Community Central
Community Central

I am a box in the left column, currently set to 100 pixels tall.

Your wiki's title and welcome message could go here, or a cool title image. (The box is optional.)

I am a sentence in the left column.

I am a box containing content in the left column.

What are these columns about?

The set of main page <tags/> aid with main page design.

Using the following tags, you can create a main page that will work with the new ads and will be compatible with any future changes Wikia may need to make to the main page layouts.

<mainpage-leftcolumn-start />
'''I am the left column'''

<mainpage-endcolumn />

<mainpage-rightcolumn-start />
'''I am the right column'''

<mainpage-endcolumn />

How to use the tags

The "leftcolumn" tag starts the left column, and comes first:

<mainpage-leftcolumn-start />

The default gutter (spacing) between the left and right column is 10px - however, you can alter this using a "gutter" parameter:

<mainpage-leftcolumn-start gutter="20px" />

This produces a 20px gutter between the left and right columns.

A column is ended by:

<mainpage-endcolumn />

Next, the following starts a 300px wide right column:

<mainpage-rightcolumn-start />

Again, the column is ended by:

<mainpage-endcolumn />

After the end of the rightcolumn tag you can place anything you wish, and make them 100% page width. (Please note this is recommended against, especially on shorter pages.) However, you will need to add the following to ensure it appears below the columns:

<br style="clear:both;"/>
I am a 300x250px or a 300x600px box in the right column. Wikia's ad will go here.
I am a sentence in the right column.
This is a Featured Image

Greece-0723
I am a very long sentence in a box with a height of 500px in the right column. Any sort of wiki content could go here -- a featured article or picture, a list of popular categories, an embedded widget, a video or poll or calendar -- anything you like.

I follow the last main page tag and the <br style="clear:both;"/> tag, and have a width of 100%.

Main page tags in action

See also