Notifications alert you to new messages on Fandom or activity on a specific community. They help in keeping you informed of the latest events related to your community and your account. Notifications may appear in the upper right or lower right of your screen, depending on the feature.
Notifications appear in a dropdown menu when hovering the 'bell' icon, on the top right of all wikis. These notifications are sorted chronologically, and individual notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the icon at the left of each notification. All notifications can be dismissed at once with the "Mark all as read" option.
This notification dropdown contains notifications from all communities. They are triggered from the following:
- Announcements from any community where you have been active in the past 90 days.
- Discussions, triggered by:
- Someone upvoting your posts or replies.
- Someone replying to a post that you are following.
- Someone @-mentioning you.
- Message Walls, triggered by:
- Someone posting on your own Message Wall.
- Someone replying to any Message Wall thread you have followed.
- Comments, when someone replies to a user blog or article comment you are following.
- User talk pages, when someone posts on your user talk page.
Currently, the full range of notifications are only served on MediaWiki pages via desktop or mobile web browser. Within the Discussions and Announcements applications (located at
/announcements, respectively), Message Wall and talk page notifications do not populate; all other notifications types do appear. Within the Fandom app, Message Wall, talk page, and comment-related notifications do not populate.
|Notification||Where will it link to?||Duration|
|New reply, upvote, @-mention, or wall message||Discussions post, Message Wall thread, Comment thread or talk page||Remains until visited or dismissed|
|New announcement||Announcer's discretion, within the wiki it was announced||Remains until visited or dismissed|
|New achievement badge||User profile page||Can be dismissed or disappears after one page reload|
|Message from Fandom Staff||Varies depending on the message||Can be dismissed|