Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 16: Line 16:

:::I like the reasoning BulldozerD11, but that would only work if Wikia staff were sending messages to themselves. I didn't read anything about upper limits, Mr. Anonymous IP guy, but for PR purposes they should have said "up to 2-3 business days", if they meant that. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Former WoWWiki Admin">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 10:16 PM PST 10 Dec 2010

:::I like the reasoning BulldozerD11, but that would only work if Wikia staff were sending messages to themselves. I didn't read anything about upper limits, Mr. Anonymous IP guy, but for PR purposes they should have said "up to 2-3 business days", if they meant that. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Former WoWWiki Admin">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 10:16 PM PST 10 Dec 2010
  +
  +
::::So what's the next step? Ask our money back? :) '''''[[User:Brambram|Bram]]'''<sup>[[User talk:Brambram|Talk]]/[[w:c:Ibanez|IGW]]</sup>'' 11:36, December 11, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 11:36, 11 December 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum The myth of 24-hr Special:Contact turnaround
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4878 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I know lots of you don't care about this, but I'd like to present some evidence that even Wikia doesn't believe they will respond to a Special:Contact request in 24 hours.

Here is the message that appears on the page after I sent a Special:Contact request on WoWWiki:

Thank you for contacting Wikia. We receive and review all messages submitted here. We will do our best to get back to you in the next 2-3 business days, but please be patient as we work through all of the messages. Happy editing!

Hmmm... "2-3 business days"... that must be on some planet where 2-3 business days equals 24 earth hours. Or maybe I have it all wrong, the 24 hours thing wasn't for earth! -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 3:43 PM PST 10 Dec 2010

Simple maths 3 (working days) x 8 (working hours/day) = 24 hours on planet Wikia ;) non working time dosen't count for staff. -   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   01:11, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
I thought they said 24 hours was the average, whereas from the wording, 2-3 days would be the upper limit. --222.152.234.240 04:46, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
I like the reasoning BulldozerD11, but that would only work if Wikia staff were sending messages to themselves. I didn't read anything about upper limits, Mr. Anonymous IP guy, but for PR purposes they should have said "up to 2-3 business days", if they meant that. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 10:16 PM PST 10 Dec 2010
So what's the next step? Ask our money back? :) BramTalk/IGW 11:36, December 11, 2010 (UTC)