Any user can remove content from a page (i.e. sentences, paragraphs, images etc.), but only administrators and content moderators can delete pages. This is often done in cases of spam and vandalism, but may also be used to remove inappropriate, unwanted, obsolete, or off-topic pages.
Step by step
If you find a page that you feel should be deleted and do not have the rights to do so, contact your local administrators or content moderators. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
Deleting a page
- To delete a page, hover over the arrow next to the "Edit" button at the top of the page, then click "Delete".
- On the next page, you will see a box labeled "Delete".
- The "Reason" drop-down has pre-written reasons for deleting the page. An additional reason can be supplied via the "Other/additional reason" box.
- Following the page is also possible when deleting a page. If the page is restored or recreated, a notification will be sent to your email address.
- Click the "Delete page" button.
- After the page is deleted, you will be redirected to the main page of the wiki where a banner will appear at the top confirming the page's deletion.
- Special:Log/delete allows a review of all deletions on a wiki.
- When viewing a previously deleted page, the log of the deletion is shown.
Restoring a page
Any deleted page can be restored by an administrator or content moderator.
- To restore a deleted page, go to Special:Undelete.
- Enter the deleted page title in the "Show pages starting with" box and click "Search".
- Find the page that should be restored and click on it.
- In the "Restore revisions" box, further directions are shown. Add a restoration reason in the "Reason" box and click the "Restore" button.
- If no revisions are selected, all revisions will be restored.
Deleting a wiki
Wikis can only be closed by Fandom Staff. To request a wiki's closure, please send a message to Special:Contact. However, closing wikis is rare, as they are community projects, so please provide as much information as possible in your request to explain why.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience