Community Central
Community Central
(unsigned, reply)
m (fmt)
Line 54: Line 54:

:::Every icon in your template that is not displayed will leave a line break. If you display all five icons, all is well. But I haven't been able to find a work-around yet. Maybe DIVs? --<span style="text-shadow:#909090 2px 2px 2px;">[[User:Weas-El|Weas-El]]&nbsp;[[User_talk:Weas-El|<span style="font-size:12pt;">✉</span>]]</span> 13:30, July 7, 2011 (UTC)

:::Every icon in your template that is not displayed will leave a line break. If you display all five icons, all is well. But I haven't been able to find a work-around yet. Maybe DIVs? --<span style="text-shadow:#909090 2px 2px 2px;">[[User:Weas-El|Weas-El]]&nbsp;[[User_talk:Weas-El|<span style="font-size:12pt;">✉</span>]]</span> 13:30, July 7, 2011 (UTC)

:::The last thing I can think of is to use multiple span instead of single row table.
+
:::The last thing I can think of is to use multiple span instead of single row table. If there's no workaround then nevermind. thx for your help =) {{unsigned|Kevinlaw|13:32, 7 July 2011 (UTC)}}

::::This has been fixed. A combination of <nowiki><br></nowiki> and linebreaks must be used. --'''[[User:D-day|D.]]''' <span style="font-size:8pt">([[User talk:D-day|talk]] '''·''' [[Special:Contributions/D-day|contr]])</span> 13:35, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
If there's no workaround then nevermind. thx for your help =) {{unsigned|Kevinlaw|13:32, 7 July 2011 (UTC)}}

:This has been fixed. A combination of <nowiki><br></nowiki> and linebreaks must be used. --'''[[User:D-day|D.]]''' <span style="font-size:8pt">([[User talk:D-day|talk]] '''·''' [[Special:Contributions/D-day|contr]])</span> 13:35, July 7, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 13:46, 7 July 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Unwanted new 'p' and 'br' tag added into last cell
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4670 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I have this code in template:

{| align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" |- {{#if: {{{1|}}}| {{!}}[[File:a.svg|32px|alt=A]]}} {{#if: {{{2|}}}| {{!}}[[File:b.svg|32px|alt=B]]}} {{#if: {{{3|}}}| {{!}}[[File:c.svg|32px|alt=C]]}} {{#if: {{{4|}}}| {{!}}[[File:d.svg|32px|alt=D]]}} {{#if: {{{5|}}}| {{!}}[[File:e.svg|32px|alt=E]]}} |- |} when param 1,2,3 is defined(param 5,6 is empty/null), wikia renders a.svg, b.svg and c.svg correctly

however, immediately after anchor element of c.svg,

<p><br></p>

is added into the third cell generating new line.

I don't want the new line. How can I remove it? Thx for any advice. —This unsigned comment is by Kevinlaw (talkcontribs) 12:35, 7. Jul. 2011. Please sign your posts with Kevin Law 12:50, July 7, 2011 (UTC)!

Have you tried removing the blank lines in your code? --Weas-El 12:41, July 7, 2011 (UTC)

Yes, but still no luck.I believe param 4 & 5 is generating the new lines, so I tried stacking all #if without line break too, but the layout is broken that way:

{| align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" |- {{#if: {{{1|}}}| {{!}}[[File:a.svg|32px|alt=A]]}}{{#if: {{{2|}}}| {{!}}[[File:b.svg|32px|alt=B]]}}{{#if: {{{3|}}}| {{!}}[[File:c.svg|32px|alt=C]]}}{{#if: {{{4|}}}| {{!}}[[File:d.svg|32px|alt=D]]}}{{#if: {{{5|}}}| {{!}}[[File:e.svg|32px|alt=E]]}} |- |} Kevin Law 12:50, July 7, 2011 (UTC)

Would you give us a link to your template, please? --Weas-El  13:03, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
template in http://fishhunt.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Sandbox01
sandbox for testing in http://fishhunt.wikia.com/wiki/Sandbox01
notice the "D2" icon in infobox at right sideKevin Law
Every icon in your template that is not displayed will leave a line break. If you display all five icons, all is well. But I haven't been able to find a work-around yet. Maybe DIVs? --Weas-El  13:30, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
The last thing I can think of is to use multiple span instead of single row table. If there's no workaround then nevermind. thx for your help =) —This unsigned comment is by Kevinlaw (wallcontribs) 13:32, 7 July 2011 (UTC). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.
This has been fixed. A combination of <br> and linebreaks must be used. --D. (talk · contr) 13:35, July 7, 2011 (UTC)