- This page has been modified with additional information for the new Unified Community Platform but legacy platform information is still available below.
See this page for more information on the new platform.
Editing on Fandom is as simple as clicking the "Edit" button on a page. Doing so will take you to an edit page. This is where you can make changes to the page and add new information and media, correct errors, or update the formatting.
Wikis on the UCP framework got a different editing experience, without the feature modules to the right, a modern toolbar, and a wider edit area. You will also realize that the UCP Wikis edit page is missing the Wiki logo, which is always linked to the main page.
Show changes, Preview and Save can be found at the bottom of the editor window.
When you are on the edit page, on top of the edit window you can see which editor you are using. You can also use the drop-down menu to switch to the other editor instead. Your preferred editor can be chosen on "Special:Preferences→Editing→Preferred editor".
Users, who are not logged in, will start with the new MediaWiki Visual Editor when they click on edit. They easily can switch to the source editor.
Depending on whether you are logged in or not, you may receive a different editing experience:
- Most anonymous and newer users will see the VisualEditor. It's an editing experience based on showing you an accurate visual representation of your changes.
- Help:Classic editor
- Other users will see the classic editor, including the older visual editing experience and basic source wikitext editing.
- Once you are in an editor, you can use the available tools to quickly add and remove information, change the formatting, add new images and videos, update the page's layout, and much more! Once you're done making your changes, click the "Save page" button to update the page.
- Don't be afraid if you "break" anything. All edits to a page are stored in the page history, and if something does go wrong, you can simply revert to an older version.
- If you want to edit a page without clicking the "Edit" button, you can press the button on your keyboard, and the page will automatically load the preferred editor.
- Editing is not yet possible through the Fandom app.
Choosing an editor
|VisualEditor||Shows the VisualEditor on all communities.|
|Classic rich-text editor
|Shows the classic rich-text editor where available.|
If not, the source editor is shown.
|Source editor||Shows the basic source editor on all communities.|
Anonymous users will almost always see the VisualEditor by default. In a few specific cases, the VisualEditor may not be available in a particular community.
Additionally, the alternative editors can still be found under the Edit button dropdown - for example, you can still access the classic editor from the dropdown even if the VisualEditor is the default.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article