Editing on Fandom is as simple as clicking the "Edit" button on a page. Doing so will take you to an edit page. This is where you can make changes to the page and add new information and media, correct errors, or update the formatting.
- Most anonymous and new users will see the VisualEditor. It's an editing experience based around showing you an accurate visual representation of your changes.
- Other users will see a source editor, which supports basic source wikitext editing. There are two types of source editors:
- 2017 wikitext editor (VisualEditor - source mode)
- 2010 wikitext editor (Source editor).
- Once you are in an editor, you can use the available tools to quickly add and remove information, change the formatting, add new images and videos, update the page's layout, and much more! Once you're done making your changes, just click the "Save page" button to update the page.
- Don't be afraid if you "break" anything. All edits to a page are stored in the page history, and if something does go wrong you can simply revert to an older version.
- If you want to edit a page without clicking the "Edit" button, you can press the E key on your keyboard, (desktop computer only) and the page will automatically load the preferred editor.
- Editing is not yet possible through the Fandom app.
|VisualEditor||Shows the VisualEditor on all communities.|
|VisualEditor - source mode||Shows the 'source mode' of VisualEditor.|
This editor is also known as the 2017 wikitext editor.
Alongside that, this editor is also known as the 2010 wikitext editor.
Additionally, the alternative editors can still be found under the Edit button dropdown - for example, you can still access the 2017 source editor from the dropdown even if the VisualEditor is the default.
Show changes, Preview and Save can be found at the bottom of the editor window.
When you are on the edit page, on top of the edit window, you can see which editor you are using. You can also use the drop-down menu to switch to another editor. Your preferred editor can be chosen in Special:Preferences → Editing → Preferred editor. If a visual editor is set as your preference, switching to source editor will take you to the 2017 VisualEditor source mode.