If you are an admin of your community, then it is especially important for you to know that approximately half of the visits across FANDOM are coming from mobile devices. To support that mobile traffic, FANDOM is offering a number of iOS and Android apps.
Curating your main page for app users
The Mobile Main Page tool allows admins to specify content that will be linked on the main page for community app users, as well as the main page seen by visitors on mobile web. Featured and optional categories you add here will also showcase your wiki's content in the FANDOM app's wiki tab for your fandom.
Promoting the app for your mobile users
To ensure that your mobile user find your wiki via one of our apps, we highly recommend that you take a moment to tell your users about them. We recommend the following ways to spread the word:
- Community Corner message - Found at MediaWiki:Community-corner on your respective communities. This will send an admin message to all users on your community.
- Make a page or post explaining that your wiki can be viewed via the app and add links to where it can be downloaded. Point your community to that page via an announcement notification.
- Link to the app near the top of your Discussions Guidelines.
- Linking to the app via the desktop main page.
- Include links in your local navigation via MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation.
We highly encourage you to include links to the app throughout your wiki. Approximately half of your users are already participating through their mobile devices. This optimizes their experience, lets them contribute through Discussions, and increases your community's visibility.
In addition to your wiki content, the FANDOM app includes breaking news content on a number of select topics, created and curated by the FANDOM editorial team, that complements your wiki's articles and Discussions.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience