Starting a new page on Fandom takes only a couple of clicks and is an important part of contributing to a community. This page will walk you through the basics.
Step by step
- Click on the Add button (it appears as Add New Page if you are an anonymous user) on the top right of your community header.
- The "Create a new article" box will open.
- You can choose the article name by typing it in the box. This name will become the last part of the page's URL. You will also be given suggestions to create pages that are linked to but do not yet exist, or pages that did exist but got deleted, known as "wanted pages".
Additional ways to create new pages
In addition to the add button in the top right, there are a few more ways to create a new page:
- Clicking on any red link on your community (which is created by linking to a page that does not exist). You will then be brought into the editor where you can add your content.
- Using any inputboxes that exist on a community. A local community may have added inputboxes, possibly in Project namespace, to create a page with a preloaded layout. Local communities should direct users to these inputboxes if preferred.
- Use a Special:CreatePage link which can be added to a community anywhere where wikitext works.
- Go to a page name that hasn't been created yet, i.e.
https://wikiname.fandom.com/wiki/New page nameand click the CREATE or EDIT button on the upper right.