- This extension is enabled by default on Fandom.
Any choices made for licensing templates, categories, or descriptive text apply to all images that are being uploaded. If you're uploading many images that should have the same license and categories, it can be a huge time-saver.
How to use it?
Go to Special:MultipleUpload on your community. Click the Choose File buttons to find the files on your computer and, if you want them to have a different name to the one they have on your computer, change these in the "Destination filename" fields. Then, fill in the summary and select a license, both of which will be applied to the entire batch of images.
If a file has the same name as another that is already on the wiki, you will see a warning similar to the one that appears for individual uploads, but the file that already exists can be replaced.
When using Special:MultipleUpload, the file upload size limit limits the total size of all the files combined rather than the size per individual file. The current limit is 10 MB for all of the files uploaded together, which makes multiple uploads great for quickly getting many small files into the wiki, but not ideal for large ones.
- Admins can change the text at the top of the multiple upload special page using the system message MediaWiki:Uploadtext.
- This functionality comes from the MultipleUpload extension.
- Learn about uploading individual files
- Learn about the image description page
- Learn about image copyright tags
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience