Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum What css attribute controls spacing between lines?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4917 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

The space between lines doesnt seem to change when I change font size.

what css element or attribute controls the spacing between lines?
Granpa 23:00, November 1, 2010 (UTC)

It is a combination of font-size and line-height --  Roguebfl   talk    contribs    email   23:54, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. After a couple of hours tinkering its working great. The only thing that I havent been able to figure out is that for some reason when firefox sees a <dl> tag it inserts an unnecessary line break which messes up my layout. The result looks like:

text1
text1

text2
text2
text3
text3
text2
text2

text1
text1
notice the extra space between text1 and text2 Granpa 02:12, November 2, 2010 (UTC)

Um that not "unnecessary" that is part of the default behavior of the "definition list" (ie it is a block level tag not in inline tag) the exmple code you used here is not use the dl tag, so you where you problem is is un clear, how about posted the mark up itself? --  Roguebfl   talk    contribs    email   03:21, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
However I suspect your issue will be with margin-top or margin-bottom --  Roguebfl   talk    contribs    email   03:23, November 2, 2010 (UTC)