Community Central
Register
Community Central
(Copy edit: under → with)
(Adding links for visual verification.)
Line 4: Line 4:

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

I just noticed that when I use the <b><code><nowiki><var></var></nowiki></code></b> tags, the content does not appear italicized with the Wikia skin as it does with the Monobook skin. Is there a little bit of coding I can add to [[w:c:admintools:MediaWiki:Wikia.css|MediaWiki:Wikia.css]] that can fix this? For instance, when we had a similar problem with hatnotes, we added the following code to Common.css:
+
I just noticed that when I use the <b><code><nowiki><var></var></nowiki></code></b> tags, the content does not appear italicized with the Wikia skin as it does with the Monobook skin. Is there a little bit of coding I can add to [[w:c:admintools:MediaWiki:Wikia.css|MediaWiki:Wikia.css]] that can fix this?
  +
  +
To see what I mean, note the following text rendered with <code><nowiki><var>This is a test.</var></nowiki></code>:<blockquote><var>This is a test.</var></blockquote>You will note, if you are using the Wikia skin, that the text is not italicized. Compare the following:
  +
  +
* http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:VAR_tags_and_the_Wikia_skin?useskin=monobook
  +
* http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:VAR_tags_and_the_Wikia_skin?useskin=oasis
  +
  +
When we had a similar problem with hatnotes, we added the following code to Common.css:

<pre>/* Hatnotes and disambiguation notices */

<pre>/* Hatnotes and disambiguation notices */
Line 20: Line 27:

</pre>

</pre>

It worked because it defined the <code><nowiki>.rellink</nowiki></code> and <code><nowiki>.dablink</nowiki></code> classes for the templates using them. But, this is a bit different.
+
It worked because it defined the <code><nowiki>.rellink</nowiki></code> and <code><nowiki>.dablink</nowiki></code> classes for the templates using them. But, this is a bit different since it is not really about CSS classes, is it?

So, is there something similar I could use for fixing the way text inside <b><code><nowiki><var></var></nowiki></code></b> tags appears with the Wikia skin? (Fingers crossed!) Thanks! — '''[[w:c:admintools:User:SpikeToronto|<font color="#DC143C" face="Garamond" size="3">Spike</font>]][[w:c:admintools:User talk:SpikeToronto|<font color="#000000" face="Garamond" size="3">Toronto</font>]]''' 07:45, May 29, 2011 (UTC)

So, is there something similar I could use for fixing the way text inside <b><code><nowiki><var></var></nowiki></code></b> tags appears with the Wikia skin? (Fingers crossed!) Thanks! — '''[[w:c:admintools:User:SpikeToronto|<font color="#DC143C" face="Garamond" size="3">Spike</font>]][[w:c:admintools:User talk:SpikeToronto|<font color="#000000" face="Garamond" size="3">Toronto</font>]]''' 07:45, May 29, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 07:52, 29 May 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum VAR tags and the Wikia skin
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4687 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I just noticed that when I use the <var></var> tags, the content does not appear italicized with the Wikia skin as it does with the Monobook skin. Is there a little bit of coding I can add to MediaWiki:Wikia.css that can fix this?

To see what I mean, note the following text rendered with <var>This is a test.</var>:

This is a test.

You will note, if you are using the Wikia skin, that the text is not italicized. Compare the following:

When we had a similar problem with hatnotes, we added the following code to Common.css:

/* Hatnotes and disambiguation notices */
.rellink,
.dablink {
    font-style: italic;
    padding-left: 2em;
    margin-bottom: 0.5em;
}

.rellink i,
.dablink i {
    font-style: normal;
}

It worked because it defined the .rellink and .dablink classes for the templates using them. But, this is a bit different since it is not really about CSS classes, is it?

So, is there something similar I could use for fixing the way text inside <var></var> tags appears with the Wikia skin? (Fingers crossed!) Thanks! — SpikeToronto 07:45, May 29, 2011 (UTC)