Community Central
Community Central
(fr)
Tag: Help
(Changed redirect target from Help:Customization policy to Customization policy)
Tags: Redirect target changed Source edit

(29 intermediate revisions by 24 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
#REDIRECT [[Customization policy]]
A '''Cursor''' is the pointer that indicates where your mouse is located or pointing at so that you know where you are about to add/change the text.

This indicator can have its appearance changed a little if you want to bring attention to specific text or to a specific area when the cursor moved over the text/area.

== Step by step ==

In order to change the look of the cursor you will have to do is surround the text/area, you wish to have a new look, with span tags containing the parameter '''style="cursor: <cursor-style>;"''', like this:

:<code><nowiki><span style="cursor: help;">Mouse-over me to see the cursor!</span></nowiki></code>

This results in:

: <span style="cursor: help;">Mouse-over me to see the cursor!</span>

== Additional styles ==

# '''style="cursor:auto;"''', '''style="cursor:default;"''' or '''style="cursor:text;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:auto;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to auto, default or text">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style="cursor:crosshair;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:crosshair;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to crosshair">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style="cursor:move;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:move;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to move">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style="cursor:pointer;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:pointer;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to pointer">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style="cursor:progress;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:progress;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to progress">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style="cursor:wait;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:wait;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to wait">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

For those re-size arrows you would use the following:

# '''style="cursor:e-resize;"''' or '''style="cursor:w-resize;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:e-resize;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to e-resize or w-resize">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style="cursor:n-resize;"''' or '''style="cursor:s-resize;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:n-resize;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to n-resize or s-resize">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style="cursor:ne-resize;"''' or '''style="cursor:sw-resize;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:ne-resize;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to ne-resize or sw-resize">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

# '''style=cursor:"nw-resize;"''' or '''style=cursor:"se-resize;"''' will produce this:

#: <span style="cursor:nw-resize;" title="This is a mouse-over tool-tip with the cursor set to nw-resize or se-resize">Mouse-over me to see the cursor.</span>

== See also ==

* Learn how to [[Help:New page|create a new page]]

* Learn how to [[Help:Modifying text|modify text]]

* Learn how to [[Help:Tables|make tables]]

== Further help & feedback ==

{{Help and feedback section}}

[[fr:Aide:Curseur]]

[[Category:Editing]]

[[Category:Source editing]]

[[Category:Help]]

Latest revision as of 21:42, 19 August 2022