You can upload an avatar to represent yourself on all of Fandom's communities. It will appear in several locations and gives users another way to identify themselves to others.
To upload an avatar for your profile while on desktop:
- Save your chosen image to your computer (if not there already).
- Go to your user page.
- Click on the "Edit profile" button in the top right.
- Click the edit icon that appears in the corner of your current avatar.
- Press the "Upload file" button and choose your own image, or choose from one of Fandom's pre-loaded avatars.
- If you are satisfied with your avatar, click the "close" or X button.
To upload an avatar for your profile using the Fandom app:
- Save your chosen image to your device (if not there already).
- Go to your user profile via the profile button on the right in the bottom bar.
- Tap the pencil icon on the top right part of the screen.
- Tap the camera icon next to your current avatar and choose your image.
- Crop or select the area of your image you want to be seen.
- Tap the check mark on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, tap "Save" on the top right corner to save your avatar.
- Your image must be a JPEG, PNG, or GIF, and it must be less than 500kb in size. It's best that the image is 150x150 pixels or larger. Animated images are allowed and animate.
- Of course, 500kb is pretty small. Most phone cameras by default take images that are much, much larger. If you want to use an image you've taken on your phone, you'll likely have to run it through an image editor or a compressor to lower its size.
- You can switch back to one of the default avatars or choose a new one at any time, by editing your profile avatar using the same procedure outlined above. (Note: Each time you switch to a custom avatar, you will need to upload a new version of that image.)
- Changing avatars is known to cause problems on mobile devices. If you cannot change it, use a computer or contact Fandom.
Your avatar will show up:
- On the header at the top of your user page.
- Next to your blog posts and comments.
- Next to your posts on message walls, article comments, and Discussions.
- Next to your entries on the sidebar of the Community Page.
Choose your avatar wisely!
- Help:Profiles - Manage other parts of your user profile
- Help:Preferences - Manage your user preferences on Fandom