Notifications alert you to new messages on Fandom or activity on a specific community. They help in keeping you informed of the latest events related to your community and your account. Notifications may appear in the upper right or lower right of your screen, depending on the feature.
Notifications appear in a dropdown menu when hovering the 'bell' icon, on the top right of all wikis. These notifications are sorted chronologically, and individual notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the icon at the left of each notification. All notifications can be dismissed at once with the "Mark all as read" option.
This notification dropdown contains notifications from all communities. They are triggered from the following:
- Announcements from any community where you have been active in the past 90 days.
- Discussions, triggered by:
- Someone upvoting your posts or replies.
- Someone replying to a post that you are following.
- Message Walls, triggered by:
- Someone posting on your own Message Wall.
- Someone replying to any Message Wall thread you have followed.
- User talk pages, when someone posts on your user talk page.
Discussions and Announcements
Within the Discussions and Announcements applications (located at
/announcements, respectively), only notifications from Discussions are included.
|Notification||Where will it link to?||Duration|
|New reply, upvote, announcement, or direct message||Discussions post, Message Wall thread, Forum thread or talk page||Remains until visited or dismissed|
|Updated community message||Community Corner on Wiki Activity||Can be dismissed or disappears 24 hours after the update to Community Corner|
|New achievement badge||User profile page||Can be dismissed or disappears after one page reload|
|Message from Fandom Staff||Varies depending on the message||Can be dismissed|
Lower-right notification bubble colors are the same as button colors, and can be changed by admins in the Theme Designer.
- Learn how to edit your toolbar
- Learn about wiki activity and recent changes
- Learn how to edit the Community Corner