Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Template shows a group of unneccessary brackets
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4704 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello, I am from the Armored Core Wiki and am requesting assistance with a template made by a fellow member. The following template seen here works just fine when inserted into a page except for a few brackets that appear above the infobox. I've tried editing it a few times in a variety of ways, but it still remains there. Can anyone explain why its doing this and how to fix it? I would appreciate it. Farmboy28 03:29, June 3, 2011 (UTC)

You have extra brackets somewhere. Dig through the code matching all opening brackets to their corresponding closing brackets. You will find you have some extra ones floating around most likely.--

That was the conclusion that I came to when I first saw the template. But after digging through the coding, I could find no extra brackets; each opening had a closing one. I have gone through it several times. Farmboy28 03:40, June 3, 2011 (UTC)

I input your template into MS word and used the replace all function, first on left and then on right squiggly brackets, and it tells me there are 6 more right squiggly brackets than left. Six right squiggly brackets is indeed what is appearing extra. So we were all right on our first guess, it's just that we're missing where those brackets are in out search. I know it's a pain to have to look again but I'm pretty sure they're hidden in there somewhere.--FierceDeku 05:06, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
I checked the brackets I didn't find any extra. I'll look again though.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  05:11 am,Jun/3/11