Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
(+comment)

Line 22: Line 22:

:::Why not just putting the image on ImageShack and making it appear using the direct URL ?

:::Why not just putting the image on ImageShack and making it appear using the direct URL ?

:::Note that local wiki admins are fully entitled to remove the link anyway. — [[User:TulipVorlax|Tulip]][[User talk:TulipVorlax|Vorlax]] 04:09, 18 July 2009 (UTC)

:::Note that local wiki admins are fully entitled to remove the link anyway. — [[User:TulipVorlax|Tulip]][[User talk:TulipVorlax|Vorlax]] 04:09, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
  +
Quote from: [[User:Anne Behnert|Anne Behnert]] at 20:50, 17 July 2009:
  +
:::"Why would you want to bend rules?--[[Special:Contributions/Anne Behnert|AB]] 20:50, 17 July 2009 (UTC)"
  +
Because that way I know I'm not breaking them.--{{subst:User:Launchballer/signature}} 05:56, 18 July 2009 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 05:56, 18 July 2009

Forums: Index Help desk Transcluding from another wikia?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5389 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

In Forum:Can't use Google Chart API, Ciencia Al Poder mentioned his renderGoogleCharts JS code that displays an image created by Google within a wikia article.

I imagine such a thing would work from dissimilar wikia transcluding content from each another. I wonder though if Wikia has something better than this. (I mean just copying the rendered html, not re-executing the wikitext and templates.) ~ Phlox 00:10, 16 July 2009 (UTC)

You can get a wiki's page content by using ?action=render on the URL, but the other wiki would be missing the custom .css classes that some wikis have, so the results may well vary. --◄mendel► 14:01, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Not following you. You don't mean in the wikitext, right? Because
[http://history.wikia.com/wiki/Archbishopric_of_Mainz?action=render]
just generates [1] in the same way that the google chart link was displayed prior to Cencia's JS patch. ~ Phlox 16:30, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
The point is that could write Javascript or an extension to load that HTML and display it, maybe in an iframe, but with the aforementioned drawback. --◄mendel► 22:22, 16 July 2009 (UTC)

How can I transclude a page from something stored here, for use for one of my templates on the SNN?--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 18:56, 16 July 2009 (UTC)

{{:w:Whatever}}--AB 22:19, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Okay. So if I download my file here, it should be okay.--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 06:09, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
I thought SNN was a Wikia wiki. Surely Wikia is not a personal file host.--AB 15:11, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Non-Sonic images will be deleted from there. What if I was to upload them to Wikipedia and transclude them from there…--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 16:15, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Why would you want to bend rules?--AB 20:50, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Why not just putting the image on ImageShack and making it appear using the direct URL ?
Note that local wiki admins are fully entitled to remove the link anyway. — TulipVorlax 04:09, 18 July 2009 (UTC)

Quote from: Anne Behnert at 20:50, 17 July 2009:

"Why would you want to bend rules?--AB 20:50, 17 July 2009 (UTC)"

Because that way I know I'm not breaking them.--{{subst:User:Launchballer/signature}} 05:56, 18 July 2009 (UTC)