- This extension is enabled by default on Fandom.
The Community Page feature is a launching point for editors on a community, bringing together information about recent activity and suggestions for pages to improve. In particular, it can help new editors become familiar with the community they're joining and areas where the wiki leadership has indicated need assistance.
How to reach it
The Community Page lives in Special:Community, and can be easily reached by clicking the "Community" link on the "Explore" tab of the wiki navigation bar.
What it contains
The Community Page contains:
- A large banner image to show off your community's topic
- Many suggestions for pages to edit and improve on the left side, including several lists picked from certain special pages, and an area for admins to provide their own suggestions and advice.
- Community information on the right side, including recently active admins, top contributors and recent arrivals. If a Wiki Representative is present, they will be listed below the Admins; otherwise the absence will be noted.
- A location to link to your community policies, plus links to important help pages.
How it works
- Banner image and text
- The banner image can be changed by community admins by uploading a file to File:Community-Page-Header.jpg.
- From the community
- This is an area where admins can provide a wide range of suggestions and pointers for new contributors. For example, it could:
- Point visitors to pages of particular importance, such as an upcoming release
- Link categories of pages in need of updating, like Category:Stubs
- Direct users to the best place to ask questions
- Request comments on a current topic of discussion, such as new Discussions guidelines
- Examples: The Elder Scrolls Wiki, League of Legends Wiki, Destiny Wiki
- Normal article wikitext can be used here and can be any length.
- The contents can be edited by admins via the "Edit list" link, or at MediaWiki:Community-to-do-list.
- Top contributors this week
- This list resets on Sunday night / Monday morning - specifically, around 00:00 UTC on Monday.
- Uploading an image/video and adding it to a page are counted separately.
- Note: rankings are not tracked over the long term, and there are no rewards for being high in the list.
- Help links
- The community policies that are linked within the help module message can be edited by admins.
- It can be found at MediaWiki:Communitypage-policy-module-link-page-name.
- This can point to any page in your community, and defaults to "Help:Community guidelines".
- Got feedback?
- If you have feedback or suggestions for this feature, please !