Community Central
Register
Community Central
(reply)
m (Removing redlinks.)
Tag: apiedit
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:

*Blog comment shorthand link: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Semanticdrifter/Understanding_Fair_Use#comm-462521

*Blog comment shorthand link: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Semanticdrifter/Understanding_Fair_Use#comm-462521

:To create those blog comment links, scroll down to the blog comments and find the part that says "3 hours ago by TK-999". Right-click on the "3 hours ago" part and choose '''Copy link address''' option. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|19:24 UTC|Monday|3 December 2012}}

:To create those blog comment links, scroll down to the blog comments and find the part that says "3 hours ago by TK-999". Right-click on the "3 hours ago" part and choose '''Copy link address''' option. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|19:24 UTC|Monday|3 December 2012}}
  +
  +
:Ah I see - I was a bit confused, as I tried to move a blog that was mistakenly put in article namespace, and the talk page wouldn't move. I'l just keep the talk as an orphaned talk then. Thanks![[User talk:Lachlan5963|<choose><option>http://images.wikia.com/central/images/a/ac/Lachlan5963.png</option></choose>]] 20:31, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::Well, I don't think I would personally leave it in ns:1. Orphaning it in simple "Talk" Land wouldn't be something I'd be comfortable with. There's nothing ''wrong'' with it, exactly — I just think the integrity of the most-used namespaces should be preserved to the extent possible.
  +
  +
::So I've got two alternatives for you.
  +
  +
::You could throw it in the almost-never-used "Blog talk" or <nowiki>{{ns:503}}</nowiki>. Sure, ''technically'' 503 isn't the talk space for 500. But who cares, really? You're talking about one orphaned talk page. It'd be better to have a blog talk page ''somewhere'' in Blog Land, and manually link it to the relevant ''user'' blog page. The ''one'' downside is that the page would automatically start with a redlink that could never be resolved. Imagine that the name of the blog were "My blog post". You move the talk page to 503, and what you'd get is a link at the top pointing back to Blog:My blog post (or 502:My blog post). But this would be a redlink, because you moved it to [[User blog:My blog post]] (or 500:My blog post). So it's not an exact fit, but it's a genuine talk page in Blog Land with links to the right user blog page.
  +
  +
::Or you could just delete the page outright and move its contents to a user blog comment under the thread you've just moved. {{user:CzechOut/Sig}}{{User:CzechOut/TimeFormat}} 21:05: Mon 03 Dec 2012</span>

Revision as of 16:31, 21 May 2016

Forums: Index Support Requests What is the talk namespace for blog posts?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2868 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Does anyone know? When I click on the talk link (I use nonobook), it redirects to the blog post itself.Lachlan5963.png 16:16, December 3, 2012 (UTC)

The talk namespace for blog posts is User blog comment (see Help:Namespace). It's used by the blog comments feature.
To create those blog comment links, scroll down to the blog comments and find the part that says "3 hours ago by TK-999". Right-click on the "3 hours ago" part and choose Copy link address option. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 19:24 UTC, Monday, 3 December 2012
Ah I see - I was a bit confused, as I tried to move a blog that was mistakenly put in article namespace, and the talk page wouldn't move. I'l just keep the talk as an orphaned talk then. Thanks!Lachlan5963.png 20:31, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
Well, I don't think I would personally leave it in ns:1. Orphaning it in simple "Talk" Land wouldn't be something I'd be comfortable with. There's nothing wrong with it, exactly — I just think the integrity of the most-used namespaces should be preserved to the extent possible.
So I've got two alternatives for you.
You could throw it in the almost-never-used "Blog talk" or {{ns:503}}. Sure, technically 503 isn't the talk space for 500. But who cares, really? You're talking about one orphaned talk page. It'd be better to have a blog talk page somewhere in Blog Land, and manually link it to the relevant user blog page. The one downside is that the page would automatically start with a redlink that could never be resolved. Imagine that the name of the blog were "My blog post". You move the talk page to 503, and what you'd get is a link at the top pointing back to Blog:My blog post (or 502:My blog post). But this would be a redlink, because you moved it to User blog:My blog post (or 500:My blog post). So it's not an exact fit, but it's a genuine talk page in Blog Land with links to the right user blog page.
Or you could just delete the page outright and move its contents to a user blog comment under the thread you've just moved. czechout    fly tardis 21:05: Mon 03 Dec 2012