Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
Tag: Help
(9 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:

{{tocright}}

{{tocright}}

'''Email notifications''' allow you to receive an email when a page you are [[Help:Followed pages|following]] is changed. To look at this feature, please choose "My Preferences" from the drop down menu of your Wiki-Avatar (right next to the search), and pick "email".

'''Email notifications''' allow you to receive an email when a page you are [[Help:Followed pages|following]] is changed.

[[File:Enotifprefs.png|thumb|300px|Options in user preferences related to email notifications]]

[[File:Enotifprefs.png|thumb|300px|Options in user preferences related to email notifications]]
  +
[[File:Email_settings_UCP.jpg|300px|thumb|Email preference settings on UCP Wikis]]

==How do I enable email notifications?==

==How do I enable email notifications?==
To use email notifications, [[Special:Preferences|add an e-mail address]] in your preferences, [[Special:Confirmemail|confirm that e-mail]] address, and enable the options you desire in [[Special:Preferences|your user preferences]].
+
To use email notifications, you need to [[Special:Preferences|add an e-mail address]] in your preferences, [[Special:Confirmemail|confirm that e-mail]] address, and enable the options you desire in [[Special:Preferences|your user preferences]].

==How many emails will I receive?==

==How many emails will I receive?==
Line 11: Line 11:

===Communication features===

===Communication features===
If you select "E-mail me when my [[Help:Talk pages|user talk page]] is changed," you will receive emails when others are trying to contact you. This is also true for [[Help:Message Wall|Message Wall]]-related email preferences. You can choose to receive an email every time a message is posted on a Wall or [[Help:Forum|Forum]] thread you are following (including threads on your own Message Wall). Or you can choose to receive only one email per thread since your last visit, so you won't get an email for each new post.
+
If you select "E-mail me when my [[Help:Talk pages|user talk page]] is changed," you will receive emails when others are trying to contact you via your talk page. You can choose to receive an email every time a message is posted on a [[Help:Message Wall|Message Wall]] or [[Help:Forum|Forum]] thread you are following (including threads on your own Message Wall). Or you can choose to receive only one email per thread since your last visit, so you won't get an email for each new post.

Email notifications about replies to a followed [[Help:Discussions|Discussions]] post will be sent once every 24 hours, or until the recipient visits the post.

Email notifications about replies to a followed [[Help:Discussions|Discussions]] post will be sent once every 24 hours, or until the recipient visits the post.
Line 18: Line 18:

If you select "E-mail me when a page I'm following is changed", then the volume of mail depends on how many pages you have on your [[Help:Watchlist|watchlist]], and how active other editors are on the wikis where you are following pages.

If you select "E-mail me when a page I'm following is changed", then the volume of mail depends on how many pages you have on your [[Help:Watchlist|watchlist]], and how active other editors are on the wikis where you are following pages.

You will receive a single e-mail whenever a followed page is edited. You will only be notified once per page, even where multiple changes are made between visits (i.e. you get an email on the first edit by someone else after you viewed the page). You ''won't'' be notified of changes you made yourself. You can choose whether you want to be notified of all changes, or only those which are not marked as [[Help:Minor edit|minor edits]].
+
You will receive a single e-mail whenever a followed page is edited. You will only be notified once per page, even where multiple changes are made between visits (i.e. you get an email on the first edit by someone else after you viewed the page). You won't be notified of changes you made yourself. You can choose whether you want to be notified of all changes, or only those which are not marked as [[Help:Minor edit|minor edits]].

The email will provide a link to the article, and also a direct link to the [[Help:Diff|difference]] between the version you last saw and the current version.

The email will provide a link to the article, and also a direct link to the [[Help:Diff|difference]] between the version you last saw and the current version.

===Followed Pages Digest===

===Followed Pages Digest===
You can also choose a weekly digest ("E-mail me a Weekly Digest of changes to my followed FANDOM pages"). This is a weekly email that will inform you of any pages you are following that you haven't visited yet. It's a great reminder for those important pages that slip by on occasion, or if you have a large number of followed pages.
+
You can also choose to receive a weekly digest ("E-mail me a Weekly Digest of changes to my followed Fandom pages"). This is a weekly email that will inform you of any changes to pages you are following that you haven't visited yet. It's a great reminder for those important pages that slip by on occasion, or if you have a large number of followed pages.
  +
  +
===Additional options===
  +
With some user rights, like Admin, you'll receive an additional section after the "Disable all emails" section. There you can add further options when you'd like to receive emails:
  +
  +
*...someone joins
  +
*...someone edits
  +
*...a daily summary of total views is ready
  +
*...a Daily Digest of joins, edits, and views is ready

==How do I unsubscribe from all emails?==

==How do I unsubscribe from all emails?==
To unsubscribe from all emails, select the last option in your email preferences: '''Disable all emails from FANDOM (overrides all other options)'''. Once you select this and save, all other options will be deactivated.
+
To unsubscribe from all emails, select the last option in your email preferences: '''Disable all emails from Fandom (overrides all other options)'''. Once you select this and save, all other options will be deactivated. This option is the same on UCP Wikis.
  +
  +
== Email preference settings on UCP ==
  +
On UCP Wikis (please see the screenshot) the "Address", "Follow pages I..." and "Message Wall and Forum" sections were removed. "Address" now can be found in Preferences → User profile → Email options.

==See also==

==See also==
Line 33: Line 44:

==Further help and feedback==

==Further help and feedback==

{{Help and feedback section}}

{{Help and feedback section}}

[[de:Hilfe:E-Mail-Benachrichtigung]]

[[de:Hilfe:E-Mail-Benachrichtigung]]

[[es:Ayuda:Notificación por correo]]

[[es:Ayuda:Notificación por correo]]
Line 46: Line 55:

[[pt:Ajuda:Notificações por e-mail]]

[[pt:Ajuda:Notificações por e-mail]]

[[ru:Справка:Уведомления по e-mail]]

[[ru:Справка:Уведомления по e-mail]]
  +
[[tr:Yardım:E-posta bildirimi]]

[[uk:Довідка:Повідомлення по e-mail]]

[[uk:Довідка:Повідомлення по e-mail]]
[[zh:Help:電子郵件通知]]

[[vi:Trợ giúp:Thông báo thư điện tử]]

[[vi:Trợ giúp:Thông báo thư điện tử]]

[[zh:Help:電子郵件通知]]

[[Category:Help|Email notification]]

[[Category:Help|Email notification]]

Revision as of 11:43, 7 September 2020

Email notifications allow you to receive an email when a page you are following is changed. To look at this feature, please choose "My Preferences" from the drop down menu of your Wiki-Avatar (right next to the search), and pick "email".

Enotifprefs

Options in user preferences related to email notifications

Email settings UCP

Email preference settings on UCP Wikis

How do I enable email notifications?

To use email notifications, you need to add an e-mail address in your preferences, confirm that e-mail address, and enable the options you desire in your user preferences.

How many emails will I receive?

That depends on which options you choose. Email notifications can be configured for both social/communication features and content monitoring.

Communication features

If you select "E-mail me when my user talk page is changed," you will receive emails when others are trying to contact you via your talk page. You can choose to receive an email every time a message is posted on a Message Wall or Forum thread you are following (including threads on your own Message Wall). Or you can choose to receive only one email per thread since your last visit, so you won't get an email for each new post.

Email notifications about replies to a followed Discussions post will be sent once every 24 hours, or until the recipient visits the post.

Content Updates

If you select "E-mail me when a page I'm following is changed", then the volume of mail depends on how many pages you have on your watchlist, and how active other editors are on the wikis where you are following pages.

You will receive a single e-mail whenever a followed page is edited. You will only be notified once per page, even where multiple changes are made between visits (i.e. you get an email on the first edit by someone else after you viewed the page). You won't be notified of changes you made yourself. You can choose whether you want to be notified of all changes, or only those which are not marked as minor edits.

The email will provide a link to the article, and also a direct link to the difference between the version you last saw and the current version.

Followed Pages Digest

You can also choose to receive a weekly digest ("E-mail me a Weekly Digest of changes to my followed Fandom pages"). This is a weekly email that will inform you of any changes to pages you are following that you haven't visited yet. It's a great reminder for those important pages that slip by on occasion, or if you have a large number of followed pages.

Additional options

With some user rights, like Admin, you'll receive an additional section after the "Disable all emails" section. There you can add further options when you'd like to receive emails:

• ...someone joins
  • ...someone edits
  • ...a daily summary of total views is ready
  • ...a Daily Digest of joins, edits, and views is ready

How do I unsubscribe from all emails?

To unsubscribe from all emails, select the last option in your email preferences: Disable all emails from Fandom (overrides all other options). Once you select this and save, all other options will be deactivated. This option is the same on UCP Wikis.

Email preference settings on UCP

On UCP Wikis (please see the screenshot) the "Address", "Follow pages I..." and "Message Wall and Forum" sections were removed. "Address" now can be found in Preferences → User profile → Email options.

See also

Further help and feedback