Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index General Discussion Who is doing this?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 3039 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

So, on this wiki, I am actively editing it, because I am hoping to become breuacrat. This wiki has been abonded for a while, and vandalism has taken over. So, I have noticed something strage, while marking pages to delete (I mark them so I know which pages to delete when I get the rights, I can delete them):

Well, actually the order is messed up. The bottom one should be on the top, which means the one with a bigger number should be first. So, you see? It seems sombody has been deleting pages... but who? It is not saying on the recent activity... so who could it be? ♥Monsunogirl♥ 00:02, January 11, 2012 (UTC)

Sorry, but your wiki's deletion log, it states clearly that the last deletion was performed in August 2011. However, in the past 24 hours you did perform one page creation, which means that the thumbnail showing the wiki as having only 672 pages must have been from a page load that showed a cached figure. In case you didn't understand the jargon – no-one's deleting pages. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:49, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, thanks! What is a cached picture? Never heard the word jargon either, but it is ok. :P ♥Monsunogirl♥ 23:52, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
Cached figure... well, put very simply, in order to reduce page load times and reduce data costs, browsers and website servers usually store some data for a period of time and only update it every few hours/days. It's a trade-off between making pages load in a short time and allowing people to see relatively fresh versions of data/a design that's constantly being tinkered with. See the Wikipedia article for details. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 00:00, January 11, 2012 (UTC)

Ah, thanks so mcuh, once again! I understand now. It was all in my head. :D ♥Monsunogirl♥ 00:02, January 11, 2012 (UTC)

Not a problem, glad I could help. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 00:06, January 11, 2012 (UTC)