level is usually sufficient for most purposes and can be set by choosing "Block new and unregistered users" in the options list.
+
And now you want my fame?
*'''Full protection''': Limits uploading new file versions, editing, renaming, and/or creating the page (if it does not exist) to administrators and content moderators. This protection level might be appropriate for a community policy page, wiki wordmark or a favicon. It can be set by choosing "Administrators and content moderators only" in the options list.
+
Bitch I'm blowin' up
  +
I'm only going up
  +
Now, I'm going off
  +
I'm never fallin' off
  +
Like Magg, who?
  +
Digi who?
  +
Who are you?
  +
All these beefs I just ran through
  +
Hit a milli in a month
  +
[Lyrics from: https:/lyrics.az/jake-paul/-/its-everyday-bro.html]
  +
Where were you?
  +
Hatin' on me back in West Fake
  +
Thinking need to get your shit straight
  +
Jakey brought me to the top
  +
Now, we're really poppin' on
  +
Number 1 and number 4
  +
That's why these fans all out the door
  +
It's lonely at the top
  +
So we all going
  +
We left Ohio
  +
Now the trio is all rollin'
  +
It's Team 10, bitch
  +
We back again, always first, never last
  +
We the future, we'll see you in the past

==Protection options==
+
*'''Edit protection''': Limits who can edit a page.
+
It's everyday bro
*'''Move protection''': Limits who can rename a page. By default, the move protection level will match the edit protection level, but they can be set independently of each other as well.
+
It's everyday bro
*'''Upload protection''': Limits who can upload a new version of an existing file.
+
It's everyday bro
*'''Create protection''': Limits who can create a page that does not yet exist or has been deleted. This can be useful to prevent repeated creation of unwanted or maliciously named pages.
+
*'''[[Help:Page protection#Cascading_Protection|Cascading protection]]''': This option extends full protection to all templates and files included on the page.

==Step by step==
+
[Verse 4: Martinez Twins]
===Protecting pages===
+
Hold on, hold on, hold on
[[File:Article-protect.png|thumb|right|350px]]
+
Can we switch the language?
*To protect a page, photo, template, click on the arrow on the "Edit" button next to the title to produce a dropdown menu. Then click "Protect."
+
We bout' to hit it
*On the protection page that then appears, you can set the desired protection level.
+
, lo único que quiero es dinero
*You may want the page move protection to be set at a different level than the editing protection. By default, they match. To set a different level, select the check box in the "Move" section, then choose which protection level you would like.
+
Trabajando en YouTube todo el día entero
*To set [[Help:Page protection#Cascading_Protection|cascading protection]], click the check box next to "Protect pages included in this page (cascading protection)."
+
Viviendo en U.S.A
*Select a default reason for protection in the dropdown menu, or add in your own reason in the box below.
+
El sueño de cualquiera
*Click "Confirm" to save your changes.
+
Enviando dólares a mi familia entera
  +
Tenemos una persona por encima
  +
Se llama Donald Trump y está en la cima
  +
Desde aquí te cantamos
  +
Can I get my VISA?
  +
Martinez Twins, representando España
  +
Desde la pobreza a la fama

===Unprotect===
+
*To unprotect or change the protection for a specific page, use the Edit button dropdown to visit the protection page for it.
+
It's everyday bro
*Remove or alter the protection options.
+
It's everyday bro
*Click "Confirm" to save your changes.
+
It's everyday bro
  +

===Cascading Protection===
+
[Verse 5: Tessa Brooks]
[[File:Cascading protection.png|thumb|200px|Confirming protection. You need to check the "cascading protection" box in order to activate cascading protection.]]
+
Yo, it's Tessa Brooks
  +
The competition shook
  +
These guys up on me
  +
I got 'em with the hook
  +
Lemme educate ya'
  +
And I ain't talking book
  +
Panera is your home?
  +
So, stop calling my phone
  +
I'll fly like a drone
  +
Yeah they buyin' like a loan
  +
Yeah, I smell good
  +
Is that your boy's cologne?

'''Cascading protection''' is a form of page protection which allows you to protect a page so that all templates and images on the page will also be protected without needing to protect them individually. This is useful on pages, such as a wiki main page, where most of the included images and templates are used only on that page.
+
[Verse 6: Jake Paul]
+
Is that your boy's cologne?
To use cascading protection, just click the "protect" link as usual; cascade protect is there among normal protection options. The page must be fully protected in order to activate cascading protection.
+
Started balling'
+
Quicken Loans
===Advice===
+
Now I'm in my flippin' zone
*Do not make the [[Help:Common mistakes|common mistake]] of protecting pages unnecessarily. A single vandalizing edit is not a reason to permanently protect a page against all edits.
+
Yes, the all copy me
*Page protection levels should make sense. If a page is repeatedly vandalized by IPs, then semi-protection will stop that; full-protection is not necessary. If two established editors are having an edit war, then temporary full-protection of the page is needed.
+
But, that's some shitty clones
*Most page protections should be temporary, so that they expire when the current problem is past.
+
All designer clothes
*If IP vandalism is a problem on most or all pages on a wiki, disabling anonymous editing through [[Help:WikiFeatures|WikiFeatures]] is a better solution than mass page protection.
+
And they ask me what I make
*[[Help:Talk pages|Talk pages]] should not be protected except in extreme circumstances.
+
I said is 10 with six zeros
+
Always plug, merch link in bio
==Next pages==
+
And I will see you tomorrow 'cuz
*Learn about [[Help:Protect site|protecting an entire community]].
+
IT'S EVERYDAY BRO!
*Read the [[Help:Administrators' how-to guide‎|administrators' how-to guide]].
+
PEACE

==Further help and feedback==

{{Help and feedback section}}

[[de:Hilfe:Seitenschutz]]

[[de:Hilfe:Seitenschutz]]

Revision as of 22:31, October 28, 2017

[Intro: Jake Paul]

Y'all can't handle this Y'all don't know whats about to happen baby Team 10 Los Angeles - Cali boy But I'm from Ohio tho - white boy

[Verse 1: Jake Paul] It's everyday bro With the Disney Channel flow 5 mill on YouTube in 6 months Never done before We pass all the competition man Pewdiepie is next Man I'm poppin' all these checks Got a brand new Rolex And I met a Lambo too And I'm coming with the crew This is Team 10, bitch Who the hell are flippin' you? And you know I kick them out If they ain't with the crew Yeah, I'm talking about you You beggin for attention Talking shit on Twitter too But you still hit my phone last night It was 4:52 and I got the text to prove And all the recordings too Don't make me tell them the truth And I just drop some new merch And they are selling like a God church Ohio is where I'm from We chew 'em like it's gum We shooting with a gun The tattoo just for fun I Usain Bolt and run Catch me at game one I can not be outdone Jake Paulers number one

[Chorus: Jake Paul] It's everyday bro It's everyday bro It's everyday bro I said it is everyday bro!

[Verse 2: Nick Crompton] You know is Nick Crompton And my collar stay poppin' Yes, I can rap And no, I am not from Compton England is my city And if it weren't for Team 10 Then the US would be shitty And I'll pass it to Chance 'Cuz you know he stay litty

[Verse 3: Chance Sutton] Two months ago You didn't know my name And now you want my fame? Bitch I'm blowin' up I'm only going up Now, I'm going off I'm never fallin' off Like Magg, who? Digi who? Who are you? All these beefs I just ran through Hit a milli in a month [Lyrics from: https:/lyrics.az/jake-paul/-/its-everyday-bro.html] Where were you? Hatin' on me back in West Fake Thinking need to get your shit straight Jakey brought me to the top Now, we're really poppin' on Number 1 and number 4 That's why these fans all out the door It's lonely at the top So we all going We left Ohio Now the trio is all rollin' It's Team 10, bitch We back again, always first, never last We the future, we'll see you in the past

[Chorus: Jake Paul] It's everyday bro It's everyday bro It's everyday bro I said it is everyday bro!

[Verse 4: Martinez Twins] Hold on, hold on, hold on Can we switch the language? We bout' to hit it Sí, lo único que quiero es dinero Trabajando en YouTube todo el día entero Viviendo en U.S.A El sueño de cualquiera Enviando dólares a mi familia entera Tenemos una persona por encima Se llama Donald Trump y está en la cima Desde aquí te cantamos Can I get my VISA? Martinez Twins, representando España Desde la pobreza a la fama

[Verse 5: Tessa Brooks] Yo, it's Tessa Brooks The competition shook These guys up on me I got 'em with the hook Lemme educate ya' And I ain't talking book Panera is your home? So, stop calling my phone I'll fly like a drone Yeah they buyin' like a loan Yeah, I smell good Is that your boy's cologne?

[Verse 6: Jake Paul] Is that your boy's cologne? Started balling' Quicken Loans Now I'm in my flippin' zone Yes, the all copy me But, that's some shitty clones All designer clothes And they ask me what I make I said is 10 with six zeros Always plug, merch link in bio And I will see you tomorrow 'cuz IT'S EVERYDAY BRO! PEACE

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.