This article covers how to report bugs you find on Fandom.
We want your experience of Fandom to be as bug-free as possible, and we welcome anyone who spots a bug to report it to us. However, in order to help us solve those issues, we have a few tips about how to report them.
Where should it be reported?
Bugs can be reported to a wiki's Wiki Representative, if there is one assigned to the community.
If the wiki doesn't have one, they should be reported through Special:Contact. If you run into issues with this, you can email the message through to firstname.lastname@example.org instead, but the contact form is preferred.
What should a problem report contain?
- Details of the issue - try to make it as clear as possible, including specific details and steps on how to reproduce the problem.
- What community and what exact page you were on when you saw the problem (using the url).
- You must include the url of the wiki where you encountered the problem. If you've encountered the same problem on multiple wikis, please include as many of the urls as you can, but always include at least one. Saying that something happens "everywhere" is not useful.
- A screenshot of how the bug behaves (when that is possible).
- If the issue arises while you are editing a wiki, also include which wiki editor you use and whether or not you were editing from a desktop or a mobile device.
- Your device details, particularly:
- Browser, including version number (for example Chrome 75, Safari 12.1.1)
- Operating System (for example Windows 10, macOS 10.14, Android 11)
- Access method (desktop or mobile)
- The full text of any error messages.
- Whether you were logged in or logged out at the time, and with which username.
Thank you in advance from the entire Fandom team!