Community Central
Community Central
m (robot Adding: nl:Help:Een account maken)
Line 57: Line 57:

[[fr:Aide:Créer un compte]]

[[fr:Aide:Créer un compte]]
[[nl:Help:Waarom een account maken?]]
+
[[nl:Help:Een account maken]]

[[pl:Pomoc:Tworzenie konta]]

[[pl:Pomoc:Tworzenie konta]]

[[pt:Ajuda:Criar uma conta]]

[[pt:Ajuda:Criar uma conta]]

Revision as of 13:28, 24 May 2011

Creating an account is free and easy, and a great way to join a passionate community of people who love what you love. Having an account also gives you extra abilities and features that un-registered users do not have access to. Your account is used on every Wikia wiki, so you only need to create it once and you will be able to log into every Wikia community.

Step-by-Step

How do I create an account?

• On the top right of every page on Wikia, you will find links to create an account, sign in as well as use facebook connect to log in. You can also visit Special:Signup

• An account creation page will load, and allow you to fill in your account details.
File:Log in create an account .png

Features for registered users

As a registered user, you can:

I forgot my password, what do I do?

• If you forget your password, you can easily have a new one sent to you on the Log-in page. Simply click on the Log-in text on the top right. You can then choose to have a new password emailed to you.
  • If you remember your password, and simply want to change it, visit Special:changepassword.

Can my account be deleted?

• It is not possible for accounts on Wikia to be fully deleted, but they can be disabled.
  • If you want to use a different username, you can create a new account and begin using the new one instead (or rename the account). If there is a risk you will be suspected of "sockpuppetry" (using two accounts for malicious purposes such as double voting), then you should add a note to the user page of both accounts to make it clear you have changed your username.

Next steps

Further Help and Feedback